Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk
View Poll Results: Which console will you buy?
Nintendo Revolution 5 15.15%
Playstation 3 22 66.67%
Xbox360 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 AM
masterdirector
Banned

Rep Power: 0 masterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,089.00
Default Which Next Gen console to get?

Which system? If you're getting more than one, vote as if you could only choose one.

Assume they all come out at the same time and all cost the same amount of money. Which system do you think will be the best?

Last edited by masterdirector; 11-08-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-08-2005, 01:37 AM
joeboxer
Black Square

Rep Power: 21494 joeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 237,931.12
Send a message via AIM to joeboxer

I think that its a toss-up again between X-Box and P3. I'll go with the P3 but I think nintendo is done as a major force in terms of consules.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:56 AM
masterdirector
Banned

Rep Power: 0 masterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond reputemasterdirector has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with the PS3 mainly because PS3 will have the Blu-Ray technology while Xbox360 won't even have HD DVD or Blu-Ray. And I expect Blu-Ray to win the war this time, like how VHS beat Sony's Betamax back in the 80s. Sony learned from their mistakes and will win this time, I think.

The Betamax was a superior machine to the VHS VCRs, but Sony wanted to distribute everything, so they ****ed up. They got greedy, thinking they'd be the only distributors in the world (remember, this was when VCRs were new, nothing in home to watch movies on, except TV movies), and everyone bought the cheaper, yet inferior, VHS players.

VHS also had 6 hour recordable tapes, later 8 and even 10 hour tapes, while the most you could get on a Betamax tape was 60-80 minutes. Not even a full movie. I think this was because of movie piracy concerns, but still a stupid move.

As far as the Next Gen consoles, I expect the PS3 to run away big time in a year or two, leaving the XBox 360 in the dust. But, the 360 can still keep a good enough market because they'll be able to offer a cheaper console and games. They'll have a price drop on their system before the PS3, and its likely that the 360 will always be less expensive while its in retail stores.

I won't even bother with buying an Xbox360.

Nintendo Revolution, that controller looks gay. I'll have to try it out in the stores before I even give that system a chance. If I got one, I'd have to get a 3rd party controller that does't look like a TV remote control. The big appeal of that system to me right now is that they'll offer basically the entire NES and SNES library. It'd be nice to play Punch Out or Double Dragon 2 without having to blow into the games each time to get them to work.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Da Iceman
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Da Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond reputeDa Iceman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,202,690.00

xbo360 is gonna have killer graphics
Old 11-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Memorex
King of Kings

Rep Power: 21499 Memorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond reputeMemorex has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,605.60
Send a message via AIM to Memorex Send a message via MSN to Memorex

ps3 is gonna dominate
Old 11-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Verstyle
Future Champion

Rep Power: 21564 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,857,501,161,755.91
Total Points: 49,857,501,453,103.76
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS Froid Mayweather d1ck rider - Warrios another floyd cock 4 u - Risen 

i played the xbox 360 at wal-mart it was pretty cool. and i know its not out yet. they had it for demo play for some odd reason
Old 11-08-2005, 11:39 PM
masterdirector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextRocky
xbo360 is gonna have killer graphics
I'm willing to bet PS3 will have AT LEAST equal graphics this time, if not better. I'm sure this will be a big debate. No doubt that the Xbox clearly had better graphics. Which, they should have. They were the computer company with easier access than Sony in the way of good graphics cards.

They're claiming that the PS3 could be capable of 120 fps, which is sort of moot right now because no TV can run that fast, but that shows they'll be up to par, at least, with graphics.

PS3 using Blu-Ray technology and that impressive Cell chip will have an advantage, I think, on loading times, and eventually game depth.

Take GTA: SA. On Blu-Ray, they could easily fit something 5-6 times the size of that on a disc, with room to spare. Xbox360 will not be able to do that. They'll only be able to equal the space of GTA: SA on the standard DVD format.

I'm surprised Microsoft didn't adopt the HD DVD format for the Xbox360. Microsoft has backed Toshiba's format for future Windows Based PCs, but not for their own game console. And they won't be able to just upload firmware updates to allow for HD DVD because its a completely different laser that reads it.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Verstyle
Future Champion

Rep Power: 21564 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS Froid Mayweather d1ck rider - Warrios another floyd cock 4 u - Risen 

but xbox has an harddrive. u can do all kinds of mod **** with that like they did with the first 1. and those grafics when i was playing r going to be hard to beat
Old 11-09-2005, 12:48 AM
masterdirector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystyal2k5
but xbox has an harddrive. u can do all kinds of mod **** with that like they did with the first 1. and those grafics when i was playing r going to be hard to beat
yeah I like the fact that it has a hard drive. The PS3 will offer a detachable hard drive this time actually.

Here's the PS3 specs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3 Specs
CPU: Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for edundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU: RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)

Memory:
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth:
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM: 22.4GB/s
RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS

Storage: HDD - Detachable 2.5 HDD slot x 1

I/O: USB: Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD: standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1

Communication: Ethernet - 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller:
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc media: CD, PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side), PlayStation2 DVD-ROM, PLAYSTATION3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PLAYSTATION3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Here's the Xbox360 specs:
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/article...ifications/p1/

I wanted to list them here, but trying to copy that thing was near impossible. Someone could attach it to where its viewable. I don't know how to do that.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Verstyle
Future Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdirector
yeah I like the fact that it has a hard drive. The PS3 will offer a detachable hard drive this time actually.

Here's the PS3 specs:

Here's the Xbox360 specs:
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/article...ifications/p1/

I wanted to list them here, but trying to copy that thing was near impossible. Someone could attach it to where its viewable. I don't know how to do that.

i wonder is there a site thqat can compare then better side to side and