No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bute, Johnson Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Bute, Johnson Face To Face at Final Presser

IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (29-0, 24 KOs) met face to face with former champ Glen “The Road Warrior” Johnson (51-15-2, 35 KOs) at their final press conference in Quebec City. They collide this Saturday night in a Showtime televised main event from the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City, Canada. In the televised co-feature, Pier-Olivier Cote (17-0, 11 KOs) faces Jorge Luis Teron (25-2-1, 17 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

perhaps its just the light but they both look like they are having trouble with the weight

johnson looks very different from his days at 175

you've got to wonder how long both guys will be SMW

LHW in 1.5-2 years is going to be unbelievably stacked

Comment

Great Fight !!!......Bute 1 of my favorites fighters.......

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        perhaps its just the light but they both look like they are having trouble with the weight

I agree but the problem is going to be getting the best to fight each other. Hopefully they will all step up to the plate and take on the hardest challenges out there.

Comment

Let's go Road Warrior!

Comment

ya they are butes hair is very light and johnsons lips are very dry

Comment

If Bute handles his business then it sets up a very interesting fight next year against the super six winner. Which will be Ward but I'll save that argument for another time

Comment

Wasn't it Bute who came in against Miranda at 190 or something with Miranda being like 193 fight night? I think some fighters are forcing themselves to make weight classes that they shouldn't be in. Ballooning up more then 20 pounds sounds insane to me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Wasn't it Bute who came in against Miranda at 190 or something with Miranda being like 193 fight night? I think some fighters are forcing themselves to make weight classes that they shouldn't be in. Ballooning up more then 20 pounds sounds insane to me.
                    Bute was 181 and 183 in the Andrade II and Miranda fights. Miranda was even heavier at 185 or 86.

Back in 2006 against Bika Bute showed pretty big flaws with his inside game, on the very rare occasion Bika did get inside. In recent years he's shown good improvements but against Johnson it should be tested in a way that probably no one else would be capable of doing.
                    Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 11-02-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X