Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 AM
freeloada
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 freeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond reputefreeloada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,710,836,575,246.42
Total Points: 4,710,836,643,985.21
it wouldn't be very 'pinoy' on my part to just buy 1...here's another - Makavelli more beer for the homey - Makavelli Cheers - mangler balut from the PI! lol - JM1 heres your favorite bigmac lol - JM1 
For my bro' - jazluvr449 another one cuz you're the best! - jazluvr449 These look nice lined up...lol. - jazluvr449 gracias bud - Makavelli There we are! Thanks for all you do! - jazluvr449 
medal of honor for you - jazluvr No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada 
No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada No Message - freeloada 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jazluvr449 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to freeloada
Default Miguel Cotto: Man or Mouse?

by EZ E -

After watching the short HBO preview of Cotto vs Margarito II "FACE OFF With Max Kellerman" I find it somewhat easy to relate with Miguel Cotto's comments, calling Tony Margarito's 'never say die/quit' stand against Manny Pacquiao pure STUPIDITY. I’ve been around the game since childhood, my father and uncle are ex-fighters that trained and managed fighters throughout my youth and teens. I’ve seen alot of brave fighters, champs, contenders and little regarded club fighters which I admired and that aren’t doing too good these days, suffering of poor health, brain damage, dementia, liver and kidney other serious health issues and problems related to their ring days. Unfortunately there are many more on the way.

Yes, many, many more. I see them at fight cards I attend. Some I trained along side of and sparred with for years now can barely recognize me. For others the ‘symptoms’ are beginning to show. A year from now a few won’t even remember me anymore as well. My beloved uncle ‘forgot’ who I was and so did my cousin, a 2 time New York Golden Gloves champ who later fought close to 40 pro fights. It’s the sad part of the game that many fans overlook.. Practically NONE of the fans that these brave men once entertained will lift a finger to help them get into their seat nor buy them a drink. Some even make fun of these warriors. There’s this one ex world title challenger that I once fought when we were amateurs that I now visit from time to time. He’s not doing too well either. He didn’t make much in his day and his managers practically made more than he did. He lives alone in a clean but old house, a house he himself bought and later inherited from his mom. He purchased the house from his uncle, her brother, over 30 years ago. On a few un-announced visits I found him hitting an worn and decaying heavy bag he had hanging from a tree in his back yard. He seemed to come to life as he let loose combos and ‘danced’ around. Last year I bought him a new one with my income tax return check. Lately the ‘symptoms’ have been accelerating. He shuffles as he walks, his speech slurred. I can notice how his mind seems to wander off and how he closes his eyes to concentrate.

In the HBO segment Cotto stated that he wasn't willing "to die in the ring" for the fans or personal reputation. For this folks on other sites have already began criticizing Cotto and comparing his words and courage to those of Victor Ortiz after the Marcos Maidana fight. Well, first of all, Victor Ortiz didn’t take any punishment compared to Cotto. Did Cotto ‘cowardly’ take a knee in his punishing brawl with Margarito in July of 2008?? hmmmm… Well, what was he to do? He knew he was beaten up pretty bad already, could barely breathe from his busted nose, his ear dripping blood, weakened by the PUNISHMENT he had ALREADY ABSORBED!! He knew that he NO LONGER had the strength to keep the oncoming Margarito off him. Was he supposed please the fans and continue to be battered until TOTAL HELPLESSNESS or until he was knocked into COMPLETE HEALTH THREATENING UNCONSCIOUSNESS?? Is THAT what he’s paid for?? Didn’t he prove enough? Was he supposed to risk it ALL? For WHO?? The fans??? hmmmm.. Do you know how many “fans” care about my friend, my cousin or my long deceased uncle?? Do you what to know how many visitors my friend or the legendary Wilfredo Benitez get?? I’ll tell you, practically NONE!! No love offerings, handouts, card shows, no visits... NOTHING and NOBODY!

Tony Margarito is one tough S.O.B., no doubt about it. He has a different outlook on his profession. To him it’s "win or DIE trying" at all cost. That’s him. Fortunately Manny Pacquiao was merciful enough to hold back from the tenth round on or Tony might not be fighting on December 3rd nor ANY OTHER DAY!! We all UNDENIABLY saw how Pac looked to the ref on a couple of occasions, hoping he’d intervene. On the other hand Cotto expresses that’s fighting is his job, putting in a good days work and go home to his family. Twenty five or thirty years from now he might be glad he took his knee while enjoying his health, wealth and family. Tony?? Hopefully he will also do the same and not end up with the “symptom” that now haunt my ex-adversary friend, my ‘do or die’ cousin or Benitez or Bobby Chacon, Denny Moyer, Greg McClellan….. and many, many more of the fighters that entertained and thrilled us and we’ve somehow FORGOTTEN about.

Before I end this comment allow me to say that a few years ago I once asked my cousin what would he prefer, his ‘do or die’ fame or his health? He answered,”I would still be a fighter BUT I would’ve taken better care of my marbles. What good are thirty year old cheers and scrapbooks if you aint got the marbles to remember them??” These days my cousin doesn’t remember ever saying those words nor much of anything else, sometimes he doesn’t even remember me. Peace to all!!

LINK
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Bronsky
AyoMaDu!

Rep Power: 11 Bronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 282,145,131,453.75
Total Points: 312,168,134,088.95
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Man With responsibilities, priorities, and money, and loves his life
Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 148 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,790,861,629,507.58
Total Points: 1,007,790,861,652,121.50
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- :rofl::rofl: - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

cotto's a man's man. anyone who doubts the guy you could immediately determine they haven't lived much life.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:49 AM
strikefury
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,765.13

Man. Cotto is being realistic. /Thread
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
LaMigra
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,131.57

Margarito: Intelligent and evolved or stupid and cheesy macho ?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 AM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 21 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,475,591,155,164.80
Total Points: 3,705,816,009,156.77
sharing tv link - Sir TomJones 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

He fights until he feels that he can't longer keep going. Good example was the fight with Torres. He was badly hurt but he didn't quit. If he would of kept going in the Margarito fight. He would of got beat up really bad in those last 2-3 rounds.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Walt Liquor
the opposite of pure

Rep Power: 101 Walt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,519,174,279,467.96
Total Points: 14,001,674,658,470.84
Chunk Cake - Chunk have a beer on me bro! - led some malt liqour for Walt Liqour - sweetpea87 Cheers for baby boy! - led One more for the boy! - led 
Congratulations on a baby boy :) - *Boss Lady* Congrats. - Libido Sanchez Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Happy Holidays Walter! :) - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. 
For being a Irish racist - Cuauhtémoc1502 I like your avatar - zab191 I like your avatar - zab191 Merry Christmas Walt. I hope you and your family have a great one. - deanrw the link on your sig made me pull over on the NJ Turnpike :D - jose830 
happy new year walt. - HUGH JASS you killed it! in the 90's hip hop thread :boxing: - jose830 congrats on your daughters first gig walt,you must be very proud. - HUGH JASS Rest In Peace - -Kev- RIP homie! - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BoxingPromoter Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ƒallenloki Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - The Scientist Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Flab Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Flab Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Flab Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -veteran420- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -veteran420- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - D.I.E.S.E.L World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Unknown Champ Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Unknown Champ 

lets not pretend cotto is anything other than the dude who stepped between the ropes for this resume:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...3535&cat=boxer
Old 11-18-2011, 11:12 AM
VaginaPuncher
Contender

Rep Power: 4 VaginaPuncher is just really niceVaginaPuncher is just really niceVaginaPuncher is just really niceVaginaPuncher is just really nice
Total Points: 13,095.22

Huge respect for both cotto and margarito for doing this fight one more time.
One of the best rivalries in boxing.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM
STREET CLEANER
The Watcher

Rep Power: 13 STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,663,213.58
Total Points: 31,040,705,844.18
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest 

Cotto had a nasty gash in the Clottey fight and could had stopped with a no contest or a slim 4 round win. No, he continued. Dude has a good chin and takes a beating but comes to a point that you can't risk it all.

Having children is a very big deal for most cause when you are in a high risk situation that is all you think of.

That is what makes Margo so dangerous is that he will risk life and limb, it what gets him thru fights. At the same time he has to have a corner to save him from himself cause he simply can't make the decision
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Puya
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Puya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,044,105,497.95
Total Points: 54,044,208,472.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc9979 View Post
He fights until he feels that he can't longer keep going. Good example was the fight with Torres. He was badly hurt but he didn't quit. If he would of kept going in the Margarito fight. He would of got beat up really bad in those last 2-3 rounds.
And that was what they really want it to see. I's pretty obvious

NO fan care for a fighter's health at att specially when retired or loosing.

So yeah I agree with Cotto........... "**** off ****ing hypocrites"