Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
dc6112
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 dc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,001,558,575.61
ny in the house.  cheers bro. - Melly-Mel 
Default Cotto threw and landed a healthy amount of power punches in the 9th, so calm down

This idea that Cotto was gassing out and Margarito was "wearing him down" is rediculous. He threw more 14 more power punches in the 9th than he did in the 8th(31 in rd 8, 45 in rd 9) and landed 23. You can't say he was "gassing out" and Tony was wearing him down. If anything Cotto started to push Tony back a little bit that round and one could argue Margarito was starting to look out of his element as they approached the championship rounds. Now nothing is certain in boxing, but Cotto looked a helluva lot closer to a victory in this round 9 than Margs did, so please stop claiming to be psychics who knew a Marg KO was just around the corner. You're making yourselves look pretty rediculous.

The guy's eye was completely shut, and the doctor needed to protect him from his own stupidity. If he's able to still see 20 years from now it's probably due to the fact that a good doctor knew that his eye didn't need to take any more abuse than it already had.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Battle*Hardened
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Battle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these parts
Bank: 296,955,337.90
Total Points: 318,004,001.57

I don't use compubox, because it's a joke.

But...... Cotto was definitely landing good hard shots in the 9th. I thought it was one of his better rds. Probably since Marg couldn't see anything.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM
BOOMbip
DANGERbip

Rep Power: 10 BOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond reputeBOOMbip has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,763.10
Total Points: 85,164.84
On Me Boom! - Izrock Great poster and forum member! - jazluvr449 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - street bully 

quality post....51% of his power shots landed in the 9th round ...thats not slowing down if anything he was sitting down in front of Margo and really putting more into his shots then he had all night....Margo was getting wrecked with clean left hands....
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Hayehammer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Hayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,584.05

Well we wont know so it deosnt make sense to argue but let me just say!
Cotto responds to margarito! If margarito puts on more pressure after round and round cotto would naturally try to hold him off by throwing more punches!
I cant help it but to think taht round 9 might have been a turning point in the fight! After margarito came back to his corner he motions to garcia with his hand like cotto is done, taht he doesnt want no more! So he got some nice energy boost! These last 3 rounds would have been the toughest i think its fair to say! but lets not argue cause we will never ever know!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,725,877.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc6112 View Post
This idea that Cotto was gassing out and Margarito was "wearing him down" is rediculous. He threw more 14 more power punches in the 9th than he did in the 8th(31 in rd 8, 45 in rd 9) and landed 23. You can't say he was "gassing out" and Tony was wearing him down. If anything Cotto started to push Tony back a little bit that round and one could argue Margarito was starting to look out of his element as they approached the championship rounds. Now nothing is certain in boxing, but Cotto looked a helluva lot closer to a victory in this round 9 than Margs did, so please stop claiming to be psychics who knew a Marg KO was just around the corner. You're making yourselves look pretty rediculous.

The guy's eye was completely shut, and the doctor needed to protect him from his own stupidity. If he's able to still see 20 years from now it's probably due to the fact that a good doctor knew that his eye didn't need to take any more abuse than it already had.

I completely agree; this is what I said earlier.

If anything, Cotto was showing signs of gassing around the 6th, 7th round. From there, I thought Cotto got his 2nd wind and looked like a fresh fighter for the rest of the fight.

Marg had his spots where he landed some punches, but I thought that's as far as it went. Margarito's right eye was completely closed and Cotto was landing his jab and left hook at will; he was pushing Marg back, trapping him against the ropes, and landing solid punches.

Yes, Marg was still coming forward as he was the entire fight. That still didn't mean he was walking Cotto down or Cotto was tiring. I thought Cotto could've done what he did for maybe 14 rounds. I feel the only time Cotto clinched was to stop Marg's momentum from punches, not because he was fatigued.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
dc6112
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 dc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,558,575.61
ny in the house.  cheers bro. - Melly-Mel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayehammer View Post
Well we wont know so it deosnt make sense to argue but let me just say!
Cotto responds to margarito! If margarito puts on more pressure after round and round cotto would naturally try to hold him off by throwing more punches!
I cant help it but to think taht round 9 might have been a turning point in the fight! After margarito came back to his corner he motions to garcia with his hand like cotto is done, taht he doesnt want no more! So he got some nice energy boost! These last 3 rounds would have been the toughest i think its fair to say! but lets not argue cause we will never ever know!
I'm sorry but you're making a huge assumption in saying that margarito's hand gesture meant that cotto was done in his opinion, and also who cares what margarito "thought". The fight itself tells the real story, and cotto looked to be just as alert and active in the 9th round as he had been in the few previous rounds.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Dirk Diggler UK
Alpha Male

Rep Power: 100 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,484,726,775,715.31
Total Points: 7,505,975,684,019.26
Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 
Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland 
For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein For exposing bias ignorant racists like BD - hectari Good broner thread - jas Kick this retard. - -Weltschmerz- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas 

Tony had him on the ropes at the end of the round and nailed him with a long right and an uppercut. Cotto was hanging on.

Then they stop the fight.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Hayehammer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Hayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond reputeHayehammer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,584.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc6112 View Post
I'm sorry but you're making a huge assumption in saying that margarito's hand gesture meant that cotto was done in his opinion, and also who cares what margarito "thought". The fight itself tells the real story, and cotto looked to be just as alert and active in the 9th round as he had been in the few previous rounds.
Notice how heavy cotto was breathing before the 10 round?
I thought margarito had him in a good place! i dont know how he did it but cottos was feeling the pace more than margarito
Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
House of Stone
BigDaddy

Rep Power: 15 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,587,713,610.56
Total Points: 259,637,806,234.25
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas knows his boxing - jas 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

At the end of round 9 Cotto was able to continue and marg wasn't end of - if you disagree just ask the doctor.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 68 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,770,696,194.19
Total Points: 50,187,108,714,008.78
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

I'm starting to wish they allowed it to go on for another round, just so we wouldn't have to read this stuff.

Cotto won the 9th clearly and looked the sharper fighter, Margarito was starting to stumble physically and did not look anything like he was about to re-enact 2008, it was getting cruel, the doctor made the right call.