Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 PM
salitap4p#1
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 568
Rep Power: 6 salitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond reputesalitap4p#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,000,054,299.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,054,299.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Money View Post
Sure technique and timing beats speed, but even with all of marqeuz's technique and timing + experience with pac, he was still getting hit with monstrous shots- all you need to do is look at his face(i can't find a post fight picture but he was looking pretty bad- sombody posted some here before). Now we know Marquez's heart is unquestionable, but what happens when Floyd gets hit like that? Can he stay with it it for 12 rounds like marquez?

Marquez only did this well the 3rd time because he's so used to Pacquiao by now, He's had 24 rounds of experience coming in, but Mayweather has never fought Pacquiao.

And we all saw what happened to Marquez BEFORE he fought Pacquiao. Would Floyd be able to get up 3 times and win the fight like Marquez did? Maybe he can, but i've never seen him in a war, and I've never seen him been taken to the edge. So I don't know for sure that he can.

The only thing I know for sure is that Mayweather and Marquez are two entirely different fighters.
Floyd has a huge wingspan and I'm sure Sr will hammer it into him to use his lightning jab properly instead of just leading with the right. They're two huge advantages which JMM understandably didn't have.

They're different fighters, but in a much more preferable way for Floyd.
Reply With Quote
salitap4p#1 is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Oxn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,177
Rep Power: 10 Oxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,147,073.97
Bank: 64,891,761,628,722.35
Total Points: 64,892,761,775,796.33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKillz View Post
so youre reassuring what I just said then, i cannt lose credibility with any statements i make about floyd, cause they are always right thus far. 85/15? I'll give that to you, I was thinkin more 90/10, but Im not ignorant i can compromise
To go even further, ill say Floyd has a 35% chance of knocking Manny out, and a 65% chance of knocking him down.

However considering his knockouts have been so suspect since the Hatton fight, itll probably be by Elbow or something.
Reply With Quote
Oxn is offline
#23
Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
slickhook
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 48
Posts: 312
Rep Power: 14 slickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond reputeslickhook has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,022,458.05
Bank: 163,991.51
Total Points: 10,186,449.55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
To go even further, ill say Floyd has a 35% chance of knocking Manny out, and a 65% chance of knocking him down.

However considering his knockouts have been so suspect since the Hatton fight, itll probably be by Elbow or something.

Or his uncle Roger will be involved just like Jersey Shore
Reply With Quote
slickhook is offline
#24
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,953
Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,220,116,133,254.61
Bank: 1,985,951,601,829,583.25
Total Points: 2,015,171,717,962,837.75
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 
Default

You can't count him out.

Pacquaio will be the best fighter Mayweather will ever have faced, and brings more to the table than anyone Mayweather has faced. So, you can't count him out.

That being said I'd be veyr suprised if Pacquaio were to beat Mayweather.
Reply With Quote
IronDanHamza is offline
#25
Old 12-01-2011, 01:01 PM
SincereDaGreat
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Around The Corner And Down The Street
Posts: 416
Rep Power: 0 SincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these parts
Points: 10,677.85
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,677.85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DempseyRollin View Post
i didnt at all count him out before, but i definitely do now. theres really no good argument that could be made in his favor him as to how he deals with a fighter like floyd. its just a piss poor matchup for him and he has not improved enough for me to believe otherwise.
True story...it's a fight, even tho my confidence has never waivered in Floyd vs Pac, anything can happen...with that said, there is not a fighter on Pacs resume that has what Floyd has...thats why its easy for me to see a dominate performance by Floyd!! Agree with everything you just said!!
Reply With Quote
SincereDaGreat is offline
#26
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
BartBears
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 866
Rep Power: 4 BartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 97,785,055.19
Bank: 1,248,597,282,838.87
Total Points: 1,248,695,067,894.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickhook View Post
It will be a draw or No decision or a DQ. Anything for a rematch. Look at the History and how Walcott admitted to such tactics. Are you all not seeing this and being puppets!
agree! why make one big fight when you can make 2 or 3?
Reply With Quote
BartBears is offline
#27
Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Chopper417
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 716
Rep Power: 5 Chopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,031,441.74
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,031,441.74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
You can't count him out.

Pacquaio will be the best fighter Mayweather will ever have faced, and brings more to the table than anyone Mayweather has faced. So, you can't count him out.

That being said I'd be veyr suprised if Pacquaio were to beat Mayweather.

Very well put sir, my thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote
Chopper417 is offline
#28
Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
[SyrianUser]
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 0 [SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts[SyrianUser] is infamous around these parts
Points: 830.73
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 830.73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBears View Post
agree! why make one big fight when you can make 2 or 3?

I think that Mayweather doesnt want to waste his time with a one dimensional fighter like Pacquiao
Reply With Quote
[SyrianUser] is offline
#29
Old 12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
jtiger777
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,580
Rep Power: 0 jtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,898,145.99
Bank: 144,093,075.92
Total Points: 175,991,221.91
Thanks mate here have a beer! - Tamis_Siensya Happy Holidays J! - Lorily Big up Nigel Benn - zab191 
Default

naw u cant count the pac man out because of his power, but i just dont see him winning any other way than a KO, ive heard the theory of floyd not throwing enough combos to win a decision.... trust me folks floyd will have the perfect gameplan to win this fight!
Reply With Quote
jtiger777 is offline
#30
Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
tennishero
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 162
Rep Power: 0 tennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these partstennishero is infamous around these parts
Points: 5,001,951.16
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,001,951.16
Undoubtedly one of the most brilliant posters that i've had the pleasure to come across...top 5 p4p ATG in boxingscene history - -Deal With It- 
Default

only man in history who could stand with emmanuel pacquiao

ray robinson

and even ray would get his head smacked around

mayweather better pray manny is shot

sad pathetic ray leonard style waiting 5 years for the guy to slow down

ray leonard you are a pathetic retard with no class- who doesnt deserve to lick hagglers shoes
Reply With Quote
tennishero is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
count, fight, marquez, mayweather, pacquiao, wouldn't

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.