Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
freedom213
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 freedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,691,794,997.08
Total Points: 203,714,330,177.62

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
That is definitely not what he should try and emmulate, because he can't execute it.

That worked because of Williams' work rate. Cotto can't throw 70 punches a round easily while dealing with Margarito's pressure. Williams' size and workrate let him do that and Marg still got to him late in the fight.

Cotto needs to do what Mosley did and that's smother Margarito when he closes the distance and unload with combos in the center of the ring as opposed to throwing with his back against the ropes. Turn him as much as you can but smothering Margarito is the most important thing he can do.
I think that will pretty much be the strategy or should be. Keep it in the center, smother the guy/clinch on the inside and jab his face off. Cotto also has to work that body which I think will be easier this time around for two reasons:

1. In the first fight Cotto elected to show off and use his legs early backing up and boxing, it worked but he paid a price. He allowed Margarito to get maximum leverage and power on his shots and lost power and opportunities to work the body on his own.

2. If he's smart Tony will keep that glove peeled to the right side of his face, hi guard will give Cotto a better target to work his left to the body.

This wont be an easy fight for Cotto unless Tony is affected much more than I think he will be from the Pacquiao beating. Cotto will have to be focused form beginning to end and willing to walk thru some fire from the the Plaster terminator.

Cotto is a much harder puncher than Williams, he will have to make Margarito think about the jab as Tony attempts to move in. Cotto also needs to get his combos and right hand working in this fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
jazluvr
weight drained

Rep Power: 617 jazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond reputejazluvr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,160,627,798,644,368.00
Total Points: 52,160,627,798,699,872.00
happy independence day jazzy sir! - HUGH JASS Stay cool! Here's a pop :fing02: - jose830 cheers! - lebrick Great and humble poster. - WARQUEZ *Jose, i can always count on you to make me laugh* Appreciate the comment... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a Tropical Fish :fing02: - jose830 
good poster - torosboxing75 Merry Christmas jaz - TBear cheers!!! Happy 2014 - -jose- Happy Holidays to you as well, bud! - Talisayen same to you, buddy! - peyk-peyk 
Happy New Year! - sweetpea87 Luv u my dude. Truly one of the scene's best. - WARQUEZ Long Live The King! King Cotto! - Da Boxer thanks bro - Dale Cardon super poster - Dale Cardon 
For one of the ATGs. The bad man Jazzy - WARQUEZ King Cotto, Ready for War! - Da Boxer a great today for cotto fans - he just beat sergio - jas lol you beat me to it WAR COTTO - -jose- To a special man and friend. - HughJass 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BABYBOXER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Syd Barrett Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gopi11 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - sweetpea87 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - acidity World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - acidity Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - guardian Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - guardian 
Childhood Cancer - guardian Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - guardian World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - guardian World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - codey Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - HUGH JASS Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS 

If he targets Tony's bad eye with that powerful jab, Tony will get distracted big time and like the above poster said, allow Cotto to get some body shots in, seeing as how that eye needs to be protected.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 752,330,786,030.29
Total Points: 852,352,064,770.92
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

Cotto won't be able to work the body unless he adds to his body punching repetoire.

Margarito tucked his elbows into his sides to pick off hooks to the body with his elbows. That's why Cotto didn't work the body, cause Margarito prepared for it. Cotto needs to develop a straight right to the center of the stomach, like Manny has with his left hand, otherwise Margarito will do the same thing and Cotto won't be able to work the body again.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
immortal tech
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 2,122,416,000.00
Total Points: 2,122,428,759.93
No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
I.T.! - MANIAC310 No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech No Message - immortal tech 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Phenom 

I think Clottey exposed him the most imo
Old 10-24-2011, 04:13 PM
KingTito
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 KingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,567,356,665.40
Total Points: 127,978,534,059.54
Keep up with the good posts!!!!!! - abosworth Good poster - Joshua Clottey for being a laker fan...salud - Makavelli Great Poster!! - jazluvr for rockin the Boza Edwards avi. - Tha Executioner 
mayorgas favorite food - sugarsmosley You speak the truth on Floyd, he is an insecure HATER - hectari 

Cotto isn't capable of doing that. He needs to box well, stay off the ropes, be in great shape and clinch when he needs to.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 113 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 919,740,034,122.06
Total Points: 3,196,740,341,215.15
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Terrible gameplan, sorry. Only reason Paul barely held on is because of his ridiculous activity and chin.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Dirk Diggler UK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,385,017,327,247.28
Total Points: 4,406,266,198,588.96
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein 

Yeah he should.

If he wants to get raped again.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 19,467,140,245,381.13
Total Points: 20,722,461,813,375.86
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. The Punisher threw about a 1000 punches literally, he had a granite chin & was actually bigger than Margarito. Cotto is smaller, chinny & suspect stamina.

Cotto just has to use that jab, move laterally instead of backing straight up & tie Margarito up in close.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 PM
ABOSWORTH
Fυck ESB

Rep Power: 290 ABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,649,032,590,567,087.00
Total Points: 2,649,032,599,493,631.50
Look!! Up in the sky!!...It's a bird!!...It's a plane!... - Bendigo A - S a m u r a i B - S a m u r a i O - S a m u r a i S - S a m u r a i 
! - S a m u r a i ! - S a m u r a i LOL - S a m u r a i 3 More... - S a m u r a i And... - S a m u r a i 
I'm done. - S a m u r a i cheers! - -PedoBear- Thanks for helping me out! - Stoppage - Stoppage No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- 
Respect to a true gent. - S a m u r a i No Message - -veteran420- A superman for the superman homie, take care you smart mothafukker - Tha_Greatest Thanks for the points champ. - Rip Chudd Happy Belated birthday - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Childhood Cancer - D.I.E.S.E.L Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Breakbeat 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BattlingNelson Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NewYork Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RED ARMY 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Jackal Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ИATAS206 

What, throw a shit load of punches whilst blocking all of your opponents punches with your face?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,379,003,396,083.97
Total Points: 1,379,012,318,468.79
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
What, throw a shit load of punches whilst blocking all of your opponents punches with your face?

Another thread that takes the retarded cake. No shortage of these lately.

"All this 5'6 guy needs to do is fight like he is 6'2 and throw twice as many punches as he ever has".

While he is at it maybe he should fight left handed and learn to slap his opponent instead of hitting him with a closed fist.