Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 AM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,919,105,040.23
Total Points: 31,125,658,695.55
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Looks Forward To Output-Free Future

By Jake Donovan - Mock celebrations surfaced in various forms – articles, social networks and general water cooler talk - amidst the reports of last Saturday’s split-site doubleheader on HBO serving as the last of an output deal between the network and Golden Boy Promotions.

Two young stars of the Golden Boy stable were featured in separate alphabet title fights some 2000 miles apart.

The show led off with 22-year old Adrien Broner becoming the second Golden Boy fighter to be brought along from pro debut to championship status with his third round knockout of Vicente Rodriguez in their vacant 130 lb. title fight.

Later in the evening and roughly 700 miles south of the U.S. border, 21-year old Saul Alvarez made the third successful defense of his 154 lb. belt with a fifth round stoppage of former welterweight titlist Kermit Cintron in Mexico City.

More so than the results of their fighters, the brass at Golden Boy was pleased with the fact that youth is finally being served that has struggled to get younger. Stars have been slow to emerge while pound-for-pound rankings have been dominated by fighters north of 30 for quite a while.

While Saturday suggested the end of one specific deal, Golden Boy sees it as the continuation of a promising future.

“It’s a funny thing. I read the comments somewhere that if Broner and (unbeaten featherweight prospect) Gary Russell were with (other promoters), would they have that same opportunity? I take that as a compliment,” states Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. “If you are a young fighter and we have the opportunity to build you, why would you want to be with anyone else?” [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 AM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,074,971,813,684.38
Total Points: 158,275,521,180,692.16
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Broner
Russel Jnr
Khan
Canello

The future looks bright for GBP
Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 AM
TheGoldenChamp
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 TheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond reputeTheGoldenChamp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,992.38

Golden Boy is the future promotional company of boxing. When they get all the fighters, they will give all fans great matches. They're already starting to give us good fights. They will not milk their fighters like Arum is doing to some of his.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,074,971,813,684.38
Total Points: 158,275,521,180,692.16
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenChamp View Post
Golden Boy is the future promotional company of boxing. When they get all the fighters, they will give all fans great matches. They're already starting to give us good fights. They will not milk their fighters like Arum is doing to some of his.
1 thing I like a lot about Golden Boy is they match their guys pretty hard the majority of the time. I know that it can't always be the case, but a lot of the time they do.

Bob Arum on the other hand whilst he can put on some great cards and has some quality fighters, he likes to build and pad out the good fights with a load of duff in house fights where the outcome is so obvious at times its not even worth watching.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
javysouthpaw
Contender

Rep Power: 5 javysouthpaw will become famous soon enoughjavysouthpaw will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 19,376.88

Does this mean no more HBO deals for specific fighters like the one with Devon Alexander ? I hope that HBO puts on more competitive fights in the future instead of tying to make certain fighters look good all the time.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
spoonwars
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 spoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,853,149,055.34
Total Points: 5,853,152,064.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav View Post
1 thing I like a lot about Golden Boy is they match their guys pretty hard the majority of the time. I know that it can't always be the case, but a lot of the time they do.

Bob Arum on the other hand whilst he can put on some great cards and has some quality fighters, he likes to build and pad out the good fights with a load of duff in house fights where the outcome is so obvious at times its not even worth watching.
...Like how you watched Cotto-Margarito I with Top Rank? And then you'll do it the second time around, right? All promoters will aim to make the best fights within their own stable, including Golden Girl. However, it the money isn't there, they won't do it unless there's no better option (Hopkins).

Last edited by spoonwars; 11-29-2011 at 02:00 PM.