Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
AnimalisticMeth
Casper the friendly Cotto

Rep Power: 16 AnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,901,857.24
It's really a hi-def 46" lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Default The Paul Williams Blueprint For Beating Margarito Is The One Cotto Should Follow

If you watch Williams-Margarito you will see the way Williams was doing circles around Margarito and turning him after landing a combo. He also keep the fight in the center of the ring for the most part and put pressure Margarito. Obviously Cotto will not average 100 punches around but he can get 70 a round easily.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-24-2011, 01:57 PM
AnimalisticMeth

Rep Power: 16 AnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond repute
It's really a hi-def 46&amp;quot; lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

Old 10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 767,377,401,750.89
Total Points: 867,398,680,923.23
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

That is definitely not what he should try and emmulate, because he can't execute it.

That worked because of Williams' work rate. Cotto can't throw 70 punches a round easily while dealing with Margarito's pressure. Williams' size and workrate let him do that and Marg still got to him late in the fight.

Cotto needs to do what Mosley did and that's smother Margarito when he closes the distance and unload with combos in the center of the ring as opposed to throwing with his back against the ropes. Turn him as much as you can but smothering Margarito is the most important thing he can do.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Pugilistic™
Underrated

Rep Power: 30 Pugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,622,487,364,922.12
Total Points: 24,622,488,372,157.42
You the man.  Thanks again for the video - Spiegelo Thanks for the GIF and its perfect too - slicksouthpaw16 Gifs :D - T-97 a toast. to the greatest idiot ever......flawless. - Left Hook Tua Have a cookie you helpful bastard - Spiegelo 
5K Post Award (from a white guy who people think is black to another white guy who people think is black) - DWiens421 5k. Congrats. - Silencers have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead I support underage drinkin homey - mangler 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Good/great posters deserve recognition! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Cotto lacks the size/height, reach, stamina and durability that Williams has to be able to pull of what Williams did against Margarito.

Cotto needs to follow a similar game plan to what Mosley did.

Mosley stood his ground and forced Margarito to box, he would then use his superior speed to get his shots off first and he would then tie him up or turn him therefore not giving Margarito the opportunity to land his own punches in return.

All the above is alot easier said than done for Cotto, hopefully he can pull it off.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 153 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 993,286,456,470,799.25
Total Points: 2,096,241,075,633,496.75
Have a virtual beer on me. - F•R•K•O Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision 
Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 War Natas!!! - Old Coward 
Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jas Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - jas 

Throw a million punches and have an iron chin? Don't think that will work with cotto.

He's just got to do what he did the first fight - box, but also learn to clinch when he has to and better be in tip top shape to go full 12 rounds and not run out of steam.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
AntDawg
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 AntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond reputeAntDawg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 56,137.07
Melyssa ford's ass deserves a medal - kswizzy99 tarver is so overrated - Fat Buu 

I can't believe you said he should do what Williams did....I mean he still came close to losing anyways. I agree with the others. he should fight like how Mosley did(just with a little more polish)
Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,035,143,028,908.53
Total Points: 24,035,143,209,640.55
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
That is definitely not what he should try and emmulate, because he can't execute it.

That worked because of Williams' work rate. Cotto can't throw 70 punches a round easily while dealing with Margarito's pressure. Williams' size and workrate let him do that and Marg still got to him late in the fight.

Cotto needs to do what Mosley did and that's smother Margarito when he closes the distance and unload with combos in the center of the ring as opposed to throwing with his back against the ropes. Turn him as much as you can but smothering Margarito is the most important thing he can do.
^^^ I agree

Cotto's punch output isn't that of Williams (not even close). Williams' size also helped him operate the way he did. But similar to Mosley, Cotto can't let Margarito close the distance so much and when he does, smother him on the inside, then circle out or clinch. Thing about this fight though is, eventually it's going to be a fight. The question at the end of the day will be answered, who's got more left in the tank. As much as Cotto got beat up in the 1st fight, we can't ignore the beating(s) Margarito's taken since their 1st fight.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,199,398,470,893.40
Total Points: 26,199,398,582,358.30
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

No. Cotto will die after 5 rounds of doing that. He doesn't have the stamina nor the damage threshold to pull that off.

Cotto's best bet is to hit and run. Use his jab and then back off. Not bounce away. Pot-shot and get away. He needs to pot-shot and not waste any energy. That's the only way he can win. To fight like a bitch.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
AnimalisticMeth

It's really a hi-def 46&amp;quot; lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post

The thing is Wiliams didn't have to deal with Margarito pressure because he jumped Margarito from the start with his work rate. We know Cotto can't fight exactly like that but he can use a similar style to that of Williams by keeping his volume of punches from 60-70 and running circles around Margarito with the ocasional clinch. Williams didn't move to the ropes he was circling Margarito and by doing that he took away Margarito's best punch the uppercut a punch he landed on Cotto because Cotto stoped on the ropes too much. If Cotto can circle Margarito and then pressure him from time to time it would go a long way on getting him the victory.

The Mosley blueprint is better but Cotto doesn't clinch at all and asking him to do so would probably take away his concentration on fight night. Clinching was what made Mosley gamplan so good because insted of moving away after landing he would hold Margarito for like 5-6 secnds and go back on the attack after that.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 767,377,401,750.89
Total Points: 867,398,680,923.23
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
The thing is Wiliams didn't have to deal with Margarito pressure because he jumped Margarito from the start with his work rate. We know Cotto can't fight exactly like that but he can use a similar style to that of Williams by keeping his volume of punches from 60-70 and running circles around Margarito with the ocasional clinch. Williams didn't move to the ropes he was circling Margarito and by doing that he took away Margarito's best punch the uppercut a punch he landed on Cotto because Cotto stoped on the ropes too much. If Cotto can circle Margarito and then pressure him from time to time it would go a long way on getting him the victory.

The Mosley blueprint is better but Cotto doesn't clinch at all and asking him to do so would probably take away his concentration on fight night. Clinching was what made Mosley gamplan so good because insted of moving away after landing he would hold Margarito for like 5-6 secnds and go back on the attack after that.
Bro, Cotto cannot do that, he'd gas. Throwing 70 punches a round while constantly moving? Not a chance. Agreed that he stayed on the ropes too much, but that's why he needs to learn how to clinch.

I know clinching is not really part of Cotto's repetoire but there's a better chance of him learning how and when to tie Tony up than there is all of him all of a sudden turning into a volume puncher with endless stamina. Once Margarito lets his hands go he gets into a rythym but when you tie him up every time he begins to open up he has to reset and he's never able to get into said rythym.