Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Flip Homansky replaced from NSAC!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Flip Homansky replaced from NSAC!!!

This is an example of more garabe boxing politics and this is something that Mr. Pedro Fernandez from ringtalk.com said would happen. I can't believe it, and I feel sorry for Flip, hes the best thing that happened to the NSAC

Homansky bounced from commission!

November 4, 2005

Dr. Flip Homansky has been surprisingly replaced on the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Governor Kenny Guinn appointed investor Theodore T.J. Day in place of Homansky while reappointing Skip Avansino. Homansky had been the commission's longest-standing member and a tireless advocate for boxer safety.

Guinn did not specify why Homansky was removed, instead praising him as "a real asset to the Athletic Commission throughout his years of service," and thanking him for "a job well done."

The Governor lauded Day as "one of Nevada’s leading citizens." Day is Chairman of the Dacole Company, a private investment firm in Reno. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of several businesses and organizations.

"I am honored by the Governor’s appointment to the Athletic Commission," commented Day. "I will do my best to serve with distinction. I’d like to thank Governor Guinn for his confidence in selecting me for this important position."
Working...
X