Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 PM
vcvc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 vcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,268,926,712.29
Total Points: 7,279,430,646.44
No Message - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - kyshenko team here brother, no need to use bananas anymore - kyshenko team Respect - D.I.E.S.E.L For the youth club - BostonGuy 
youth club - BostonGuy a true n bomb - dj Benze :) - Bossy and another - Bossy No Message - Bossy 
No Message - Bossy faggot - project xxx1 sit on this - project xxx1 use this on emz - project xxx1 wipe your tears away bitch - project xxx1 
stick in your ass - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team 
Exclamation Garcias Dad "Khan is a basic Euro fighter with no chin, he is getting knocked out!"

******.com caught up to Angel Garcia, the 49-year-old father and trainer of Danny Garcia, who will defend his WBC junior welterweight belt opposite former IBF and WBA beltholder Amir Khan at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas on July 14 on HBO.

In a clash that is being promoted by Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer and President Oscar De La Hoya, the pairing of Danny Garcia (23-0, 14 knockouts) and Khan (26-2, 18 KOs) was made after Khan's intended opponent, Lamont Peterson,, tested positive for a banned substance.

Peterson dethroned Khan as IBF and WBA beltholder via split-decision in December, but his positive test forced the cancelation of their rematch that was slated for May 19.

Angel Garcia dismisses the notion that his 24-year-old son is not ready for the more experienced Khan, a 25-year-old who is coached by five-time Trainer of the Year, Freddie Roach.

Angel Garcia is eager to match his son against Khan, whom he calls "over-rated," and his wits against Roach, who also works with WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao, and WBC middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez.

In his last fight in March, Danny Garcia dropped four-division titlewinner Erik Morales in the 11th round on the way to taking his belt by unanimous decision.

It was the third straight triumph over a current or former world titleholder for Garcia, following consecutive decisions over ex-beltholders Nate Campbell and Kendall Holt in April and October, respectively.

A father of four, including a 26-year-old son and 11-year-old twin girls, Angel Garcia espoused Danny Garcia's resiliency, talent and progress as well as why their relationship works in this Q&A below.

morales vs garcia_2

******.com: What are your general thoughts on Danny's opportunity against Khan?

Angel Garcia: I'm happy for Danny that he's getting this type of a shot, you know? He has been waiting for a shot like this for a long time, and he deserves it. With Khan, to me, he's an average fighter. He's just over-rated.That's the way that I look at him.

Danny's got a great opportunity because Khan has no chin. He's got a glass chin. When he got knocked out in Europe, he blamed it on his religion. But I think that any God is a good God, not a punishing God. So I don't know what sort of religion he believes in. You got knocked out, you just got knocked out. It's plain and simple.

I mean, to me, Peterson, you know, I thought he really beat Khan. But he blamed it on the judges. 'So what are you going to blame it on when Danny beats you? He's a basic European fighter and he's got no chin. Danny has got a great opportunity to beat him.

He can run but he can't hide. I think that he's going to run all night. I don't see nothing that Roach has done with him. Nothing that has changed. He slaps with his punches. Basically, he's an over-rated fighter to me. There are a lot of fighters out there who are over-rated."

******.com: What are your thoughts regarding those who might say that Danny is not ready for his fourth straight former or current champion in a row in Khan?

AG: The thing is, half of the people who say that don't know anything about boxing. The thing is if you're putting a young guy like Danny against an older horse, you're seeing a helluva fighter in Danny.

When you put him with competition that really means something, and he's got the opportunity to prove that he's a real fighter, people start thinking that he doesn't have a chance?

Well, Khan is nobody. As I have said, he's an over-rated fighter. To me, the most dangerous fighter was the kid from Newark, N.J., Kendall Holt. That was a very dangerous fighter. Kendall Holt was a helluva puncher.

morales vs garcia_4

******.com: Have you seen anything in Danny that has surprised you over the course of his more recent performances in his fights that has surprised you?

AG: That's the thing. Danny was meant to be a fighter. People are blind to his abilities. Danny's a natural fighter. He's a gifted fighter. You've got fighters who become fighters and then you have fighters who are gifted.

Danny's gifted. Danny's been given that gift. Danny don't know how to do nothing else but fight. He don't even know how to fold his old clothes. I'm telling you. Danny don't know how to do nothing but fight.

That's what he does. That's what God gave him. People are blind to him. They go by his youth. They say that he's young. They under-estimate him. They're not trying to give him the props that he deserves.

A lot of people under-estimate Danny, so they're in for a shock. Danny's like Floyd Mayweeather -- he's going to always be the kind of fighter that people hate. When he wins, though, they will love him.

******.com: Why do you say that they will hate Danny?

AG: Because he's the kind of fighter that is under-estimated and they think that he's a nobody and they say that he just got lucky. But he didn't just get lucky. He's meant to be where he is. How can he be young when he's 24 years old.

That's his prime. That's when you begin to become a man. You know, the younger, the better. Every day that goes by, you're getting older. Why not do it when you're young? Why do things when you're 39?

morales vs garcia_5

******.com: How is your father-son relationship different than those between trainer and son in boxing that have soured or failed and why does your relationship work?

AG: The thing about me and Danny is that I love Danny and he loves me. That's the most important thing in a relationship between a father and his son. It's love.

You've got to truly love them. There's no money issues. I don't look for his money. I don't want Danny's money. Whatever he gives me, I'm happy with it.

And if he don't give it to me, then it doesn't matter. I just want him to be happy. I want him to be happy and I want his children to be happy if he has children in the future.

******.com: Do you have a prediction?

AG: All of a sudden, here comes Danny out of the dark shadows. That's God working in mysterious ways. That's why I feel that Danny has a great chance. This is meant to be.

This is not something that was set up. It just came out of the blue. It's something that we don't understand. When something like this happens all of a sudden.

It's beyond us, so that's why I believe that it's meant to be. So if Danny takes advantage of this opportunity and does his thing on July 14, then Amir Khan will be looking up at the lights upside down.

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/173043-danny-garcia-
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-28-2012, 01:59 PM
vcvc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 vcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - kyshenko team here brother, no need to use bananas anymore - kyshenko team Respect - D.I.E.S.E.L For the youth club - BostonGuy 
youth club - BostonGuy a true n bomb - dj Benze :) - Bossy and another - Bossy No Message - Bossy 
No Message - Bossy faggot - project xxx1 sit on this - project xxx1 use this on emz - project xxx1 wipe your tears away bitch - project xxx1 

Damn, his Dad/trainer went in hard, sounds like he has 0 respect for khan as a fighter.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,948,010.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Is Khan a basic Euro fighter? YES

Does Khan have a suspect chin? YES

Will Garcia knock him out? Not likely...
Old 05-28-2012, 02:06 PM
ANDROIDISM
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond reputeANDROIDISM has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.22
Total Points: 9,790,973,225.13
No Message - arraamis 

a 60 year old Morales gave Garcia trouble. Khan is going to kill this dude.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 66 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,271,117,583,073,254,912.00
Total Points: 4,277,971,983,073,261,568.00
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 
you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon 
solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth 
No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden thanks for the help - KO MX lol - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 

I agree with most of what he said, seems a really cool guy but Khan is going to beat the hell out of this kid.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,948,010.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
a 60 year old Morales gave Garcia trouble. Khan is going to kill this dude.

dude....Morales is 70....get it right.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM
vcvc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
Is Khan a basic Euro fighter? YES:

Does Khan have a suspect chin? YES:

Will Garcia knock him out? Not likely...
basic euro fighters dont have p4p some of the fastest hands in the sport and unifiy a division win olympic medal. His chin is average, nothing great but not that crap. Kotelnik is an average euro fighter and look what he did to alexander "the not so great"
Old 05-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Mr. Philadel
#215Boxing

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 66 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 748,286,272,892.96
Total Points: 790,186,970,142.76
For being a good sport. - F-R-K-O Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner 
No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 
Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery 
Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas Congrats on the baby girl :fing02: - -jose- Good look - Shambrolic 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Garcia....he's a cool ass old head!!...I got this fight being a draw...114-114
Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 68 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,677,153,131.56
Total Points: 50,186,015,170,003.09
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Khan may be a basic Euro fighter but he also has a legit claim to being the fastest fighter in the sport and one of the fastest of all time. Garcia will find that out soon enough.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Money_May
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 57 Money_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,481,268,826,697,082.00
Total Points: 12,483,423,083,448,332.00
:love: - Bossy :love: Cause you're super, man :P - Bossy Finishing the row off :D - Bossy :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Guy with a GIGANTIC Heart. - afiln the power of truth! - Panginoon My mateeeeeeeee :kiss: - Bossy 10000 post...drink up! - jose830 10000 posts! Congrats.. - ABOSWORTH 
Congrats! - Terrel Happy 10k babes and I know what tomo is :P - Bossy Cheers bro! - dan_cov The real Money May! - dan_cov May-kin' it rain - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks :beerchug: - jose830 A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 a man who knows his football - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas 

Danny Garcia is like Floyd Mayweather

Danny Garcia has god given talent