Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
KingDosia
Vanilla Gorilla

Rep Power: 86 KingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 520,863,827.03
Total Points: 521,006,380.00
Thanks for always talking shit about me - Mike Tyson77 Have a whooper, son - Mike Tyson77 Here's your dildo back - Mike Tyson77 For The A.L, Whilst You Take A Piss - jarulejt I wanna drown in the ocean, just to see what's it 's like - Mike Tyson77 
Sit on this, retard. - Jim Jeffries You are a K9 encyclopedia. - ABOSWORTH Dailymile is GREAT, thanks!!! - El Pozolero Thanks!!! - El Pozolero Thanks!!! - El Pozolero 
Thanks!!! - El Pozolero Thanks!!! - El Pozolero No Message - Dorian.. 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - rorymac Childhood Cancer - rorymac Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - rorymac Childhood Cancer - rorymac 
Default What it's like to fight Manny Pacquiao

An interview with David Diaz; I know it's an NSB thread, and I can't stand to here about Pacqiao or Mayweather any longer. But, I thought this was interesting.

Quote:
Then the bell rang. I’ve honestly never fought anybody like that before in my life. I faced some pretty fast guys in the amateurs, like Zab Judah for example, but nobody with Pacquiao’s combination of speed and accuracy. Most fast fighters just throw a lot of punches without worrying about whether they all land; Manny isn’t like that. He hits you with one shot, and then the next shot is coming right behind it, and that one lands too. It’s just unbelievable.

And his defense was better than I expected too. He never stayed in one spot. I’d have to go chase him down all the time. I wanted to get him in the corner or get him on the ropes, but he was very elusive.

I would compare the experience of fighting Pacquiao to getting caught in a hail storm. You know how hail comes down really hard and fast? It won’t knock you out, but it’s annoying and it’s just hitting you all the time and there’s nothing you can do about it. That’s how I felt fighting Pacquiao. His punches aren’t necessarily hurting you, but you’re caught in a hail storm and you’re just like, “Man, where the hell is it coming from?” If I tried to keep my right hand up to block the left hand, then I left the other side open and he just kept finding ways to hit me.

Of course, he did knock me out, so I can’t claim that none of his punches were hard. As they say, the punch that knocks you out is always the one you don’t see coming. Well, I literally did not see that punch coming. I tried to get away from his jab and I turned my face, and when I came back — BOOM! I walked into his left hand. I definitely lost consciousness for a moment. I just remember being like, Whoa, what happened? I tried getting up, and the ref said, “No, no, stay there.” And I’m like, “All right, cool.”

Hey, there’s no shame for me in losing that fight. I was in there with a super-human force that night. Pacquiao was awesome, and I take my hat off to him.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
r ! zilient
i box oranges

Rep Power: 13 r ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond reputer ! zilient has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,253,638,414.20
Total Points: 241,253,674,821.07
Wellcum! - GOAT86 bottoms up n00b - -veteran420- for when i pull out :D - -veteran420- my hero - Reggie Miller get some more veggies for your kids - GOAT86 
I take you to the candy shop - GOAT86 Cause you my homie, and deserve a Medal of Honor bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! for resilient muffs only - GOAT86 for the nicaraguan patron - GOAT86 some gloss for the rizzah - D.I.E.S.E.L 
read one more bible - GOAT86 Closet-Nympho needs more tissues - GOAT86 A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! it's about tiiiiime - GOAT86 For being a Nicaraguan champion - Cuauhtémoc1502 
sup my man - MELLY-MEL... porque eres un pinche Nika - Cuauhtémoc1502 Son!!!!!!! - MELLY-MEL... cheers! would send you a beer but just woke up so a coffee is what i'm drinking right now! - jose830 Lana Goat!!!!! - Alx. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GOAT86 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - GOAT86 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Nani Loc 

nice read

he sounds like a very gracious man.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Growth
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Growth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond reputeGrowth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 247,961,358,870,396.97
Total Points: 247,961,358,871,455.53

That was a real good fight! Didn't Diaz beat Margarito for that belt?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
KingDosia
Vanilla Gorilla

Rep Power: 86 KingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond reputeKingDosia has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for always talking shit about me - Mike Tyson77 Have a whooper, son - Mike Tyson77 Here's your dildo back - Mike Tyson77 For The A.L, Whilst You Take A Piss - jarulejt I wanna drown in the ocean, just to see what's it 's like - Mike Tyson77 
Sit on this, retard. - Jim Jeffries You are a K9 encyclopedia. - ABOSWORTH Dailymile is GREAT, thanks!!! - El Pozolero Thanks!!! - El Pozolero Thanks!!! - El Pozolero 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - rorymac Childhood Cancer - rorymac Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - rorymac Childhood Cancer - rorymac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
nice read

It's pretty admirable that he can speak so highly of him. Thats not usually the case. Though, JMM has been giving him a lot of respect leading up to this weekend even though he believes he won the first two fights.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
KingDosia
Vanilla Gorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growth View Post
That was a real good fight! Didn't Diaz beat Margarito for that belt?
He beat Erik Morales for the belt he lost to Pac
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 PM
The Noose
AKA Bobby Pazuzu

Rep Power: 332 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,300,765,149.64
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 

Nice

Makes a change from "He's good, but i had an off night.....my preparation could have been better.......it was the refs fault....etc etc"
Old 11-09-2011, 04:08 PM
KingDosia
Vanilla Gorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Nice

Makes a change from "He's good, but i had an off night.....my preparation could have been better.......it was the refs fault....etc etc"
Isn't it though?
What you mentioned was the type of response I expected when I read the interview. I'm a little tired of reading about Pacquiao, but I was glad this one was done.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
sigrab
gravity sucks

Rep Power: 49 sigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond reputesigrab has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,795,821,958,126,587.00
Total Points: 2,796,567,883,477,669.50
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest ATG.. - Dorian.. thanks for everything - Ether ready for football season bro - Ether 
*mwah* - led dead body inside, bro.. - Ether youre the man! - Tulisanto Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry xmas to you and your family bro. - Ether 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - - v e t - 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - - v e t - Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - - v e t - 

Nice read.

Thanks for posting.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
CrackYourJaw
The Boston Celtics

Rep Power: 20 CrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond reputeCrackYourJaw has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,296,247,934.33
Total Points: 13,920,840,414.12
youre a good poster...have your first gift - Kevin Jesus Here's your well earned 2nd! - jazluvr Cheers bro - dancovboxer 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler jr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Kevin- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -Kevin- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -Kevin- 
Childhood Cancer - -Kevin- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dorian.. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Diaz seems like a cool dude.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:04 PM
KING MEAT
Dorian's Protege

Rep Power: 65 KING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,639,550,315,127,982.50
Total Points: 1,645,092,585,986,246.50
No Message - tennishero Have one on me pre - led Keep your used vibrator to yourself :puke: - Bossy blue parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier Thanks pre! - led 
Stay in Shape! - D.I.E.S.E.L Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 slickest pinoybro on boxingscene - thuggery 
#FREE KING MEAT #JUSTICEFORMEAT - thuggery I am replacing your 3k ring hon. - led* damn meat they were good , i couldn't green you again so here have a drink on me bro!! - HUGH JASS FREE KING MEAT - thuggery Cheers! - Enayze 
for you my aesthetic midget - Alx. Cool vato - CatchweightKing For your awesome Tyson/Holyfield gif - Sugar Booger Because you have good goddamn taste.(outside of boxing :P) - DannYankee09 Cheers, we'll play again - valero 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - peyk-peyk AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jose830 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
nice read

talking highly of pac was part of the deal when he added an extra 200k to his 800k purse to make it a million payday.