Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-26-2011, 07:30 AM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,800,307,830.78
Total Points: 48,006,987,792.71
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Siaca: Miguel Cotto Must Dominate Early To Win

Puerto Rican trainer Manuel Siaca Sr. has advised WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto to attack, and hurt, Antonio Margarito in the early rounds of their December 3rd rematch - taking place at New York's Madison Square Garden.

The longer the fight plays out and Cotto waits, the tougher it's going to be for the champion from Puerto Rico, says Siaca. The respected trainer views an early assault as the key ingredient to beating Margarito.

"I'll tell you the truth, if Cotto does not press the fight and dominate in the early rounds, he is going to have problems. Margarito is strong down the stretch. After the sixth, Margarito is very hard to beat. He has to be neutralized first," Siaca told Jose Sanchez. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-26-2011, 07:39 AM
flint
Pac smashed my mom

Rep Power: 0 flint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,005,112,320.18

i kind of agree with this. the fake champion pacquiao peppered cheato all night long because he was slow and only knows how to fight coming forward. but cotto hits harder than pac and a clean shot or some stiff jabs on the eye will change a man.justice is served better from the victim. war cotto.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:25 AM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,216,959.60
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint View Post
i kind of agree with this. the fake champion pacquiao peppered cheato all night long because he was slow and only knows how to fight coming forward. but cotto hits harder than pac and a clean shot or some stiff jabs on the eye will change a man.justice is served better from the victim. war cotto.
That “peppered” attack resulted with Margarito taking the beating of his life with an unnecessary outcome (sacrificing his eye).

Like I said in a previous thread, I think the key points for a victory for Cotto would be:

-Keep your back off the ropes

-Be consistent with your jab

-Use less leg movement

-Hold Margarito more to conserve energy

-Don’t be a head hunter going only for the eye mix it up going to the body

-Get Margarito’s respect early in the fight.

By the way, I’m one of the few who think if Cotto wins it would be on the score cards and not by KO/TKO.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 24,689,040,879,802.92
Total Points: 25,944,362,464,303.74
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jri9d0 View Post
That “peppered” attack resulted with Margarito taking the beating of his life with an unnecessary outcome (sacrificing his eye).

Like I said in a previous thread, I think the key points for a victory for Cotto would be:

-Keep your back off the ropes

-Be consistent with your jab

-Use less leg movement

-Hold Margarito more to conserve energy

-Don’t be a head hunter going only for the eye mix it up going to the body

-Get Margarito’s respect early in the fight.

By the way, I’m one of the few who think if Cotto wins it would be on the score cards and not by KO/TKO.
Cotto must keep his back off the rope. That was his biggest flaw in the first fight. Also if he can get into Margarito's chest & stay there, he can render Margarito ineffective. Just watch out for the uppercut.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 AM
kimmiblob
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 kimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond reputekimmiblob has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,074,620.62
Green! - dancovboxer good poster - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
Puerto Rican trainer Manuel Siaca Sr. has advised WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto to attack, and hurt, Antonio Margarito in the early rounds of their December 3rd rematch - taking place at New York's Madison Square Garden.

The longer the fight plays out and Cotto waits, the tougher it's going to be for the champion from Puerto Rico, says Siaca. The respected trainer views an early assault as the key ingredient to beating Margarito.

"I'll tell you the truth, if Cotto does not press the fight and dominate in the early rounds, he is going to have problems. Margarito is strong down the stretch. After the sixth, Margarito is very hard to beat. He has to be neutralized first," Siaca told Jose Sanchez. [Click Here To Read More]
Cotto wont be able to pull the trigger
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 AM
german411
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,043.01

I disagree cotto has to save his energy cause margarito is going to be ready for 12 rounds... The only way is taking the eye out!!!!!!! and the ref stoppping the fight
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Fistic
The Püssy-Cat

Rep Power: 9 Fistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond reputeFistic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,009,986,798.55
tu avi esta bien cabrona! :beerchug: - jose830 i found my g.spot , i owe you more than my heart. - HUGH JASS He was one tedious bastard, without a doubt - !! Anorak 

I'm not sure I understand this trainer. I think that Cotto needs to use his energy wisely and not go for the kill early. He needs to establish his jab, stay off the ropes, pivot and or hold when Margarito comes in AND work the body. He needs to do these things from the start. And hopefully by the middle rounds a frustrated Margarito wont have the legs to support his aggresive style.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:37 AM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Cotto must keep his back off the rope. That was his biggest flaw in the first fight. Also if he can get into Margarito's chest & stay there, he can render Margarito ineffective. Just watch out for the uppercut.
Co-sign, and if Cotto can also keep the fight in the center of the ring it would be to his benefit.

Hopefully the Cotto camp is using some basics from the Mosley/Margarito scrap for their game plan in this fight.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Mutchie6g
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these parts
Bank: 42,209.33
Total Points: 151,308.90
thanks - Mutchie6g No Message - Mutchie6g No Message - Mutchie6g No Message - Mutchie6g WAR GROVES!!!! - golden247 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jri9d0 View Post
co-sign, and if cotto can also keep the fight in the center of the ring it would be to his benefit.

Hopefully the cotto camp is using some basics from the mosley/margarito scrap for their game plan in this fight.
cotto needs to smash the eye again and again he must draw blood early margarito wants to die in the ring - give him his wish !
Old 11-26-2011, 10:55 AM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutchie6g View Post
cotto needs to smash the eye again and again he must draw blood early margarito wants to die in the ring - give him his wish !
Damn dude, you really have a blood lust for this..