Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Artician
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Artician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,790.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Cow View Post
UFC fight comes on 9et/6pst...Pac-JMM PPv starts @the same time

and how is Pac bigger than Floyd in popularity when he doesnt sell more PPVs?
UFC on Fox will be just an hour show from 9-10et. so im sure its done before the undercards are finished.

Based on their last PPV's Pac outsells May. No? its 2011 not 2010.

Last edited by Artician; 10-31-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Cash Cow
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Cash Cow has a spectacular aura aboutCash Cow has a spectacular aura aboutCash Cow has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 57,870,692.36
Total Points: 58,348,474.18
some green K later for hard work - HaglerSteelChin Green :) - dancovboxer 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr449 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc19titles View Post
Where is the proof it did 1m ppv buys? there you go, no proof as you just said

Your bs has been exposed once again.

Boxing writers have said it has done 1.3m buys, (neutral writers), Arum said weeks before he was unsure on the exact number but said its between 1.1 and 1.4m ppv buys.

There could be a number of reasons official numbers are not released, probably the same reason as floyds not being OFFICIALLY released, due to tax reasons.
The reason Arum gave for the lag in getting pay-per-view numbers and for why he is unsure of more precise totals is because Showtime, largely out of the pay-per-view business in recent years, does not have the kind of database and expertise to extrapolate numbers like HBO does.

"We know we have a little over 1.3 million," Arum said. "What we don't have are some of the smaller cable systems. What I'm saying is I know we go to the bank counting a little over a 1.3 million. I know we'll go up from there. How much up, I have no experience in this. This was all done for us in the past by HBO, which had experience, charts and all kinds of data from past fights to compare the fight to. Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million.

"How far over we are remains to be seen, and I have no way to make a prediction. Obviously, on the outstanding systems we did something. So that will determine how much above 1.3 million. But I don't think we have enough outstanding numbers to say we will be over 1.4 million, so I think we will wind up somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million."

none of these #'s are official...just predictions by Arum....it clearly says that in the article. he says..."Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million"

Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 PM
BIGBOXINGFAN
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 BIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these parts
Bank: 779,905,222,528.75
Total Points: 799,916,376,331.77
Good post. - FeFist No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Pacquiao-Mosley didnt do a million PPVs and Mosley is more known than Marquez. With the recent PPV's in boxing like Mayweather-Ortiz and Hopkins-Dawson leaving fans pissed off, do you see fans shelling out another $60 for Pacquiao-Marquez? Both fighters are foreign fighters and Marquez's biggest PPV was vs Mayweather.

UFC is giving a free card on FOX that same night.

If this fight doesnt break a million PPVs will this force Arum to finally want to make the fight since it would be obvious (especially after the Mosley-Pac fight didnt do a million), that fans are no longer interested in Pacquiao fighting anyone but Mayweather?

How likely is it that Pacquiao-Marquez III breaks a million PPV's?

Pacquiao vs Clottey did 700,000 ppv and that didn't force Bob to put Pacman in the ring with Floyd.

With that said......Pacquiao vs Marquez will do 1 million easy.

Only about 40,000 - 50,000 bought Hopkins vs Dawson , so not many fans to be pissed off about that fight.

As far as May vs Ortiz.........I got my money's worth, and alot of people I know enjoyed watching Ortiz go to sleep.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Artician
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Artician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these partsArtician is infamous around these parts

Plus the 24/7 is doing a really good job. I can see casual boxing fans getting hyped up and excited about it.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Toyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Toyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond reputeToyman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,035,692.58
floyd fairy killer - Panginoon Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 

Dan Rafael: Mayweather-Ortiz does 1.25 million

Dan Rafael: Pac-Mosley does 1.3 million

However, one is a lie and one is true?

Old 10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Slip Stream
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Slip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,001,041,668.65
For your solid contributions - JAB5239 To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Manny's fights don't sell as well as Floyd's, so it's probably a given that it won't do as well. If you stack Manny's fights next to Floyd's, Floyd sells better, obviously he doesn't fight as often but the guy has the top three PPV's of all time under his belt.

As much as I'd like to think that folks tune into a match for the match itself, I'm not so sure that's completely true. I think boxing fans buy the fighter and the personality. Manny Pacquiao is a demon from hell in the ring but on "24/7" he's a dead bug eyed carp roasting in the summer sun. Because of the language barrier, Manny's true personality can't be communicated effectively for promotional purposes, so I think it naturally makes sense that a U.S. fighter would do better here than in, let's say, the Phillipines.

The only thing that will make Mayweather vs Pacquiao happen is if Bob Arum and Floyd Mayweather come to some sort of arrangement, that's it.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:10 PM
ThePrince
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 ThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 770,615,527,227.66
Total Points: 771,443,376,406.03
you're a good poster...have a beer - -pound4pound- who drinks just one beer? have another 1 - -pound4pound- No Message - Come∂ian No Message - Come∂ian No Message - jrosales13 
Ran out of green :/ cheers buddy - Beercules 

If you don't think Pacquiao-Marquez breaks a million after Pacquiao-Margarito (1.2 mil) and Pacquiao-Mosley (1.3 mil) did well over that barrier back-to-back despite being unpopular 'boycotted' fights, put your money where your mouth is. Put your account up, it's ***** hunting season, I'll kill 2 birds with one stone that night.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Artician
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Stream View Post
Manny's fights don't sell as well as Floyd's, so it's probably a given that it won't do as well. If you stack Manny's fights next to Floyd's, Floyd sells better, obviously he doesn't fight as often but the guy has the top three PPV's of all time under his belt.

As much as I'd like to think that folks tune into a match for the match itself, I'm not so sure that's completely true. I think boxing fans buy the fighter and the personality. Manny Pacquiao is a demon from hell in the ring but on "24/7" he's a dead bug eyed carp roasting in the summer sun. Because of the language barrier, Manny's true personality can't be communicated effectively for promotional purposes, so I think it naturally makes sense that a U.S. fighter would do better here than in, let's say, the Phillipines.

The only thing that will make Mayweather vs Pacquiao happen is if Bob Arum and Floyd Mayweather come to some sort of arrangement, that's it.
I agree Pac is dead boring outside the ring. But I believe Pac and May sells differently, while Floyd does it well with his mouth and attitude outside the ring, Pac has his previous performances does it for him. Completely different.

Imo, Floyd's PPV will be on the decline starting his last fight if he doesnt step up. Casual as well as hardcore boxing fans were saying they wont buy Floyd's next ppv if he's not fighting Pac, I'm sure you too already heard that.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM
AnimalisticMeth
Casper the friendly Cotto

Rep Power: 16 AnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,945,072.44
It's really a hi-def 46&amp;quot; lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

If Mayweather-Marquez didn't happen this fight would bring like 1.4 million buys but as it is right now I see this fight doing from 900K to 1.1 million buys.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Cgarcia
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Cgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 159,623,366,549.24
Total Points: 159,623,388,751.10

Quote:
Pacquiao-Mosley didnt do a million PPVs and Mosley is more known than Marquez. With the recent PPV's in boxing like Mayweather-Ortiz and Hopkins-Dawson leaving fans pissed off, do you see fans shelling out another $60 for Pacquiao-Marquez? Both fighters are foreign fighters and Marquez's biggest PPV was vs Mayweather.

UFC is giving a free card on FOX that same night.

If this fight doesnt break a million PPVs will this force Arum to finally want to make the fight since it would be obvious (especially after the Mosley-Pac fight didnt do a million), that fans are no longer interested in Pacquiao fighting anyone but Mayweather?

How likely is it that Pacquiao-Marquez III breaks a million PPV's?
Funny that this TS is only focused on one side of the coin. What if the reversed happened, what then? Would it force Mayweather to finally negotiate with Arum?

Why not just man up and fight regardless of this PPV bullsh1t?

;-)