Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Khalid X
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 38 Khalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,302,588,091,301.12
Total Points: 123,302,588,177,957.08
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather >>>>> Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka "The Black Hitler" - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DempseyRollin View Post
no he doesnt. he cant even trap an opponent who doesnt come at him.
Pacquiao applies pressure better than Castillo...period.

With that said, that has nothing to do with what will happen if Manny faces Floyd, which is the point I was making......a guy comparing apples to oranges, when neither of those guys are the same fighter or fight the same.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Bobby Shmurda
A Hot Ni@@a

Rep Power: 40 Bobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,296,807,719,213.68
Total Points: 1,309,914,088,493.43
No Message - ИATAS206 Cool man.  Animes are cool. - jjbj2 kick this ignorant racist - Freedom. this guy can't even debate, he just goes straight to childish insults - happyman One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA good poster - A-Wolf Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Top Rank- View Post

With that said, that has nothing to do with what will happen if Manny faces Floyd, which is the point I was making......a guy comparing apples to oranges, when neither of those guys are the same fighter or fight the same.
and once again. no, he doesn't. u cant say he applies pressure better than a guy that knew how to trap an opponent and keep them in front of him. i dont even know why this is even an argument. castillo was a classic pressure fighter, one of the best of his era. manny is not that. never was.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Twako
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Twako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,933,191,284,669.04
Total Points: 40,933,291,327,775.15
for luck - jazluvr ayan pre - Talisayen tagay - Talisayen A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Talisayen 

Quote:
I'm not saying you are claiming they are the same TS, but this is me speaking in general......I'm really tired of the Floyd to JMM comparisons. They both counter punch well but the comparison ends right there.

With that said, you made some very good points and I also felt the fight was close but Marquez gave the last few rounds away.
no im not saying they are the same. i may have mis-stated the title, but i was just pointing out an aspect of their overall style. while both give good counters, floyd did put on some aggression against ortiz, while jmm didn't.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Johnwoo8686
The Devil's Double

Rep Power: 7 Johnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 132,759,309.96
Total Points: 110,142,949,286.41
No Message - Johnwoo8686 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Molded out of Canelo's Snake just for you. - robust_ 

Quote:

You're seriously reaching when you have to bring up Castillo. The Castillo fight was NINE years ago and was the last time Floyd came thisclose to losing. The Marquez fight was just a few days ago when Pacquiao came close to losing. Also, Floyd and Marquez share more things in common in terms of fighting style than Manny and Castillo share. And like another poster stated, Manny can't seem to trap an opponent against the ropes which is something Castillo was able to do.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 6 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 655,984,329.91
Total Points: 1,862,581,397.01
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom. enjoy - Barnburner 

Just look at the guys name....
He is the biggest Bob Arum mark in the galaxy.

Ledermann a good judge? A guy can dominate a round and the other guy only has to throw flurries for the last 30 sec and he'll give it to him.
Thank god he isn't judging for real
Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM
SincereDaGreat
Contender

Rep Power: 0 SincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these partsSincereDaGreat is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,821.85

Quote:
Lederman judging a fight >>>>>>>>> pro boxers judging a fight.

With that said, why do people rely on others to form an opinion when they can judge for themselves? Besides, I actually know several pro fighters and none of them really sit down and pay attention to details during a fight unless its an opponent they are facing. They are either their to have a good time with friends/associates.
Everybody judges different...some favor body punches, others flashy obvious punches...we even got guys that favor a guy coming forward and making the fight even if that guy isn't being very effective. With that said, i've seen Lederman murder score cards with his BS!! I know plenty of pro athletes and I always ask, when talking about the best or greatest etc who's opinion means more...Coaches, fans, friends or other pro athletes in their respective sports and the answer is always the same...all want that respect from the people that play with and against them.

It's easy to call yourself an expert/judge but how is their opinion more valuable than guys who lace'em up??? Especially if it's fighters that aren't involved with either fighters camp.

If cheated, I would find more comfort in hearing other athletes tell me I was robbed over anybody else.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM
C.Y.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 C.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 941,002.55
Total Points: 1,073,388.01
Best poster on boxing scene! - Ishy Aytan 

Top Rank, you obviously live up to your name..

To answer the question, yes there are some differences in the defensive styles of Marquez and Mayweather, but at the end of the day they are also very similar and are recognized as great counter punchers.

In regards to overall defense the obvious edge would go to Mayweather.

In regards to dealing with Pacquiao, if Marquez gave Pacquiao problems, I am quite certain Mayweather will do the same. May is more elusive, he is quicker, a better counter puncher and possesses a 5 inch reach advantage over Pacquiao.

In regards to Pacquiao cutting off the ring more effectively and being a better pressure fighter than Castillo is simply asinine. Castillo had pretty good foot work and placed himself in a position to cut the ring off and impose his will.

Pacquiao couldn't even corner a washed up 39 year old Mosley..

Pacquiao had a hard time chasing an exhausted Cotto.

He just walks in, he does not use intelligent pressure, he's not really a pressure fighter
Old 11-16-2011, 02:21 PM
C.Y.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 C.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond reputeC.Y. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 941,002.55
Total Points: 1,073,388.01
Best poster on boxing scene! - Ishy Aytan 

oh yeah and LEderman is a TERRIBLE JUDGE. Not just with the Pacquiao fights, but with a lot of fights in general. I sometimes question which fight is he watching. I think he jsut scores for aggression, not effective aggression, just aggression.

Same can be said with Lampley and most of the hbo telecast team they are biased towards certain fighters and most of them do not know **** about boxing. They should have Roy commentate full time.