Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 AM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,684,191.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlinka View Post
Totally agree with you. What impressed me most about Wards performance was that he never looked out of control. Even though some rounds were low on action, he just exhuded this quality that only a few fighters show. To keep it up for a grueling 12 rounds was very impressive, but yes, watch and wait...
...with baited breath.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 AM
check hook
Gay Pride

Rep Power: 23 check hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,461,490,943.09
Total Points: 199,467,795,638.58
putting pactards down - I'm so sorry WAR Floyd!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefl14 View Post
Someone talking sense. Ward is a fantastic fighter but I don't think he's anything like scintillating to be honest. He has the talent to move up the rankings but people suggesting that his talent is on par with Floyd's is simply laughable. There is no other word for it.

- FMJ
- MP
- Donaire
- Martinez
- Gamboa
- Dawson
- JMM
- Klits

are higher on my P4P list than Ward, and he'd need to beat Bute and Direll to leapfrog some of these guys.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:34 AM
hkp30l
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 hkp30l is a name known to allhkp30l is a name known to allhkp30l is a name known to allhkp30l is a name known to allhkp30l is a name known to allhkp30l is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,466.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
His ability to fight any style with ease, keep himself composed, the ability to fight on the outside as well as the inside deems himself as the nacho cheese style; he's able to smother his opponent on the inside, cause them to get frustrated, is a switch hitter from orthodox to southpaw.

What else more do you want? One thing I realize everyone says he's a boring fighter, but is it his fault he's able to completely neutralize a fighter's offense with his quick reflexes and slippery eel style, or so as Froch himself put it.

I may be slightly biased (born and raised in the Bay Area myself) when I'm saying Ward is the next best thing, but his accolades should be enough to convince anyone new to the sport that Ward is the best complete all around fighter in the sport today, period!
Lots of easily impresionable people here. Please while Ward is a good solid fighter he is far from being P4P #1. He lacks power, his offense or defense are not that great he just has a Hopkins style ability to win. To put it this way he's the Hopkins of the next generation a good fighter that knows how to win.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:16 AM
champion4ever
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,372,902,614.87

In my opinion, Andre Ward is the new Roy Jones, Jr. Of young boxers in this current generation. His performance against Carl Froch was very reminiscent of Roy Jones, Jr's. Dominant performance over James Toney at the exact same weight class in 1994.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 AM
check hook
Gay Pride

Rep Power: 23 check hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,461,490,943.09
Total Points: 199,467,795,638.58
putting pactards down - I'm so sorry WAR Floyd!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion4ever View Post
In my opinion, Andre Ward is the new Roy Jones, Jr. Of young boxers in this current generation. His performance against Carl Froch was very reminiscent of Roy Jones, Jr's. Dominant performance over James Toney at the exact same weight class in 1994.

i disagree completely. That RJJ and James Toney are light years ahead of Froch and Ward.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:16 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,645,331.30

Quote:

Ward doesn't destroy anyone. Ward is one of the most skilled fighters in the game but he never does anything that makes me amazed like some of the legendary fighters; he is just effective but quite boring and unfortunately that means he'll never be a star. He has an astonishingly low level of power for a top calibre fighter to be honest. I don't want to hear that power is god given and that you can't teach it because that's absolute B.S. Power mainly depends on two things, only one of which is based on natural talent and ward has that talent. Them things are:

1) The speed at which a punch is thrown - Ward is fast so he should be OK here
2) The weight behind the punch - Ward doesn't turn into punches properly and consequently has no power
I agree. I can look and applaud boxing skill as much as any fan. But to be a superstar you need to be able to provide action or be a personality. Ward has neither. He is a ncie guy the religious crap will put alot of people off. not to mention his fighting style is so boring to watch and will never be in an entertaining fight unless the guy he is fighting eitehr out muscles him or puts him on his ass. That my friends is the difference beetwenn him and say Rios. Ward is bar far the better fighter but Rios will always earn moe money and will have way more fans because he stand infront of you and beats you until you cannot get back up.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 AM
smifnwessun
Banned

Rep Power: 0 smifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these partssmifnwessun is infamous around these parts
Bank: 21,393,623,027.09
Total Points: 21,394,622,098.10
No Message - smifnwessun No Message - smifnwessun No Message - smifnwessun 

Quote:

Ward doesn't destroy anyone. Ward is one of the most skilled fighters in the game but he never does anything that makes me amazed like some of the legendary fighters; he is just effective but quite boring and unfortunately that means he'll never be a star. He has an astonishingly low level of power for a top calibre fighter to be honest. I don't want to hear that power is god given and that you can't teach it because that's absolute B.S. Power mainly depends on two things, only one of which is based on natural talent and ward has that talent. Them things are:

1) The speed at which a punch is thrown - Ward is fast so he should be OK here
2) The weight behind the punch - Ward doesn't turn into punches properly and consequently has no power

I'd like to see you take one of his punches and then blog about it after
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Jay Volcano
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Jay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.62
Total Points: 1,001,034,564.04

This Ward wankfest is getting ridiculous. Indeed, he's a very good boxer, ten times better than the overrated Froch. But, saying that he is the next P4P King and comparing him to Roy Jones Jr. or Mayweather is idiotic.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 AM
sunny31
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 542,671,290.58
Total Points: 642,724,959.93

He can be p4p #1 when the other 2 retire, it is very possible. But he is not in the same league as Mayweather, or Roy, or someone like that. I think he is more beatable than those guys. He needs to keep winning, and maybe start being a little more exciting, but I did say last year I thought he was pretty special, and he is proving me right.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 AM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,171,257,573,781.95
Total Points: 100,171,257,574,231.09
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

If he beats Bute, then he should move up a couple spots up the P4P rankings. Ring has him at 9 right now, so he would probably take Wlad's #6 spot if he wins.