Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Heru
Quintessence

Rep Power: 29 Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,324,711,934,744.59
Total Points: 1,424,712,073,905.14
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 
Default Distorted Judging Criteria

Clean and Effective Punching

Ring Generalship

Effective Aggression

Defense

In Pacquiao-Marquez III, people that state that Pacquiao won are using Pacquiao's ring generalship and the challenger needing to take that title from the champion.

Ring Generalship

People percieve Pacquiao as the ring general because he had a higher output and pressed the fight. That is not ring generalship, that falls under effective aggression and becomes ineffective aggression when it doesn't lead to achieving the 2 criteria above it. The ring general dictates the pace of the fight, he establishes when and where the exchanges take place. In Pacquiao-Marquez III, the ring general was JMM throughout the fight. He dictated when and where the fight was fought.

Margarito pressed the fight forcing Pacquiao to the backfoot, did this make him the ring general?

Taking the title from the champion

A boxing match is scored on a round by round basis, not based on the entire fight, so winning 7 rounds of a fight (without point deductions) is taking the title from the champion.

Corruption?

The judge that had the 116-112 scorecard, Glenn Trowbridge, scored 3 of the last 4 rounds for Pacquiao. The 1 round he scored for Marquez is the 12th.... I'll repeat that: the judge that had the 116-112 scorecard, Glenn Trowbridge, scored the last 3 of the last 4 rounds for Pacquiao. The 1 round he scored for Marquez is the 12th. That, to me, is a corrupt judge who had the fight too close going into the last 3rd, so he decides to give Pacquiao 3 consecutive rounds, where Marquez appears the winner. After realizing Pacquiao's ahead enough, but understanding that a 117-111 scorecard for Pacquiao to be insane, he gives Marquez the only clear Pacquiao round, so it appear as if he's not the corrupt judge he is.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 120 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,569,891,826,268.38
Total Points: 3,846,892,153,477.25
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

I hate that people focus so much on factors other than who the f*** is landing the most punches. I don't care how good you ring generalship or footwork or any of that crap is, if you are getting outlanded you're probably losing.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:38 PM
FloydPacquiaoJr
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,973.91

Pacquiao "outbox" marquez

pacquiao landed more , but marquez landed the quality shots

a person who is landing more means he is controlling the fight
Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,032,788,948,561.96
Total Points: 1,132,810,230,092.69
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
I hate that people focus so much on factors other than who the f*** is landing the most punches. I don't care how good you ring generalship or footwork or any of that crap is, if you are getting outlanded you're probably losing.
CLEAN punches. Marquez landed a significant amout more clean punches.

CLEAN PUNCHING should be BY FAR the most important piece of judging criteria. All of the other stuff should be used as almost a tie breaker.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Toyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Toyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,034,958.58
floyd fairy killer - Panginoon Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 

pacquiao won all 3 fights in my book

even though the first 2 were close, he had both of them in the bag by the 10th round so they were artificially close.

th 3rd fight, i had him winning big, 116-112.

i think glenn trowbridge gave jmm that round out of sympathy because he didnt want to embarass him too bad.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Heru
Quintessence

Rep Power: 29 Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,324,711,934,744.59
Total Points: 1,424,712,073,905.14
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
I didn't mention Marquez' clean and effective punching because it seemed too obvious to anyone watching the fight. Obviously, those who have strong bias are going to disregard what they watched, in favor of looking for thing that support their agenda. Just wanted to put these myths to rest.

Doesn't matter, Marquez was not only the clean and effective puncher, he was also the ring general and had the edge on defense. As far as I'm concerned, Compubox, Lederman, Steward, and Lampley are hired by HBO, Arum pays the judges (judges recieve their wages by promoters), so they are all suspect.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
jgc2168
Amateur

Total Points: 715.80

Damn enough with the over analyzing. Pacquiao won the fight. He can't control the judging. Compubox shows that Pac landed more punches and at a slightly higher percentage and this is what the judges saw. It was evident his punches were landing because Marquez's face looked like pulverized meat.

Pacquiao won a very close and well fought fight. Get over it.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Hewito
Contender

Rep Power: 4 Hewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud of
Total Points: 74,729.66

That is something i was arguing about..Who wins..someone who landed 1,000 small shots that did no harm,or someone who landed 200 really hard shots?...I thought the winner is always the one who wants to finish the fight or land the most telling blows,not some shoe shining crap...
Old 11-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Hewito
Contender

Rep Power: 4 Hewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud ofHewito has much to be proud of
Total Points: 74,729.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc2168 View Post
Damn enough with the over analyzing. Pacquiao won the fight. He can't control the judging. Compubox shows that Pac landed more punches and at a slightly higher percentage and this is what the judges saw. It was evident his punches were landing because Marquez's face looked like pulverized meat.

Pacquiao won a very close and well fought fight. Get over it.
Did you see Pas' face?once again it doenst matter who throws more punches but who makes the most damage..didnt pac had a busted lip and swelling?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:14 PM
FloydPacquiaoJr
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond reputeFloydPacquiaoJr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,973.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewito View Post
Did you see Pas' face?once again it doenst matter who throws more punches but who makes the most damage..didnt pac had a busted lip and swelling?
no swelling, jmm's face was more swelled up looked like a chinese after the fight