Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Haglerwins
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Haglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerwins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 198,014.31
Thanks so much for your support and respect - Massage Queen great post about the govt... - Lazerjab 

Margarito was not going to pull off a stoppage with the time left, so there was no point in the doctor letting him fight with that eye shut.

It took the collective drubbing of every single round of the first fight to get his 11 round stop on Cotto. There was nowhere near the same landed offense he drowned Cotto in the 1st time for me to believe he'd win in the final rounds.

He was just asking for more eye damage and maybe picking up another round.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Exciterx30
El Intocable Bass Machine

Rep Power: 38 Exciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond reputeExciterx30 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 339,394,037,936.18
Total Points: 339,394,077,336.48
For being an objective poster! - TintaBoricua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I didn't really contradict myself. It was a loss and a win is a win. Gave my congrats.

I don't have time to mourn over a sport. Both of these ****ers(Cotto/Margs) make millions off us. If they lose they're rich regardless. Something me and you ain't.

Indeed, I don't see why some posters take fights so personal. I was rooting for Cotto but I was not going to "cry" if he lost. After all, it's competition. The problem is the nationalistic trolling that gets way out of hand too often. Without that, it's all okay.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Johnwoo8686
The Devil's Double

Rep Power: 6 Johnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,648,298.99
Total Points: 110,046,830,484.32
No Message - Johnwoo8686 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Molded out of Canelo's Snake just for you. - robust_ 

Margarito is done and Cotto needs to thank Pacquiao for helping him get that stoppage. Margarito's eye was damaged in the Pac fight and it will probably never be the same. With that said, Cotto was indeed in control of the fight and boxed much better in this fight than he did in the previous bout. Congrats to Miguel.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:22 PM
texas1
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 texas1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 15,961.39

Cotto looked weak after the 9th, I think there was a chance Margarito could have hurt him and put him down. He even gave that same wink to his corner like he knew he was getting lit up.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Lords of BoxingScene

Rep Power: 26 120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute120 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,957,084,487.31
Total Points: 28,567,168,105.39
to true warriors like margo and cotto! - sinep99 A toast to yet another great victory for Miguel! - The Surgeon For my own thread...lol. - jazluvr have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier cool poster should be wasted - led 
one for the road - led For the green - rorymac cheers! - sweetpea87 haha it was just a copy n paste - Konstantin 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I didn't really contradict myself. It was a loss and a win is a win. Gave my congrats. Plus if you see, it has to do more with the cries you guys did for years. Finally it can settle down.

I don't have time to mourn over a sport. Both of these ****ers(Cotto/Margs) make millions off us. If they lose they're rich regardless. Something me and you ain't.
sorry but i'm rich part of the %1
Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,038,342,090.74
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

This isnt like the first fight, and Margarito wasnt going to perform a miracle and another stoppage likke in the first fight.

After the recent deaths in boxing, it has to be considered a good stoppage. Marge is too brave for his own good. Not sure what career Marge has got left but he can fight another day and thats what matters.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,304,381.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120 View Post
sorry but i'm rich part of the %1
Sure...just cause you're looking at your epoints on NSB doesn't mean it's your bank account.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Mickey88
Contender

Rep Power: 4 Mickey88 will become famous soon enoughMickey88 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 1,009,410.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas1 View Post
Cotto looked weak after the 9th, I think there was a chance Margarito could have hurt him and put him down. He even gave that same wink to his corner like he knew he was getting lit up.
how do u give a wink to ur corner to let them know ur getting ur assss lit retard... Cotto did not look weak after the 9th cuz there was no 10th for ur info... Cotto looked a lil exhauseted but if the fight would had gone to distance Cotto would had won anyways.. Margaritio did NOT have a chance bro.. live with it.. Cotto is the better boxer fighter etc... Margarito is done...
Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 20,791,170,679,100.63
Total Points: 22,746,492,238,097.24
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

I don't even know if I should find the irony in this tread funny or repulsive.

As bad as the Mexican fanbase took this lost, in a year that they swept otherwise was worse than the ******* needing slow motion to try & justify Marquez schooling Pacman.

I mean the crap that they have been spouting was horrible. Then to come into this tread & try to turn it around, well that's having no shame right there.

From a neutral standpoint, the Ricans have come in here all year & given props to the winners, but the Mexicans lost 1 fight this year in the rivalry & they couldn't even handle it. Plus Margarito was a proven cheater, which adds to the shamelessness of it all.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:39 PM
texas1
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 texas1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 15,961.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey88 View Post
how do u give a wink to ur corner to let them know ur getting ur assss lit retard... Cotto did not look weak after the 9th cuz there was no 10th for ur info... Cotto looked a lil exhauseted but if the fight would had gone to distance Cotto would had won anyways.. Margaritio did NOT have a chance bro.. live with it.. Cotto is the better boxer fighter etc... Margarito is done...
Come on you know it was a weak stoppage, you're right Cotto was exhausted all that pressure was getting to him. And the fact that Margarito seemed happy to be in there banging it up was ****ing with his head. I think there would have been a little more closure if it would have kept going. Cotto's strategy of holding and trying to smother the punches helped out a lot this time around, but It looked like he was finally breaking down a little bit towards the end of the fight.