Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Hyper Knuckles
Knights of the Round

Rep Power: 7 Hyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 742,621,608,986.08
Total Points: 982,979,132,129.86
A Toast to a great Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Here you go man! - codey Good post bro. keep up the good work. - codey A toast for the return of the King, congrats. - Dinamita 03 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Hyper Knuckles 
Default Shadowboxing

Idk if I'm doing it right so any constructive criticism my way is appreciated. I work the heavy bag frequently and done padwork a couple times in the gym but I'm not sure how shadowboxing really helps me out beyond that. I'm also orthodox but trying to learn how to be a switch hitter before I become reliant on my left. This is all prep for a little fight I have against my coworker on Friday Night. I'll be sure to record that and post it up as well.

View My Video
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-30-2011, 08:22 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,070,779.65

im not experienced like anyone else but all i can say is, keep your guard up mate. you dropped your left hand and was swinging it which makes you open for a counter attack. and turn that hip more during the crosses and hooks! but i gotta say a job well done! keep working hard buddy good luck to you and god bless
Old 11-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Hyper Knuckles
Knights of the Round

Rep Power: 7 Hyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond repute
A Toast to a great Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Here you go man! - codey Good post bro. keep up the good work. - codey A toast for the return of the King, congrats. - Dinamita 03 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Hyper Knuckles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymayforever View Post
im not experienced like anyone else but all i can say is, keep your guard up mate. you dropped your left hand and was swinging it which makes you open for a counter attack. and turn that hip more during the crosses and hooks! but i gotta say a job well done! keep working hard buddy good luck to you and god bless
Thanks alot pal! Your input is very helpful I think I'm accustomed to working the bag so much that I forget my target is technically going to be attacking me and looking for me to drop my guard the entire time so there are certainly things I need to correct there.
As for the hooks/straights, thnx again I still don't know how to throw them well but understanding form and positioning is crucial to me. I'll definitely rotate the hips more from now on.

Last edited by Hyper Knuckles; 11-30-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 AM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,048,831,900.38
Total Points: 107,280,019,908.40
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 

terrible, man, really just terrible
you gotta go to the a club

P.S what was iwth the stance changing? and when you attempted that god awful head movement you stood on one leg was you leaned to your right? you also completely squared up
sorry not trying to be a dick
Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Hyper Knuckles
Knights of the Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh! View Post
terrible, man, really just terrible
you gotta go to the a club

P.S what was iwth the stance changing? and when you attempted that god awful head movement you stood on one leg was you leaned to your right? you also completely squared up
sorry not trying to be a dick
nah, ur fine. The stance thing is kind of dumb, I guess I just do it out of habit to gain familiarity with both hands since I'm still new to things & not really used to fighting orthodox. I figure maybe switching it up will help develop power in my 2 fists while I'm still getting the hang of things. The head movement I've really been trying to work on. A fitness coach lectured me on the importance of using good balance and avoiding punches so I've been working to move my head a little more.