Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-18-2008, 02:12 AM
abadger
Real Talk

Rep Power: 22 abadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 380,808.07
Total Points: 617,624.26
You're a good poster! - Tunney The brains of the outfit - Chunk Cheers, Calzaghe PWNED the yank, lacy-calzaghe all over again HAHA - ~Lucky13~ It's gonna be a long night tonight! - BatTheMan Top allround poster! Pizza owns! - KrisSilver 
For you and Joe - MizzzouMan 3K posts - T-97 cheers abadger we debate back and fourth and its good banter we dont have to always agree i respect your opinion though - Terrible... Thank you - boxing_prospect Great Poster - Dorian 
4k bro - Melly-Mel please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua freedom to the cornish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Left Hook Tua Thanks for the endless help champ.   I owe you one. - Spiegelo Help you stay up - T-97 
Welcome back abadger!!! - abosworth No Message - T-97 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez 
Default Best Boxing Performance You Have Ever Seen?

What is the best display of boxing brilliance you have ever seen in a fight? What made it so good?

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but the way Sugar ray showed off boxing skill, tremendous heart and cold blooded tactical calculation means that for me, that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Spiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Spiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,550,363,012.63
Total Points: 9,550,363,600.63
james &amp;quot;mr. popo&amp;quot; toney!!!!! - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadger View Post
What is the best display of boxing brilliance you have ever seen in a fight? What made it so good?

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but for me that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
Mine would have to be Jermain Taylor vs Corey Spinks. Wow man, that fight changed my life..
Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Dirk Diggler UK
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 95 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,653,415,467,813.43
Total Points: 4,674,664,340,864.81
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein 

Surprised you didnt pick Calzaghe vs Lacy. I was wasted watching that fight, couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was convinced Joe had snorted a table full of coke.
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 192,155.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Quote:

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but the way Sugar ray showed off boxing skill, tremendous heart and cold blooded tactical calculation means that for me, that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
Mayweather vs Gatti, Mayweather vs JLC II, Guzman vs Barrios was a GREAT performance by both fighters MAINLY Guzman and I think thats my number 1.
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,367,026,491,948.65
Total Points: 12,367,030,790,153.06
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Ray Robinson vs Jake LaMotta 6
Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams
Old 08-18-2008, 02:17 AM
abadger
Real Talk

Rep Power: 22 abadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond repute
You're a good poster! - Tunney The brains of the outfit - Chunk Cheers, Calzaghe PWNED the yank, lacy-calzaghe all over again HAHA - ~Lucky13~ It's gonna be a long night tonight! - BatTheMan Top allround poster! Pizza owns! - KrisSilver 
For you and Joe - MizzzouMan 3K posts - T-97 cheers abadger we debate back and fourth and its good banter we dont have to always agree i respect your opinion though - Terrible... Thank you - boxing_prospect Great Poster - Dorian 
4k bro - Melly-Mel please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua freedom to the cornish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Left Hook Tua Thanks for the endless help champ.   I owe you one. - Spiegelo Help you stay up - T-97 
Welcome back abadger!!! - abosworth No Message - T-97 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
Surprised you didnt pick Calzaghe vs Lacy. I was wasted watching that fight, couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was convinced Joe had snorted a table full of coke.
If I chose a Joe one it would be Kessler, which I regard as an amazing performance from Joe.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:18 AM
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 192,155.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Holy ****! How could I forget Bernard Hopkins vs Tito. Still my number 1 is Guzman vs Barrios
Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 AM
ALT-Assassin
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT-Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,464.07

Quote:

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but for me that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
Calzaghe VS Manfredo: Did you see those combinations that Calzaghe threw.They were brilliant and percise with such amazing speed.I thought Manfredo was going to be seriously hurt from that barage of bombs.In my opinion the ref stopped it to late,someone could of been hurt.It didn't last long but when it was done,you knew people were going to talk about for decades like Hagler-Hearns,short but sweet.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:21 AM
abadger
Real Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
Calzaghe VS Manfredo: Did you see those combinations that Calzaghe threw.They were brilliant and percise with such amazing speed.I thought Manfredo was going to be seriously hurt from that barage of bombs.In my opinion the ref stopped it to late,someone could of been hurt.It didn't last long but when it was done,you knew people were going to talk about for decades like Hagler-Hearns,short but sweet.
Ha ha. How could I forget it?

What is your real answer?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:22 AM
american legend
Banned

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,944.58

Marquez getting up from the deck three times and getting a draw in the first fight against Pacquiao.