Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,243,391.19
Default Over 20 million people watched Wlad-Haye in Ukraine alone

http://inter.ua/en/news/2011/07/04/4505

No exact number given but it's stated as an all time record for Ukraine TV, and the old record was 20 million here:

http://inter.ua/en/news/2009/08/06/3786

I thought this bit of the article was funny:
The rating of the last minutes of battle was about 20% - one-fifth of Ukrainian audience was sharing the joy of victory of Wladimir.

The ratings dropped from 80% to 20% before the fight ended.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,880,139.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
http://inter.ua/en/news/2011/07/04/4505

No exact number given but it's stated as an all time record for Ukraine TV, and the old record was 20 million here:

http://inter.ua/en/news/2009/08/06/3786

I thought this bit of the article was funny:
The rating of the last minutes of battle was about 20% - one-fifth of Ukrainian audience was sharing the joy of victory of Wladimir.

The ratings dropped from 80% to 20% before the fight ended.
Lol, so 3 out of 4 people fell asleep during this fight?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Gun Fights
Banned

Total Points: 7,854.30

that's cuz they have nothing else going on in that country...
Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of

^
Wlad vs Haye got higher ratings than some of the biggest events which have ever happened in the country. The fight created more interest than the Eurovision which was held there (hosted by Vitali no less), and the head of the Russian church visiting the country (well as far as I know or care he's the head). What boxer in the UK or the US can raise more interest than the Pope visiting the country?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,412,718,892,077,648.75
Total Points: 1,412,718,892,080,314.25
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

WOW. Haye's mouth really did do good in the end, even if he didn't back it up.

I can see why Vitali wants him in the ring, so hopefully they will have mutual respect and get a deal done and get in the ring
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
zcm
Contender

Rep Power: 6 zcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud of
Total Points: 102,044,472.11

it broke the record in germany also (16.2million). 500million people worldwide apparently watched it
Old 12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,412,718,892,077,648.75
Total Points: 1,412,718,892,080,314.25
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcm View Post
it broke the record in germany also (16.2million). 500million people worldwide apparently watched it
Have you got any links for any figures? Wouldn't mind seeing any reports
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

The 500 million total viewers have been debated by people but confirmed numbers from a small handfull of individual countries are turning out huge numbers
500 million worldwide:
http://boxingsociety.com/allboxing/b...-wba-belt.html
http://wnu-ukraine.com/news/sports/?id=454
http://www.boxingscene.com/david-hay...t-again--41086

Numbers from various countries:
An early tweet before Wlad-Indicated the fight was going to hit 1.3 million ppv buys in the UK, BARB later backed this up estimating 1.2 million buys (Sky don't release numbers). It did over 16 million in Germany. 3 million in Russia. 3 million in the US. est 25 million in the Ukraine. So only from those countries we have a reliable 55 million viewers. There's also a huge market for a Wlad fight around central and eastern europe which nobody has counted. Maybe it didn't scrape 500 million quite but the numbers are bound to be huge either way.

Last edited by croz; 12-07-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Pugilistic™
Underrated

Rep Power: 30 Pugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,614,968,198,316.11
Total Points: 30,614,969,206,010.41
You the man.  Thanks again for the video - Spiegelo Thanks for the GIF and its perfect too - slicksouthpaw16 Gifs :D - T-97 a toast. to the greatest idiot ever......flawless. - Left Hook Tua Have a cookie you helpful bastard - Spiegelo 
5K Post Award (from a white guy who people think is black to another white guy who people think is black) - DWiens421 5k. Congrats. - Silencers have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead I support underage drinkin homey - mangler 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Good/great posters deserve recognition! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Lol, so 3 out of 4 people fell asleep during this fight?

I was going to say i wonder how many of those millions fell asleep.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,096,671,940,873.21
Total Points: 2,342,672,138,483.10
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcm View Post
That shows people are still hungry for a big heavyweight fight.