Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
turbotime
Banned

Rep Power: 0 turbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 127,269,765.14
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
Now multiply that by 12....
That's 72 warnings for Hopkins. How many points were deducted?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Body Movin'
60/40 I KICK YO ASS

Rep Power: 25 Body Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 172,962,360,259,997.31
Total Points: 172,962,361,418,873.62
good work - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy floyd - BostonGuy money mayweather - BostonGuy I like that beer-money thing you got going there, here add this beer to it...Jersey up in here! - jose830 
No Message - BostonGuy cheers - handwraps what a legend - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trampstank View Post
They were very harsh deductions for Khan. I think such a minor indescretion should not be made to affect the outcome of the fight like that.

Many fighters get away with far worse. Check out the video below; holding, pushing, elbows and low-blows all considered clever tricks of the trade.

far worse? are you joking? pay attention to this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushahadeen View Post
DUDE.

If you push / hold / elbow / headbutt / etc. once in awhile, you're gonna get away with it. If you do it a few times a round, you're going to get away with it.

But if you push 10,000x with the Ref constantly warning-- hey maybe you should think about stopping.
each time a fighter gets inside, khan will either push off or push down as if his life depended on it. it's too blatant what he does.

Last edited by Body Movin'; 12-12-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:24 PM
trampstank
Up and Comer

Total Points: 11,000,001,878.62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Movin' View Post
fare worse? are you joking? pay attention to this post.

each time a fighter gets inside, khan will either push off or push down as if his life depended on it. it's too blatant what he does.
Point of the elbow to the eye > a push in my humble opinoin.

I think each time is an exaggeration. I've seen the 'push' video and it looks quite dramatic all edited together etc but actually watching the fight it did not look any more dramatic than many fights I have watched before. I didn't hear/ see Petersen or his corner complain once.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 99 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,496,513,949,529.38
Total Points: 13,506,575,685,386.56
thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed 
Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat 
WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega 
Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
That's 72 warnings for Hopkins. How many points were deducted?
Pretty sure I was arguing with you about referee consistency in another thread.
But people are crucifying Cooper for actually calling something out, other refs might not but that's on them.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM
turbotime
Banned

Rep Power: 0 turbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond reputeturbotime has a reputation beyond repute
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
But people are crucifying Cooper for actually calling something out, other refs might not but that's on them.
I'm guessing because of your dislike for Khan you're ok with the inconsistency.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
GrizzleBoy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 GrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,641.50
:fing02: - mellow_mood 

Quote:
I'm guessing because of your dislike for Khan you're ok with the inconsistency.
Cooper was consistent with upholding the rules of the game.

Its nut hugging that makes rules not have to apply to certain people and its that exact kind of BS that hurts boxing.

So why is it that the ref that respects the rules of boxing out of others that dont who gets the stick?

The ONLY way consistency will come is if the rules of boxing are respected, as the rules are the only things that do not change from fight to fight.

As long as each ref can pick and choose if and when to actually pay any regard to the rules of the sport, there will NEVER be consistency.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:38 PM
turbotime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Cooper was consistent with upholding the rules of the game.

Its nut hugging that makes rules not have to apply to certain people and its that exact kind of BS that hurts boxing.

So why is it that the ref that respects the rules of boxing out of others that dont who gets the stick?

The ONLY way consistency will come is if the rules of boxing are respected, as the rules are the only things that do not change from fight to fight.

As long as each ref can pick and choose if and when to actually pay any regard to the rules of the sport, there will NEVER be consistency.
Nah, Cooper needed to call time and issue warnings to both fighters, Peterson for elbows and bulling him into the ropes, and Khan for holding behind the head. He did neither, and instead took points on a whim, from both fighters.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:44 PM
GrizzleBoy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 GrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGrizzleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,641.50
:fing02: - mellow_mood 

Quote:
Nah, Cooper needed to call time and issue warnings to both fighters, Peterson for elbows and bulling him into the ropes, and Khan for holding behind the head. He did neither, and instead took points on a whim, from both fighters.
Right.

1. LoL at you somehow deciding Peterson was the one with "the elbow" in that fight.

2. Show me where in the rule books it says that bullying an opponent is against the rules.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
turbotime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Right.

1. LoL at you somehow deciding Peterson was the one with "the elbow" in that fight.

2. Show me where in the rule books it says that bullying an opponent is against the rules.
He was elbowing Khan under the chin whenever they got in close on the ropes. Watch again, almost as if he was trying to bring Khan's gloves down.

Lowering your head as a tool to push a fighter into the ropes like a billygoat is guess what, a headbutt. I really am fine with it, but if the ref is going to take points off for pushing he needs to look at the butts and elbows too. He warned him two or three times, then for some reason stopped.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Juanma9
Contender

Total Points: 8,102.94

Quote:
Well... he did take the same amount of points for pushing that Tyson was deducted for biting an ear off.