Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,168,068,217.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 
Default Freddie Roach picking Andre Ward to beat Carl Froch

''You know, I picked Andre (Ward) to win that tournament from the beginning," he said.

"Hes a very great boxer. I think hes a much better boxer than given credit for.

"Froch has really looked good though. He's game and he comes to fight. I think its a very good fight, but I picked Ward to be the winner of that tournament and I still stand by that."

http://www.crunchsports.com/category...-201110280023/
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,748,909,741,757.38
Total Points: 1,748,918,679,450.19
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

Smart guy that Freddie Roach.

Ward has everything it takes to take the p4p crown from Pac and Mayweather.

When Roach says he's a better boxer than he's given credit for I have to agree even considering most people have given him quite a bit of credit already. I see him as being similar to Mayweather in that he will fight to the level of his competition in the sense that he is only concerned with doing what he has to win. This means he doesn't take too many risks and isn't concerned with engaging in "exciting" fights just for the sake of saying he did.

If Ward is to be a great fighter then this upcoming fight with Froch is going to go a long way towards showing that potential. Froch is going to come to fight and I expect him to push Ward farther than any previos opponent has.

Froch has a great chin, but he was also stunned by a single shot by Dirrell and put down by Taylor so it's not out of the realm that Ward lands a couple shots Froch doesn't see coming and finishes him off in style. I expect more of a 8-4 or 9-3 round scoring in favor of Ward, but a KO would really make an emphatic statement to the fans and other fighters.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Sparked_1985
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Sparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 195,426,850.12
To start off your collection and for being a good poster. - S a m u r a i To an entertaining fella - don't lose this account!! - KrisSilver Tia Maria and Lucozade for the man. - Chunk No Message - Sir TomJones Prepare the champagne. We are finally gonna win the CL with Hiddink on the team. - cannonball_X 
No Message - Sir TomJones 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 

He should win.

I don't know how Froch wins unless Ward just wilts but he seems as tough as old boots.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Medved
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Medved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,313,067,849,262.50
Total Points: 9,488,067,943,112.90
Thanks you - Devils Advocate one of our best posters - Freedom. Have a beer for many stellar posts on the K-Bros! - ChopperRead That post of yours had me laughing my butt off.  Good stuff. - Rip Chudd No Message - dancovboxer 
Cheers for the stream &amp; joining in the thread, great chat - dancovboxer Keep up the comedy - rorymac You deserve it - Rocky... for helping bombs the great - Bombs No Message - rorymac 
Season 2 Champion of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; happy New years bro! - dan_cov 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S H O B O X Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willie Swindler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat 

An American picking another American to win in America because all of his fights are in his Backyard. with American judges?

Color me SHOCKED!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Jay Volcano
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Jay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8.49
Total Points: 5,556,556,593,235.39

Ward is pretty much everybody's choice against Froch. Even if he'll win the Super Six tournament, I don't think he can win against Lucian Bute. For me, that will be the ultimate test for Ward. Until that match will happen, I'll be more cautious regarding his qualities.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 AM
SplitSecond
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 39 SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,975,499,294.33
Total Points: 119,206,718,252.68
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post
Smart guy that Freddie Roach.

Ward has everything it takes to take the p4p crown from Pac and Mayweather.

When Roach says he's a better boxer than he's given credit for I have to agree even considering most people have given him quite a bit of credit already. I see him as being similar to Mayweather in that he will fight to the level of his competition in the sense that he is only concerned with doing what he has to win. This means he doesn't take too many risks and isn't concerned with engaging in "exciting" fights just for the sake of saying he did.

If Ward is to be a great fighter then this upcoming fight with Froch is going to go a long way towards showing that potential. Froch is going to come to fight and I expect him to push Ward farther than any previos opponent has.

Froch has a great chin, but he was also stunned by a single shot by Dirrell and put down by Taylor so it's not out of the realm that Ward lands a couple shots Froch doesn't see coming and finishes him off in style. I expect more of a 8-4 or 9-3 round scoring in favor of Ward, but a KO would really make an emphatic statement to the fans and other fighters.
except dirrell is actually a puncher and taylor is too
so i think it very much is outside the realm and would be a huge shocker
Old 10-29-2011, 11:16 AM
S.J. II
Banned

Rep Power: 0 S.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these partsS.J. II is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 7,639.10

Ward just does everything better than Froch.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:52 AM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 143 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,016,560,066,583.39
Total Points: 7,232,160,439,147.30
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

I got Ward taking this one too. He's just technically superior imo.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,240,552,507,651,037.00
Total Points: 5,269,772,623,813,714.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

I agree with Freddie.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:38 PM
freedom213
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 freedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,682,088,712.25
Total Points: 204,704,627,235.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh! View Post
except dirrell is actually a puncher and taylor is too
so i think it very much is outside the realm and would be a huge shocker

Dirrell a puncher? you high?

Ward wins a very lopsided fight and punishes Carl for his ****iness. Saying this I think that Froch is a champion level guy just a bad match up for him.

I would love to see Froch vs Bute, I think Froch breaks Bute down and KO's him late