Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 PM
King of Sting
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 King of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these parts
Bank: 185,029,395.18
Total Points: 185,163,872.79
Default What exactly was Roach's gameplan ?

Having watched the fight twice now. It didn't look like they brought anything new to the table as far as how to deal with Juan.

In fact, PAC was doing alot of the wrong things when fighting a right-handed fighter.

Juan was being Juan, but, I think he definitely pivoted to his left alot more than in his previous fights w/ PAC. One thing that has definitely improved is Juan's power, never saw PAC show much respect for Juan's power.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Phenom
Phenomdeaux

Bank: 20,728,053,492,428.08
Total Points: 20,728,063,513,670.97
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

gameplan was to not be caught out of position and not pressure recklessly its pretty obvious they were worried and fighting kind of defensively early on
Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,231,219.09
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Roachs game plan was to force JMM to a CW of 144 , he said he thought Juan with that much bulk and muscle would be too slow and forced to slug and Manny would have walked right through , Roachs own words ,,,,,,, so you see he had a game plan , and it worked , JMM was slowed down and by quite a lot , what went wrong was Manny was not good enough to make the advantage pay off .
Old 11-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
gameplan was to not be caught out of position and not pressure recklessly its pretty obvious they weren't going for an early KO in this fight
Pac was going to walk through him until he felt him and then thought oh ***** , Pac often gets on his bike if you look at his matches , look st the Diaz fight and take Diaz out and replace him JMM all of a sudden you got the other night .

This hype of Pac the destroyer is based on Hatton , and Hatton was nothing at the time , Lascano nearly had him on queer street lol .

Manny is not near what the hype made him out to be , and its being seen by lots .
Old 11-15-2011, 11:26 PM
King of Sting
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 King of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
gameplan was to not be caught out of position and not pressure recklessly its pretty obvious they were worried and fighting kind of defensively early on
Well, that's a very general way of putting it. Of course, in any fight the part of the gameplan is not to get caught out of position and don't get reckless.

Be more specific as far as what you think Roach's gameplan was.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
keehlnate
Banned

Rep Power: 0 keehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond reputekeehlnate has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 130,331.98

8 years of preparation and still can't beat him.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
King of Sting
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Pac was going to walk through him until he felt him and then thought oh ***** , Pac often gets on his bike if you look at his matches , look st the Diaz fight and take Diaz out and replace him JMM all of a sudden you got the other night .

This hype of Pac the destroyer is based on Hatton , and Hatton was nothing at the time , Lascano nearly had him on queer street lol .

Manny is not near what the hype made him out to be , and its being seen by lots .
Listen, I'm no Dumbquiao fan, but I give credit where credit is due. PAC is that good, however, he met his match, that's all there is to it.

If PAC got schooled by a lower-tier talent, then, it's safe to say he's overhyped. But, he was facing another great, so, that's why it went down the way it went down.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
SyrianUser
Banned

Total Points: 12,171.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of sting View Post
having watched the fight twice now. It didn't look like they brought anything new to the table as far as how to deal with juan.

In fact, pac was doing alot of the wrong things when fighting a right-handed fighter.

Juan was being juan, but, i think he definitely pivoted to his left alot more than in his previous fights w/ pac. One thing that has definitely improved is juan's power, never saw pac show much respect for juan's power.

Beat a 38 year old Marquez with a weight , speed and strength disadvantage to prove that Pacquiao won the 1rst and the 2nd fight .
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrianUser View Post
Beat a 38 year old Marquez with a weight , speed and strength disadvantage to prove that Pacquiao won the 1rst and the 2nd fight .
Yep and the guy says Manny is that good lol , wonder what Floyd is then when he stopped Hatton while he was at his best and undefeated at the same ring weight that Ricky was beating KT . then ODH at a ring weight of 160 against Floyd while with Manny he was out weighed by Manny on the night , then a CW forced on Cotto and Margo both coming of terrible losses , then Floyd toys with JMM after a 2 yr lay off not dropping 10 seconds let alone a single round ,,,

And thats not even mentioning the ducking of Mosley and waiting till was shot coming of 2 losses ,,,,,

The dude said Pac is that good ,,,, lol what a joke , for *******s the hype was that good , the reality sucks eggs like they are doing now .
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 PM
PunchesNbuncheS
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 PunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond reputePunchesNbuncheS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,145,269.65
Total Points: 110,859,092.86
Award winning poster! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

What exactly was Roach's gameplan ?

Hope that Marquez would be slow and ineffective at 144 and use Pac's speed and power to win.

LOL!