Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who really won?
Lara 26 40.63%
Canelo 38 59.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
RussTBE
Interim Champion

Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2 RussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 35,000,000,100,000,268.00
Default Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON?

This has probably already been discussed a ****load but to settle the score vote in the poll and explain who you think won and why. Personally i think lara beat canelo in a close ass fight and even if you had canelo winning no way was it 117-111.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Slyboots
MarGODito

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21 Slyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,023,416,692,711,874.25
Total Points: 1,023,427,791,688,091.88
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

I had it a draw and I was being generous to Canelo because I couldn't stand watching Lara run a marathon in that fight.

I think realistically it was 7-5 Lara.

I'm also glad Canelo got the W, regardless of if he deserved it. Fighters like Lara ruin the sport of boxing.
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
RussTBE
Interim Champion

Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2 RussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to beholdRussTBE is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 35,000,000,100,000,268.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyboots View Post
I had it a draw and I was being generous to Canelo because I couldn't stand watching Lara run a marathon in that fight.

I think realistically it was 7-5 Lara.

I'm also glad Canelo got the W, regardless of if he deserved it. Fighters like Lara ruin the sport of boxing.
I think most ppl say canelo won just becuase he was trying to be the aggressor and they dont like lara's "running" style.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Divine Hammer
pilgrim

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17 Divine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDivine Hammer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,001,079,884.62
It's a bible :) - Beercules Thanks for the quality posts on the Gaza situation - Freedom2014 For being a refreshing NSB poster. - jjbj2 Hilarious - jas I'm sure you'll name this Manny and use it! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Fists_of_Fury 

i scored it 7-5 lara. i know many in the media scored it for lara as well.
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
bigdunny1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9 bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 62,804.95

Canelo won because too many rounds where nothing happened...were because Lara flat out ran all night long. So when you have fights with such low output and it's really to blame because one guy is running from a fight you lose rounds. Most of the rounds had frigging single digit punches landed and Canelo was the one landing the harder power shots. Canelo coming forward landing harder shots and also busted up Lara's eye. Lara was already running but once he saw the blood from his eye he took running to another level. If you going to win with the style Lara was fighting you had better double up your opponent in punches landed. He needed to sit down and trade in spots instead he just ran and the few punches he landed were mostly slap punches and jabs because he was always backing up refusing to sit down on anything because he was afraid of getting knocked out by Canelo. Not enough to win a fight doing that. When the output numbers are so low for both fighters one big shot here and there is enough to win the round and that's what Canelo did.
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
Beercules
Mint Milana

Quoted: 3273 Post(s)
Rep Power: 147 Beercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,140,877,342,950,342.25
Total Points: 76,692,176,049,424,171,008.00
. - Beercules . - Beercules . - Beercules No Message - hhs661 Cheers to the solo boxeo fights! - Tyler_Durden 
cheers homie! :beerchug: - -jose- cheers - LarryXXX Giants Win !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER Have one on me - sweetpea87 ran out of green - jazluvr 
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas Bud! - TBear Merry Christmas! - Amazinger Have a safe one B! - -jose- Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
For being you :) - AlexKid War Kovalev!! Cheers - Kovalev #1 Vote Trump 2016! - Hype job Try some Heady Topper! - ..,Krusher,.. :beerchug: cheers broski! - -jose- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - jas Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hepatitis C - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Beercules Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Amazinger 

7-5 Lara
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
bigdunny1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9 bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 62,804.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Hammer View Post
i scored it 7-5 lara. i know many in the media scored it for lara as well.
Most of the media had it for Canelo, some had it a draw and much fewer had it for Lara. But all were in disgust for the way Lara chose to fight that was unanimous. LOL
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Rep Power: 193 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,720,105,103,488,829.50
Total Points: 3,723,215,149,495,487.50
Thread of the year- &quot;Drunk Lang&quot; - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab 
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz 
Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a beer,can't green you again lol - HughJass 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You da man - Beercules Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Happy New Year, Jew Boy - Rocky... Happy New Year lad!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PorterIsFuture 

I had it 7-5 Lara. But it could have been 7-5 Canelo or a draw.
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
icha
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 icha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,502,000,000,096,544.00
WAR Canelo - Booty Dew WarNelo - Dinamita 03 yo invito!! - KO MX Thanks for sharing...ESPN Deportes article - -jose- Lara fans got owned lol - Bardock 

7-5 canelo, really close fight...
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
icha
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 icha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond reputeicha has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,502,000,000,096,544.00
WAR Canelo - Booty Dew WarNelo - Dinamita 03 yo invito!! - KO MX Thanks for sharing...ESPN Deportes article - -jose- Lara fans got owned lol - Bardock 

For Canelo Alvarez:

Doug Fischer, ******.com.

Alvarez, 115-113.

Norm Frauenheim, THE RING magazine, www.15rounds.com

Alvarez, 116-114

Jeffrey Freeman, www.KODigest.TV

Alvarez, 115-113

Close fight but the right man won it. Lara was more on his bicycle than demonstrating quality ring generalship.

Tom Gray, ******.com

Alvarez, 116-113

Andreas Hale, KnockoutNation.com

Alvarez, 115-113

The fight was right there for Lara to take, but those offensive lapses torpedoed his chances with the judges.

Diego Morilla, XN Sports

Alvarez, 115-113

Kenny Porter, trainer of IBF welterweight titleholder Shawn Porter

Alvarez, 116-112

I was there and I was caught in the emotion of the event and the crowd. Not the best way to score a fight, but this is how I felt. 8-4 Canelo.

Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA 160-pound titleholder Gennady Golovkin

Alvarez, 115-113

I thought Lara gave the fight away. He could have out-boxed Canelo easily, but chose to use “that” Cuban style the American public dislikes. Also, Canelo did not appear to have much on his punches, slapped his body shots, but he still won a VERY close one.

Anson Wainwright, ******.com

Alvarez over Lara, 115-113.

For Erislandy Lara:

Corey Erdman, ******.com

Lara, 115-113

Steve Farhood, Showtime

Lara, 115-113

Lem Satterfield, ******.com

Lara, 115-113

Steve Stubbs, guest/fan, Germantown, Md.

Lara, 115-113

I gave 1,2,3,5,6,10 and 11 to Lara. 115-113, Lara

Bob Velin, USA Today

Lara, 115-113

Even/Draw:

Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com

114-114

Lara: 1, 2 (close), 3, 5 (close), 10, 11 (close); Canelo: 4, 6, 7 (close), 8, 9, 12

Lee Groves, ******.com

114-114

Keith Idec, The Record/BoxingScene.com

114-114

Ryan Maquinana, CSNBAYAREA/BoxingScene.com

114-114

John J. Raspanti, Doghouseboxing.com/KO Monthly Magazine/examiner.com

114-114

Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com

114-114

Michael Rosenthal, THE RING Magazine

114-114