Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Doc Holliday
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rep Power: 8 Doc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,002,414,191.92
Total Points: 50,014,972,427,169.24
Great poster, great person - Aztec Wanker 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarco View Post
I cant think of any other fight at the highest level with a prime boxing star at the peak of his career with so much hype/expectations behind him. Especially considering they waited 4 years to rematch a 38yo lightweight champion against the #1P4P welterweight champion.
I'd say yes, because of the magnitude of the fight Pac had ahead of him with Mayweather. As someone had said before, a lot of people were on the fence on who would win between Pac and May before this fight with Marquez. Now many of those people are going with Mayweather. That may or may not be true because styles make fights, but the result of Pac JMM 3 has taken a lot of the intrigue from Pac/May. Even worse, it appears to have made Arum even more reluctant to try and make that fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-20-2011, 04:25 PM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 39 paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,720.79
Total Points: 1,000,006,080,702,352.00
you need gifts - TuRoK'em Have a slice - Toney Loc one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy birthday - -jose- 
A beer for the bday boy! - led Beterbiev - wladavit Cant give you red k, wear this red lipstick on ur bday - led Happy birfday - DonMega I have no green to spread but here's some cake happy birthday - -jose- 
Happy Birthday man - Rip Chudd HBD - -Kev- No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run 
No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run 

I mean, if we're talking fights that are supposed to be easy but ended in upset, there have been countless this decade alone.

Pacquaio fought Morales just to stick his name on his resume on his way to bigger things. Morales wasn't supposed to have a chance. How about Mosley-Margarito? Another easy formality gone all wrong. Pavlik-Hopkins was supposed to be Kelly's coming out party. Ever heard of Rumble in The Jungle? Ali, having lost to Frazier, was supposed to be easy work for Big George.

It **** like this that makes boxing exciting to watch in the first place.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
thatnickuh
Banned

Rep Power: 0 thatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,491.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Top Rank- View Post
How can you cherry pick a guy you went life and death with twice?

Also, people complained about the catch weight, but while I said it prior to the fight, can anyone honestly say size was a factor after what went down Saturday?

And Age? yes Marquez is 38 but let me ask you this; Would any SMW and LHW be called a cherry picker for going after a 44 year old Bernard Hopkins (keep in mind almost all of those guys are younger than Manny by 3-5 years)? Also almost all the legit 160, and 154 are almost a decade younger than Martinez.....would it be considered Cherry picking if they went after a 37 year old Sergio Martinez?

This is a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.
It was a cherry-pick because they only decided to fight Marquez because they thought that it would be a realtively easy win for Pacquiao despite the previous 2 fights. They obviously weren't expecting the fight to go down the way that it did, hence the term "backfire".
Old 11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Chino Madonna
Disrespectful Savage

Rep Power: 26 Chino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,071,887,134,315.36
Total Points: 2,104,194,524,267.65
Have a virtual beer on me. - S a m u r a i Hopefully this will help now that you have given up streams - danc1984 i felt bad for you cos i have more gifts than you. what can i say? im more likable :) heres a banana - vanilamilkshake for being a hating lil faag - Sir TomJones for destroying larry, that was entertaining - Alx. 
there there kid, there there - Earl Hickey absolute destruction of the forums biggest shit poster larryx - I'm so sorry underrated poster - -MAKAVELLI- Top bloke - Aztec Wanker for slapping around the fanboys - I'm so sorry 
top poster - -MAKAVELLI- No Message - jose830 14084702 never forget - RlCKY 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas 

Most mis-judged cherry pick ever was DLH vs Pac.

Not only did Oscar get a humiliating beat-down - but it was the first that turned Pac into a bona fide cross-over star.

And then Arum used that to try to destroy GBP by luring fighters from there on the promise of fighting Manny.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 PM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,320,346,629,998.08
Total Points: 10,450,015,570,558.28
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:

Also, people complained about the catch weight, but while I said it prior to the fight, can anyone honestly say size was a factor after what went down Saturday?

And Age? yes Marquez is 38 but let me ask you this; Would any SMW and LHW be called a cherry picker for going after a 44 year old Bernard Hopkins (keep in mind almost all of those guys are younger than Manny by 3-5 years)? Also almost all the legit 160, and 154 are almost a decade younger than Martinez.....would it be considered Cherry picking if they went after a 37 year old Sergio Martinez?

Fact that he went life and death with Marquez makes it more of a cherry pick as the 'easy' victory would come with the sweet taste of portraying improvement to the fans.

The fact of the matter is his camp thought Marquez was shot, they thought he would go in and trade with Pacquiao leading to him getting blasted, they thought the added weight would slow him down. Those words came from them not me.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Zarco
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Zarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,419,258.50
Total Points: 1,005,960,891.23
Feliz Ano Nuevo!!! - E.P.T. 

Quote:

Pacquiao, Roach, Ariza, Arum, half the world was shocked at what transpired in that fight, how was that not a cherry pick? Obviously not every one is the same, you were probably one of the people who gave JMM a chance. But dude you are totally outweighed on the other side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willybullet View Post
I'd say yes, because of the magnitude of the fight Pac had ahead of him with Mayweather.
Exactly! This fight takes the cake.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Doc Holliday
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rep Power: 8 Doc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,002,414,191.92
Total Points: 50,014,972,427,169.24
Great poster, great person - Aztec Wanker 

Quote:

Hindsight is 20/20. This isn't a matter of JMM being a cherry pick, but rather Arum and team Pac believing he was, based on his lone performance at welter. This is the reason the attempted cherry pick backfired.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
JibbaJabber
I'm That Boul..

Rep Power: 5 JibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond reputeJibbaJabber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,542,975.51
Total Points: 10,546,957.18
No Message - JibbaJabber Pactard Owning.. Getting Your First Groupie - JibbaJabber Pactards.. Put That In Ya Mouth.. - JibbaJabber for getting another groupie -Lowkey- the 2 dollar hoe - JibbaJabber For Marquez Schooling Pacuiao Again.. And Getting Robbed Again - JibbaJabber 
For All The Red K's My Pactard Hoes Give Me.. Put This In Your Ass Baklas - JibbaJabber I Drank Too Many Of These And Had My Bastard Child -Check Hooks- Tell Your Mom I Said Hi - JibbaJabber 90 Days Served - JibbaJabber 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - JibbaJabber 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
Not even close to a cherry pick this year. Ishida-Kirkland.... Ishida was clearly brought in to lose and get destroyed.
Also I don't think it's a cherry pick.
yes the hell it was a chery pick.. and that ass whippin may have costed arum and mayweather tens of millions of dollars so from a financial aspect it just may be the biggest vherry pick back firing in history lol.. thats what team pacroids gets
Old 11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 110,194,236.65
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Um, Tyson-Douglas.

Thread.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Khalid X
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 38 Khalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,302,588,091,301.12
Total Points: 123,302,588,177,803.08
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Too many people to quote, but in reference to what Freddie, Alex and Arum stated prior to the fight:

Let's be realistic for a second....outside of Arum, those guys trash every one of Manny's upcoming opponents.

Hell If Manny was facing Jesus, those clown would talk about how he was shot and showed no heart by not getting up after being crucified.