Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,338
Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,086,370.43
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,086,370.43
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryannn View Post
*****s were asking for pacquiao to relinquish his fighter of the decade award for 2000-2009.

because he won a "controversial" win in 2011.

gotta love them floozies.
yah i was smh when pople were starting to discredit pac's decade award after saturday's fight lmao..
Reply With Quote
APPONO ASTOS is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19,915
Rep Power: 46 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,545,047.35
Bank: 12,362,765,878,448.92
Total Points: 12,373,766,423,496.27
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevel916 View Post
JMM had the option of weighing 140. He wasnt being forced to weigh in at 144. What happened to the size and weight advantage that Pac was suppose to have on him?
You know what I am saying but are playing stupid.

Manny is not a bum but its hard to argue he is the best fighter in the world or in his generation when he clearly has problems with any opponent who boxes, and his arch rival has dominated all opponents accept 1, who he rematched and obliterated.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is online now
#23
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Oxn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,181
Rep Power: 10 Oxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,147,304.10
Bank: 66,189,596,861,296.80
Total Points: 66,190,597,008,600.90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
No Mayabang, its not about JMM its about Manny. He simply isn't a smart enough or good enough BOXER. He doesn't have the ability to deal with multiple styles in the ring. He can only live up to expectations when faced with inferior competition. He still has something to prove.
Thsi doesnt make any sense. By this logic would you say Floyd still has something to prove? Because as far as i know, he has NEVER been the underdog, because he is always the superior competition.

And like i said previously, the better fighter is always suppsoe to win, if you count out luck or whatever.

So just because people thought JMM was inferior doesnt mean he is Inferior, people just accessed it all wrong. People were wrong, doesnt change the fact that JMM is better or worst.
Reply With Quote
Oxn is online now
#24
Old 11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
CantBeTouched
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 125
Rep Power: 0 CantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these partsCantBeTouched is infamous around these parts
Points: 23,015.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,015.50
Default

It wasn't one controversial win. This is their 3rd fight. Just admit Pacquaio is not that great. People forgetting Marquez was 38 and Pac is 32. Imagine if they were the same age. Pac is already on the decline and he's only 32. Now imagine if Pac was 38.......fight wouldn't even be competitive
Reply With Quote
CantBeTouched is offline
#25
Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Oxn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,181
Rep Power: 10 Oxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,147,304.10
Bank: 66,189,596,861,296.80
Total Points: 66,190,597,008,600.90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeTouched View Post
It wasn't one controversial win. This is their 3rd fight. Just admit Pacquaio is not that great. People forgetting Marquez was 38 and Pac is 32. Imagine if they were the same age. Pac is already on the decline and he's only 32. Now imagine if Pac was 38.......fight wouldn't even be competitive
WTF is this bull****. People age differently.

Most boxers decline beofre 30. Hell i think Cotto was delcining at 29.
Reply With Quote
Oxn is online now
#26
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Deevel916
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,688
Rep Power: 14 Deevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,379,718.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,379,718.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
You know what I am saying but are playing stupid.

Manny is not a bum but its hard to argue he is the best fighter in the world or in his generation when he clearly has problems with any opponent who boxes, and his arch rival has dominated all opponents accept 1, who he rematched and obliterated.
Obliberated? LOL. He outboxed Castillo in the 2nd fight and won decisively. Far from an obliberation. Now what he did to Gatti was an obliberation..
Reply With Quote
Deevel916 is online now
#27
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
GG Magic
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 406
Rep Power: 4 GG Magic has a spectacular aura aboutGG Magic has a spectacular aura aboutGG Magic has a spectacular aura about
Points: 28,069.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,069.55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups View Post
EVERYONE (except the judges) had very HIGH expectations on Pacquiao. It's his charisma and downfall at the same time.
And yet, after failing miserably to meet this 'high expectation', the judges gave the win, when most boxing fans and experts believe Marquez won.

That's not 'downfall', but quite the opposite.

For me though, this isn't about Pacquiao. I am a boxing fan. And in the fight I saw a man who was a heavy underdog, expected by many to be knocked out within a few rounds, rise above these expectations, and execute an almost perfect game plan to win in most people's eyes.

He was denied victory on his third and probably final try, even after such a tremendous performance, and it makes me sad and angry.
Reply With Quote
GG Magic is offline
#28
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19,915
Rep Power: 46 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,545,047.35
Bank: 12,362,765,878,448.92
Total Points: 12,373,766,423,496.27
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
Exactly. Manny is getting criticized, BUT i dont think he deserves it as much as hes getting.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

People will use this performance to say that Manny just isnt as good as they thought, and question his past performance, but MAYBE like any other fighter, hes just in his decline, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone will decline.
As a manny fan of course you don't. The problem is manny has had the same problem with boxers no matter the weight or his age. Thats why he doesn't get matched with boxers often.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

Horrible cop oput on your part. If manny is the best in the world as you argue then he should have to prove it, same way others have. In the minds of many true boxing fans he hasn't done it yet and failed to do it this time.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is online now
#29
Old 11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19,915
Rep Power: 46 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,545,047.35
Bank: 12,362,765,878,448.92
Total Points: 12,373,766,423,496.27
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
Thsi doesnt make any sense. By this logic would you say Floyd still has something to prove? Because as far as i know, he has NEVER been the underdog, because he is always the superior competition.

And like i said previously, the better fighter is always suppsoe to win, if you count out luck or whatever.

So just because people thought JMM was inferior doesnt mean he is Inferior, people just accessed it all wrong. People were wrong, doesnt change the fact that JMM is better or worst.
But you and other posters and media members do say floyd has something to prove. Welcome to the real world dude where respect is earned, not given.

Lets see if manny can handle the spotlight when its bright and unfriendly. Its easy when all you gotta do is sing off key songs on Kimmel. Lets see what happens when he gets the floyd treatment.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is online now
#30
Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Oxn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,181
Rep Power: 10 Oxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond reputeOxn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,147,304.10
Bank: 66,189,596,861,296.80
Total Points: 66,190,597,008,600.90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
As a manny fan of course you don't. The problem is manny has had the same problem with boxers no matter the weight or his age. Thats why he doesn't get matched with boxers often.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

Horrible cop oput on your part. If manny is the best in the world as you argue then he should have to prove it, same way others have. In the minds of many true boxing fans he hasn't done it yet and failed to do it this time.
Errr i never argued that Manny is the best in the World. Look through my post history, never once hinted at that. I am a fan of his though.

You said Manny has always had problems with boxers no matter weight or age. So why did you say it was a mismatch, before the fight?
Reply With Quote
Oxn is online now
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
boxing, brutal., bum., controversial, hypejob., you're

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.