Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 133,213,114,382.19
Total Points: 134,213,357,995.05
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Katsidis brought pressure but he just wasn't accurate enough to score a decision win. The scorecards were very off though and it's possible that Katsidis wouldn't have won a decision even if he had deserved it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 682,398,236,892.32
Total Points: 682,505,311,196.72
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrano View Post
I'm not a big fan, just like his style. And I LOATHE the style of Burns, he's so overated, screw him. He'll get wasted soon enuff, when he steps up and faces a guy who isn't washed up, like Rios or DeMarco or Guerrero.
The thing is hes not overrated I have never seen anyone talk the guy up to be some kind of world beater. He’s a good honest pro getting on with his career and that was a big win for him, he’s not scared to lose wants big fights and imo is a credit to boxing.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Drunk Punch
In Asian

Rep Power: 20 Drunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 387,503,947,950.40
Total Points: 407,554,043,564.48
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

No he clearly lost. It was a bit closer than the score cards but a loss all the same.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,828,128.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lowkey- View Post
The score cards where wider than they should have been but the right guy still won so how is it a robbery?

You also have to remember the state Mitchell came into the ring against Kats he was going through well documented personal problems (I believe he still is) and he had a terrible training camp.

Kats may well be on the slide but if you take the kind of punishment Kats does in everyone of his fight you will never get any longevity in the boxing game.

Burns was stepping up in weight and was the underdog he should get props for close but deserved win.
So I guess you are one of those lame Brits who keep blowing up the few famous fighters they have? Burns is 5'10! Its not like he's some tiny-azz natural sfw like Bobby Chacon! He's supposed to move up, he was fricking huge for a sfw!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:17 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So I guess you are one of those lame Brits who keep blowing up the few famous fighters they have? Burns is 5'10! Its not like he's some tiny-azz natural sfw like Bobby Chacon! He's supposed to move up, he was fricking huge for a sfw!
Listen up I***8217;m English Burns is Scottish generally speaking the English and Scottish are not the best of friends.

But forget that nationalistic crap I don***8217;t care either way and I especially don***8217;t support fighters just because they happen to be born on the same lump of rock I was.

So what if he is 5ft10 people have different frames he can fight at any weight he is comfortable at Mike Tyson is 5ft10 maybe Burns should move up to heavyweight?

At the end of the day he moved up a weight division took on a good tough fighter who is always game and won fair and square.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Listen up I’m English Burns is Scottish generally speaking the English and Scottish are not the best of friends.

But forget that nationalistic crap I don’t care either way and I especially don’t support fighters just because they happen to be born on the same lump of rock I was.

So what if he is 5ft10 people have different frames he can fight at any weight he is comfortable at Mike Tyson is 5ft10 maybe Burns should move up to heavyweight?

At the end of the day he moved up a weight division took on a good tough fighter who is always game and won fair and square.
Doesnt matter, when a Brit is up against a foreign guy, its all the same if he's English or Scottish, NOBODY is gonna root for a Greek Aussie, are they? Nobody sane anyway. Maybe only extremous anti-Scots. Burns also got a questionable decision against Evensen, a guy half his size. And youre talkin absolute bollocks there with that Tyson comparison.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 AM
House of Stone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,242,273,296.51
Total Points: 241,292,365,150.87
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner Pretend Its Klitsckos and sit on it... LOL - afiln Kick this keyboard warrior. - Weltschmerz One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas 

no I was rooting for katsidis but burns won that. The cards might have been a little wide but I still had burns by a couple of rounds
Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Quote:
Doesnt matter, when a Brit is up against a foreign guy, its all the same if he's English or Scottish, NOBODY is gonna root for a Greek Aussie, are they? Nobody sane anyway. Maybe only extremous anti-Scots. Burns also got a questionable decision against Evensen, a guy half his size. And youre talkin absolute bollocks there with that Tyson comparison.
Again don’t care about nationalistic crap im not patriotic i don’t even know why I’m trying to justify myself but im just going to say this for the record my mothers parents came to England as Greek immigrants.

The Tyson comparison was being sarcastic surely you should know there are things called ‘weight classes in boxing’ not ‘Height classes’ its pretty simple stuff.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Dirk Diggler UK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,385,017,327,247.28
Total Points: 4,406,266,198,593.96
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein 

Quote:
Im English. I was rooting for Katsidis. I thought Burns was a lucky bum who would get knocked out. Questionable decision against Evensen? LOL....you cant score fights.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Again don***8217;t care about nationalistic crap im not patriotic i don***8217;t even know why I***8217;m trying to justify myself but im just going to say this for the record my mothers parents came to England as Greek immigrants.

The Tyson comparison was being sarcastic surely you should know there are things called ***8216;weight classes in boxing***8217; not ***8216;Height classes***8217; its pretty simple stuff.
And I thought you knew about the weight-scam of today. Its common, guys lose a lot before the weigh in and then gain a lot by fight night. Burns was never a sfw. He's barely a lw. Not a natural one I mean. Cmon, you expecting me to believe a 178 cm guy can NATURALLY weigh below 60 kilos? He don't look anorectic to me.