Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-11-2011, 11:30 PM
sunnydee
Contender

Rep Power: 4 sunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,771.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
No, he needs to take an English language course. If you're going to be interviewed constantly by the likes of CNN and 60 minutes, it'd be a good idea to be able to say more than 3 pre-programmed phrases.

"I'm just doing my job"

"I want to make fans happy and a lot of boxing in the ring"

"I want to help people"

If someone asks a question that can't be answered by those 3, he just gives a lot of 'ahhhhs' or just doesn't answer. You would think that Top Rank would get him a private language tutor, but his English has been limited to those phrases for like 5 years now. Even Marquez seems to be a better communicator in English than him now, JMM put in the work to learn the language and he's not 1/100th the celebrity Manny is in the U.S.
Pacquaio didnt understand the questions. He doesnt have anyone in his entourage preparing him for interviews correctly. That interview was painful to watch and at times I laughed out loud. His politics is a joke. I love Pacquiao as fighter , but not as a politician. Why is Arum campaigning for Pacquiao? I'm sure he has some sort of cut.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-11-2011, 11:33 PM
AFighter4U
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 AFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 109,593.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
No, he needs to take an English language course. If you're going to be interviewed constantly by the likes of CNN and 60 minutes, it'd be a good idea to be able to say more than 3 pre-programmed phrases.

"I'm just doing my job"

"I want to make fans happy and a lot of boxing in the ring"

"I want to help people"

If someone asks a question that can't be answered by those 3, he just gives a lot of 'ahhhhs' or just doesn't answer. You would think that Top Rank would get him a private language tutor, but his English has been limited to those phrases for like 5 years now. Even Marquez seems to be a better communicator in English than him now, JMM put in the work to learn the language and he's not 1/100th the celebrity Manny is in the U.S.
you should watch manny's interviews with jimmy kimmel.

i don't agree with mr kimmel's politics, but i like how he could formulate questions that allow manny to actually shine, in spite of his limited english.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:42 PM
sunnydee
Contender

Rep Power: 4 sunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud ofsunnydee has much to be proud of
Total Points: 6,771.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFighter4U View Post
you should watch manny's interviews with jimmy kimmel.

i don't agree with mr kimmel's politics, but i like how he could formulate questions that allow manny to actually shine, in spite of his limited english.
Jimmy Kimmel can be a jerk in interviews, but he likes Pacquiao. Kimmel helps Pacquiao with the answers. Piers Morgan questions were straight forward. Pacquiao is relying on his boxing popularity to advance his political career. His intelligence is in the ring not in academics.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:48 PM
AFighter4U
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 AFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 109,593.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydee View Post
Jimmy Kimmel can be a jerk in interviews, but he likes Pacquiao. Kimmel helps Pacquiao with the answers. Piers Morgan questions were straight forward. Pacquiao is relying on his boxing popularity to advance his political career. His intelligence is in the ring not in academics.
i agree with you there. its painful for me to watch him failing to answer those questions adequately.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 PM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 261,998,792,088,968.84
Total Points: 261,998,806,575,042.38
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas 
atg poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jaded AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

maybe you'll find this more interesting...Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez l & ll are being streamed on here...veetle pluggin required...

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4d31422bd033c
Old 11-12-2011, 04:56 AM
Cloud
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,051,318.19
I like ur avatar - zab191 For finishing 2nd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation To England - -Weltschmerz- 

Are people only just realising Piers is a **** interviewer?

He's one of the rudest and most irritating people on planet earth. So glad you Americans have to put up with him now...
Old 11-12-2011, 05:45 AM
JOM'S
MANILA ICE

Rep Power: 3797 JOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 285,776,022,600,269,408.00
Total Points: 285,776,022,600,276,800.00
happy holidays, ninong - BABYBOXER Beer pre! - led 'sa pa! - led sending gifts to friends today - serv blue parallelogram pre! - Chadmack 
gift giving time to friends - serv para sa mahihilig sa puday - Chadmack No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay Good poster - MANIAC310 
tagay mo pre - Talisayen isa pa pre para indi bitin. hehehehe - Talisayen last for the road para maganda ang tama - Talisayen cheers bro - lebrick *mwah* - led 
gift giving time to friends - guardian Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* couldn't green you for your china thread comment , so here's a beer enjoy! - HUGH JASS for a fellow pacman fan - sugarsmosley 
Childhood Cancer - Akinapepemo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Akinapepemo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - LeeVanCleef Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydee View Post
If Pacquiao answers in his own language (visayan) he will be giving more meaningful and heartfelt replies ....

English just dont translate that well specially if you have a Jerk interviewer....
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 AM
nj_evoixgsr
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 nj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 65,213.93

When you see him in 24/7 responding or speaking in his natural language he's not full of uhhhs, ahhhhs,, uhmmmmmmms. What does that tell you? He's not fluent in the language and it's not computing properly. I am annoyed with him not getting a translator so he doesn't sound like an idiot but he's trying because he needs to try to reach the american public somehow.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 71 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,098,132,069.25
Total Points: 50,228,436,187,865.78
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Terrible interview, not pacs fault though. I don't like that piers guy at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Are people only just realising Piers is a **** interviewer?

He's one of the rudest and most irritating people on planet earth. So glad you Americans have to put up with him now...
yeah he's an utter coont, I resent the fact he's on primetime tv in the US for that very reason
Old 11-12-2011, 11:33 AM
D4thincarnation
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,246,755,980,480,440.00
Total Points: 42,246,755,980,522,256.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded View Post
He's going to spar with Piers
I hope Pac knocks him out.