Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
kimmiblob
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 854
Rep Power: 9 kimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,076,653.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,076,653.62
Green! - dancovboxer good poster - chiguy91 
Default Cant Compare 1st fight to Second Fight Cotto vs Marg

I dont know why people think they can compare the first fight to the second one.

First Fight.


147lbs
8oz cleto reyes glove
Both were prime


Second Fight
153lbs
10oz everlast
Both Fighters were shot, One with a bad Eye


Just those alone you cant compare the fights, But if you did lto me it ooked like only thing saving cotto was clinching at the end round 10 looked excatly like round 10 of their last fight. Margarito was putting it on Cotto and he revert back to the same old style which was head straight back into the rope but this time he wasnt to prideful to clinch.


Wish we saw a complete fight, To me looks like tony was turning the fight his way and cotto had that same look in his eyes.


what you guys think
Reply With Quote
kimmiblob is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
rollinmerc
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 0 rollinmerc is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,835.01
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,835.01
Default

agreed it shuldve went the distance
Reply With Quote
rollinmerc is offline
#3
Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37,135
Rep Power: 227 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 450,056,837.80
Bank: 1,666,528,570,912,234,012,672.00
Total Points: 1,666,528,570,912,684,113,920.00
Funny - Scott Weiland cheers birthday boy - -MAKAVELLI- Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley Happy birthday - DonMega 
Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ 
Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass A* poster - Scott-Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 
Default

either way..cotto boxed great,and tony was a warrior till the end
Reply With Quote
LarryXXX is offline
#4
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
The Dreamer
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 31
Posts: 1,107
Rep Power: 10 The Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,002,918,629.03
Bank: 6,016,610.09
Total Points: 100,008,935,239.12
Default

I agree. Can't compare. It was an ok win for Cotto. He got his revenge and him and his fans will probably sleep better at night, but realistically it was just a notch above Rafa Marquez beating Vazquez in their 4th fight.
Reply With Quote
The Dreamer is offline
#5
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
DPG
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 213
Posts: 113
Rep Power: 0 DPG is infamous around these partsDPG is infamous around these partsDPG is infamous around these partsDPG is infamous around these parts
Points: 12,385.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,385.78
Default

Cotto was landing too many good straight lefts and would have continued to do so.

As long as Cotto kept boxing backwards, making Tony come forward at him, he would keep eating Cotto's lefts.
Reply With Quote
DPG is offline
#6
Old 12-04-2011, 10:59 PM
mushahadeen
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,036
Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 4,806,340.64
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,806,340.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 
Default

cotto was able to recompense the victory because of the defence wonderful in this match. war cotto!
Reply With Quote
mushahadeen is offline
#7
Old 12-04-2011, 11:09 PM
BennyST
Shhhh...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,037
Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,030,233,117,729.31
Bank: 6,107,958,867,364.78
Total Points: 56,138,191,985,094.09
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Default

Yeah, not slightly comparable. I went and rewatched the first fight. The first two rounds alone set up so vastly different. The pace of the fight alone was so much faster. Margarito still had snap on his punches and he wasn't nearly as slow as yesterday.

The biggest thing however, and most forget this (which is why they think Cotto's face suddenly busted up at the end of the fight), is that Margarito was landing a lot very early on, hurting Cotto and busted up his face in the second round. In fact, the second round was pretty brutal and Cotto took a bad pasting to the body and head.

Supposedly plastered gloves don't take effect until late when they are wet and have hardened and the gloves' padding has been worn and yet his face was being ****ed up at the very start of the fight, not because Margarito had funny gloves, but because Cotto's face does bust up easily and Margarito was landing major league flush uppercuts, right hands and hooks really early and landing them a lot. He also had much more head movement and was defensively better than yesterday.

You only need to watch the first two rounds to see how different they were. Cotto was back-pedalling a lot and getting caught on the ropes, unlike yesterday when he moved less, turned Margarito, clinched when needed and kept the centre beautifully.

People say the start of this fight was the same as their last one. No. It wasn't. At all. It was so different it's not even worthy of basic comparison. Cotto had learned and implemented solid tactics and Margarito looked flat out shot compared to their last go. Margarito was landing so, so much more than yesterdays fight and that's why he could do damage, not because of dodgy gloves.

Just watch the second round here. This is the second round starting about .30 in. It starts at about 1.45 of the round when Margarito lands a big body shot that doubles Cotto over. At about 1.35 Marg lands a massive right that staggers Cotto and it goes on. Cotto also lands some big shots, just like yesterday, but Margarito took them differently. Instead of stopping and smiling he just kept throwing and getting closer. They both landed an equal amount of punches (most remember Cotto easily landing more every round which wasn't the case at all) but Margarito's in that round were hard body shots and flush uppercuts.


I do find it funny how Lampley sounds utterly besotted with Cotto at times. He gets angry at Steward and Kellerman for questioning if Cotto can sustain the pace for the full 12 against Margarito who gets stronger. Funny stuff. Sounds like a dick.

As for Margarito finishing the fight and having more of a chance to win. Nah, I don't agree. Cotto had more left, he wasn't nearly as tired and was still stronger, in my opinion, than Margarito was. In the first fight Margarito was hurting Cotto and putting rounds and damage in the bank very early in the fight and landing throughout the whole fight and it still took to the end of round 11. He hardly landed anything in this fight of any significance and Cotto was hurting him much more. Margarito is shot to **** and needs to finish. His eye is ****ed bad. Cotto looked good yesterday in comparison and might have even stopped Margarito late.

Last edited by BennyST; 12-04-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
BennyST is offline
#8
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
winky's right
TEAM DISCIPLINE
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Age: 22
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 8 winky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond reputewinky's right has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 45,000,000,019,550.62
Bank: 1,088,900,667,671,170.50
Total Points: 1,133,900,667,690,721.00
A good poster - jas War bhop! - jas pizza, the best western food - betmen 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiblob View Post
I dont know why people think they can compare the first fight to the second one.

First Fight.


147lbs
8oz cleto reyes glove
Both were prime


Second Fight
153lbs
10oz everlast
Both Fighters were shot, One with a bad Eye


Just those alone you cant compare the fights, But if you did lto me it ooked like only thing saving cotto was clinching at the end round 10 looked excatly like round 10 of their last fight. Margarito was putting it on Cotto and he revert back to the same old style which was head straight back into the rope but this time he wasnt to prideful to clinch.


Wish we saw a complete fight, To me looks like tony was turning the fight his way and cotto had that same look in his eyes.


what you guys think
You forgot the mention the most crucial difference: Margaritto was hammering Cotto with bricks in the first fight.
Reply With Quote
winky's right is offline
#9
Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
TU PADRE
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 156
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 0 TU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these parts
Points: 10,448.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,448.65
Default

I agree with everything but cotto stoping margarito.also cotto did run more and clinched..i mean wouldnt u want to prove everyone that margarito cant hurt uou and make you take a knee?? I would have..he should have traded instead. Which makes me believe margarito never cheated
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Yeah, not slightly comparable. I went and rewatched the first fight. The first two rounds alone set up so vastly different. The pace of the fight alone was so much faster. Margarito still had snap on his punches and he wasn't nearly as slow as yesterday.

The biggest thing however, and most forget this (which is why they think Cotto's face suddenly busted up at the end of the fight), is that Margarito was landing a lot very early on, hurting Cotto and busted up his face in the second round. In fact, the second round was pretty brutal and Cotto took a bad pasting to the body and head.

Supposedly plastered gloves don't take effect until late when they are wet and have hardened and the gloves' padding has been worn and yet his face was being ****ed up at the very start of the fight, not because Margarito had funny gloves, but because Cotto's face does bust up easily and Margarito was landing major league flush uppercuts, right hands and hooks really early and landing them a lot. He also had much more head movement and was defensively better than yesterday.

You only need to watch the first two rounds to see how different they were. Cotto was back-pedalling a lot and getting caught on the ropes, unlike yesterday when he moved less, turned Margarito, clinched when needed and kept the centre beautifully.

People say the start of this fight was the same as their last one. No. It wasn't. At all. It was so different it's not even worthy of basic comparison. Cotto had learned and implemented solid tactics and Margarito looked flat out shot compared to their last go. Margarito was landing so, so much more than yesterdays fight and that's why he could do damage, not because of dodgy gloves.

Just watch the second round here. This is the second round starting about .30 in. It starts at about 1.45 of the round when Margarito lands a big body shot that doubles Cotto over. At about 1.35 Marg lands a massive right that staggers Cotto and it goes on. Cotto also lands some big shots, just like yesterday, but Margarito took them differently. Instead of stopping and smiling he just kept throwing and getting closer. They both landed an equal amount of punches (most remember Cotto easily landing more every round which wasn't the case at all) but Margarito's in that round were hard body shots and flush uppercuts.


I do find it funny how Lampley sounds utterly besotted with Cotto at times. He gets angry at Steward and Kellerman for questioning if Cotto can sustain the pace for the full 12 against Margarito who gets stronger. Funny stuff. Sounds like a dick.

As for Margarito finishing the fight and having more of a chance to win. Nah, I don't agree. Cotto had more left, he wasn't nearly as tired and was still stronger, in my opinion, than Margarito was. In the first fight Margarito was hurting Cotto and putting rounds and damage in the bank very early in the fight and landing throughout the whole fight and it still took to the end of round 11. He hardly landed anything in this fight of any significance and Cotto was hurting him much more. Margarito is shot to **** and needs to finish. His eye is ****ed bad. Cotto looked good yesterday in comparison and might have even stopped Margarito late.
Reply With Quote
TU PADRE is offline
#10
Old 12-05-2011, 12:01 AM
TU PADRE
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 156
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 0 TU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these partsTU PADRE is infamous around these parts
Points: 10,448.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,448.65
Default

HAHA GTFO! Yea ur boy looked really nice running and clinching the whole time. Seriously what a real manly way to prove you can take someones punch
Quote:
Originally Posted by winky's right View Post
You forgot the mention the most crucial difference: Margaritto was hammering Cotto with bricks in the first fight.
Reply With Quote
TU PADRE is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
compare, cotto, fight, marg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.