Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-16-2011, 06:26 PM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,352,244.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post

Only a few of today's fighters can fight on the inside..let alone survive 15 round fights.

Canelo is 21 and he was breathing hard after 3 rounds...

The Klit Bros gass-out easilly..

Evidently many of today's fighters haven't taken advantage of all those advanced training techniques and nutrition....

All that crap is a MYTH....

The biggest era for heavyweights was from 1920's to the 1950's..
this all the way.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-16-2011, 06:31 PM
NAPO
Business are Unfinish

Rep Power: 27 NAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,788.84
Total Points: 10,005,221,563.40
The boss - mangler Cocktail hour bro - mangler A Victory Toast! - The Surgeon 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Childhood Cancer - Sox8055 

This is a topic in which there will not a specific point on who's right.

We are talking about Technology, 12 rounds, diets, ect.

Go back in time and tell me how this generation would do against the past one.

Or Bring the old school into this generation and tell me how would they do with so many different types of boxing instead of dealing with a fight foward mentality only.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,565,909,285,078,085.00
Total Points: 1,595,129,401,206,151.75
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearnsfan86 View Post
I think were steering off the topic here. Im not talking about diets and fitness training, as im pretty sure the older fighters were freaks of nature when it came to fitness. Im talking about the sweet science, head movement, defense, ring generalship e.t.c......

Basically how boxing technique has evolved, not fitness methods
Well, my post was in response to the 'evolution of the sport' due to 'new training methods and diets'.

I'd like a breakdown of the difference between Mayweather and Robinson respectively. Should be easy since it's apparently so drastic and someone as evolved as Mayweather must use all of the new training methods and diets.

As for ring generalship an defense, I don't see how that's really a drastic improvment.

Locche is more naturally gifted than about 90% of the fighters of the last decade.

The list goes on an on.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 PM
any craic lad?
TOMDWAR

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 164,855.89
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
Not having a strength and conditioning coach would be the least of Pac's problems.

What modern boxing equipment....?????????????????????

Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey had....

Speed bags
Heavy bags
Double-end bags
They hit the mitts
They sparred
They swam
They chopped wood
They swung sledge hammers
Medicine balls
free weights
Jump rope
weight machines and devices of every type and description..
ect ect ect..

And they ate PURE food and CLEAN water free of lead...mercury..strontium 90..aluminum. ect ect....they didn't have radio-active isotopes embedded in their DNA.

ALL fighters from the past had a STRICT DIET and training regiment..

The only thing they didn't have is video tape,air-conditioned gyms...and PLENTY places to eat ALL THE TIME.

You muthafu.cka's have to stop repeating dumb shi.t your heard from some loser that doesn't have a clue..
Please tell me who im repeating
Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 PM
-Kev-
Hype Beast

Rep Power: 105 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,475,906,711,180.34
Total Points: 18,475,906,792,352.98
What would I do without Kev? - Bossy You're the bestest :kiss: - Bossy fresh one, for a smoothy! - negged thx m8! heres another good fruit for your smoothy - negged Here's for the 15K bro. - led* 
One more. Just don't tell your mom. - led* Early birthday shout. Have a great one, bro. - Libido Sanchez Best of the best - BoxingGenius27 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel 
Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Can someone explain and breakdown the drastic differences in diet and training regimes between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Sugar Ray Robinson.

What does Mayweather, possibly the most gifted fighter of the last few decades, do differently that makes him so much more modern and evolved than Robinson?

Chin ups? Jump rope? Heavybag? Pads?

What about diet? What's in Mayweather's diet that makes him so much more evolved than Robinson?

Meat? Vegetables?
I don't know about diet, but do you know anything about if Robinson drank alcohol or smoked anything? Because Floyd supposedly does not drink or smoke, and is always caught with a bottle of water at clubs. I am on the old school fighters side here, if you wanna call it that way, I am actually just on the side that styles make fights, and a new school fighter has as much of a chance at beating an old school fighter and vice versa, it all depends on style. But people who smoke cigarette or drink are not going to look 100% against a health freak like Floyd. It's like a guy who regularly smokes weed and tries to play basketball, he'll be huffing and puffing in no time.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 PM
AlwaysOnTop
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,413.41
ownage of a pacfart - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearnsfan86 View Post
Again, your thinking too much in the present. 15 round fights are all well and good. Jack johnson used to fight 40 round fights!!! he stopped jess willard in the 26th round ( i think it was the 26th )
You don't even know what you're talking about.

I am from a boxing family..

Training and diet have REGRESSED not advanced..

Boxing isn't like football or basketball...these guys today are GOING BACKWARDS..

My Grandad and the guys before him have forgotten more about boxing...training...and diet..than fighters today could ever learn.

You are only repeating what some Skip Bayless or Micheal Wilbon type pulled out of his as.s

Today's fighters don't even have the stanima to employ the gruelling 'bob n' weave' style..

hmmm

WHERE ARE THE BOB AND WEAVERS...?????

Defense is the hardest thing to learn about boxing..it takes a level of commitment and HEART most fighters today lack...

Today

Defense is all but a lost art.

Last edited by AlwaysOnTop; 12-16-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,087,170,640.19
Total Points: 108,318,361,634.63
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 

back when smoking was hip and "healthy"
Old 12-16-2011, 06:51 PM
AlwaysOnTop
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these partsAlwaysOnTop is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh! View Post
back when smoking was hip and "healthy"
Smoking was never hip and healthy in boxing..

Most fighters back then didn't smoke..
Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 PM
-Kev-
Hype Beast

Rep Power: 105 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,475,906,711,180.34
Total Points: 18,475,906,792,352.98
What would I do without Kev? - Bossy You're the bestest :kiss: - Bossy fresh one, for a smoothy! - negged thx m8! heres another good fruit for your smoothy - negged Here's for the 15K bro. - led* 
One more. Just don't tell your mom. - led* Early birthday shout. Have a great one, bro. - Libido Sanchez Best of the best - BoxingGenius27 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel 
Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPO View Post
This is a topic in which there will not a specific point on who's right.

We are talking about Technology, 12 rounds, diets, ect.

Go back in time and tell me how this generation would do against the past one.

Or Bring the old school into this generation and tell me how would they do with so many different types of boxing instead of dealing with a fight foward mentality only.
What technology are you talking about though?

It sounds like fighters arms are being surgically removed with steel arms that can punch through walls or something. Man you guys are making these new fighters sound like they're part of some science fiction movie. Styles make fights, you put a guy like Margarito in with a Sugar Ray Robinson, all the science in the world won't help Margarito win that fight.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 PM
AlwaysOnTop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
What technology are you talking about though?

It sounds like fighters arms are being surgically removed with steel arms that can punch through walls or something. Man you guys are making these new fighters sound like they're part of some science fiction movie. Styles make fights, you put a guy like Margarito in with a Sugar Ray Robinson, all the science in the world won't help Margarito win that fight.