Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
copablack
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,167.01
Default Wow

I'm glad your not an official judge cause I can't believe you had that fight close! Angulo was gassed and looked horrible before the knock down on Kirkland cause he caught him with a lucky punch in the exchange and after that he PUNCHED HIMSELF OUT no matter if he landed or not he got gassed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
Actually I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, Angulo did not punch himself out, just rewatched the fight last night with the wife.
What I saw was when Angulo did score his knock down he went after Kirkland and did land more shots than he missed, Sure he threw alot of punches but most did land on Kirkland or on Kirklands gloves.

Rounds 2 and 3 you can argue Angulo won those rounds so if you score the first 10-9 either way and give Angulo the 2nd and 3rd, and give Kirkland rounds 4 and 5 you have scores that are consistent with the judges.

What I saw was Angulo in rounds 2 and 3 go after the finish, Kirkland weathered the storm and scored his own shots turning it on in rounds 4 and 5 and closed the show.

in other words it was a war, and Kirkland just whipped the dog **** out of El Perro... he survived the tuff spots and did his thing. what contributed to Angulos loss, was that Angulo just doesnt have a defense, he did not look like he was taking those shots very well at all, kirklands power and sharper shots won the fight.

and it came down to that it came down to who ever could weather the early war Kirkland could and Angulo could not, he wasnt gassed he was hurt badly from the end of round 1 on... and tried to fight his way out of it and paid the price...

I was wrong to me it looked at first like Angulo punched himself out but after rewatching it, it was beaten out of him
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM
x3_bazooka_x3
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 x3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 122,669.12
Total Points: 30,151,714.52
To boxing! Take care, man! - TintaBoricua 

I didnt have the fight close what I said was you could argue rounds 2 and 3 in favor of Angulo, and if you did score rounds 2 and 3 for angulo and scored 4 and 5 for Kirkland round one is a 10-9 round either way you score it I gave that to Kirkland who did more damage but it depends on how you saw that round so that means if rounds 2 and 3 are given to Angulo rounds 1, 4 and 5 make it a one point lead for kirkland going into the sixth.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,709,139.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

I just found this quote from Kirkland himself in a thread made by HUGEBOXINGFAN.

If anyone knows, it's Kirkland himself. Notice how Kirk says the knockdown was the reason Angulo wasn't the same:

"I knew for a fact that when he came out for the second round, he was not the same fighter," Kirkland said. "My knockdown hurt him. His knockdown startled me more than anything else. When I got hit I just said to myself, 'James, what are you doing? Stay focused, calm down and relax.'"

While the knockdown didn't hurt him, Kirkland said the series of body shots Angulo followed up with nearly ended the fight.

"He has sneaky body shots that you don't even see," Kirkland said. "I wanted him to go to the head. Those were some strong body shots. I kept trying to hold him because I knew if kept standing in front of those shots it would be trouble for me. I stayed away just long enough to get myself back together."

Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-10-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Battle*Hardened
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Battle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these parts
Bank: 296,955,337.90
Total Points: 317,999,476.57

Quote:
I didnt have the fight close what I said was you could argue rounds 2 and 3 in favor of Angulo, and if you did score rounds 2 and 3 for angulo and scored 4 and 5 for Kirkland round one is a 10-9 round either way you score it I gave that to Kirkland who did more damage but it depends on how you saw that round so that means if rounds 2 and 3 are given to Angulo rounds 1, 4 and 5 make it a one point lead for kirkland going into the sixth.
Theres no way you can argue rd 2 for Angulo. Just no way. Maybe 3 but I still say no.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
x3_bazooka_x3
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 x3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
I just found this qoute from Kirkland himself in a thread made by HUGEBOXINGFAN.

If anyone knows, it's Kirkland himself. Notice how Kirk says the knockdown was the reason Angulo wasn't the same:

"I knew for a fact that when he came out for the second round, he was not the same fighter," Kirkland said. "My knockdown hurt him. His knockdown startled me more than anything else. When I got hit I just said to myself, 'James, what are you doing? Stay focused, calm down and relax.'"

While the knockdown didn't hurt him, Kirkland said the series of body shots Angulo followed up with nearly ended the fight.

"He has sneaky body shots that you don't even see," Kirkland said. "I wanted him to go to the head. Those were some strong body shots. I kept trying to hold him because I knew if kept standing in front of those shots it would be trouble for me. I stayed away just long enough to get myself back together."
Pretty much what I saw the 2nd time round, its amazing how when you hear Roy jones and the commentators they can sway your view of the fight by what they are saying.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
BOLLOCKS
Surrender Dorothy!

Rep Power: 252 BOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,123,679,494,441,847.25
Total Points: 2,123,973,445,730,024.75
Cookie time! - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz 
my nikka - -veteran420- my nikka - -veteran420- my nikka - aye, cunts my nikka - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- 
Cookies? Who told you can eat my cookies!?!?! - Old Coward For all the times you helped me get back to E-Millionaire status.  Thanks bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! Thanks! - jazluvr loc.. - Ether merry xmas - Subtraction 
Merry Christmas - Flab No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Here's for ur cookie, cunt. - led* thug life - lanigav 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Mustang Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Old Coward 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sh!thead Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - + rizilient + Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MAЯA Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - The Underboss Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 
Send a message via MSN to BOLLOCKS Send a message via Yahoo to BOLLOCKS Send a message via Skype™ to BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
No way. Had Angulo fought more measured Kirkland would not have survived. But, its an IF.

I want to see a rematch.
Co-Signed, rematch!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:26 PM
x3_bazooka_x3
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
Theres no way you can argue rd 2 for Angulo. Just no way. Maybe 3 but I still say no.
Actually I hate to disagree here, even though I didnt score the 2nd for Angulo, he was hitting Kirkland still in that round with big shots, and it looked like he too was getting damage done as well, in Mexico yes you could score that round for Angulo
Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,709,139.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Pretty much what I saw the 2nd time round, its amazing how when you hear Roy jones and the commentators they can sway your view of the fight by what they are saying.
Agreed.

Normally, I agree with what Roy says. I think he's an outstanding commentator. But the only reason I agree with him is because 9 times out of 10, he takes the words right out my mouth. But when push comes to shove, I've learned to make my own assessment.

Roy said another interesting thing after the fight. He said, when Anne Wolfe told him about their training before the fight, it slightly swayed his opinion on how the fight would play out. This told me that Roy picked Angulo to win the fight to begin with. I think when Roy said Angulo punched himself out, he was trying to make sense of the situation on why a guy he thought was strong and would win, was doing the complete opposite.

Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:36 PM
x3_bazooka_x3
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
Agreed.

Normally, I agree with what Roy says. I think he's an outstanding commentator. But the only reason I agree with him is because 9 times out of 10, he takes the words right out my mouth. But when push comes to shove, I've learned to make my own assessment.

Roy said another interesting thing after the fight. He said, when Anne Wolfe told him about their training before the fight, it slightly swayed his opinion on how the fight would play out. This told me that Roy picked Angulo to win the fight to begin with. I think when Roy said Angulo punched himself out, he was trying to make sense of the situation on why a guy he thought was strong and would win, was doing the complete opposite.
agreed, but not only that Roy also mentioned he sparred with Angulo and when that happens you develop a friendship quite often and I think in his mind and in his heart he wanted Angulo to win
Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
BMWM3P
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 BMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond reputeBMWM3P has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 216,099,573,280.92
Total Points: 216,099,594,859.81
It's a tough job put you wipe Miguel's sack well - Live Dog A toast to another Cotto victory! - The Surgeon Goodluck May 5th Boricua! - Very Rich Man 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - shade darkar AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - shade darkar Autism - shade darkar Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shade darkar 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - shade darkar 

Angulo didn't win a single round specially the second anyone who argues otherwise is either a butthurt mexican fanboy or retarded. Angulo threw too many punches but Kirkland's solid punches specially that huge uppercut had a lot more impact on this fight than Angulo supposedly punching himself out. If the guy can't throw that many punches in the first round and have something left for the rest of the fight he doesn't have any business fighting at this level.