Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-24-2011, 04:25 AM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 7 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,296,298.28
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 
Send a message via Skype™ to BarryRobinson
Default A Million Styles Boxing

What's up Ladies and Gents. My name is Barry. I'm a boxing trainer. Currently I do trainings (fight preps and seminars) globally for boxers, kick boxers, and mixed martial artist(coaches and fighters). I am in love with the Science of boxing.

I am here on the forum to answer any questions I can about boxing training for you guys. I have 200+ videos on youtube(millionstylesboksing).

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Barry
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-24-2011, 04:27 AM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 7 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 
Default A Million Styles Boxing Manual Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRobinson View Post
What's up Ladies and Gents. My name is Barry. I'm a boxing trainer. Currently I do trainings (fight preps and seminars) globally for boxers, kick boxers, and mixed martial artist(coaches and fighters). I am in love with the Science of boxing.

I am here on the forum to answer any questions I can about boxing training for you guys. I have 200+ videos on youtube(millionstylesboksing).

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Barry
In boxing and other combat sports, we often here the phrase “Styles Make Fights”. I have had different coaches. They all taught different styles. That excites me. In most boxing manuals we are taught one way to train the sport. In reality there has been hundreds of World Champions and all of them fought different. That thought got me thinking about Martial Arts like Karate, Jiu Jitsu, or the other Martial Arts that use different color belts as recognition of mastery relative to that particular art. You never here of the people that participate in those arts say “once I get my purple belt, that’s all I need”. They continue and try to Master all the forms and techniques in their art. I wondered why in boxing do we still hear, “He’s an outside fighter” or “He’s an inside fighter”. I think it’s because we stopped striving for mastery of our sport, boxing.

A Million Styles Boxing is not an over night process. It requires attention to detail, great film study habits, an open mind, and love. Drills are what makes A Million Styles Boxing possible. Drills; Systematic training by multiple repetitions. “Practice makes perfect”. Every coach knows how he would like to build his fighter. Sometime the missing teaching tool is not knowledge of the sport but the “Method of Teaching”. For example I can instruct my fighter to move around the ring as a training technique or I can give him a specific footwork drill like moving forwards and backwards for an entire 3 minutes without mistakes. I believe in the training benefits of drills like these no matter how boring they may become and if the fighter makes mistakes I give them push ups at the end of the round. Often times the fighter will start correcting himself; a) wanting to get better b) those push ups get heavy.

If an aspiring athlete or even a great pro athlete can master all the drills he or she now has a great foundation to add too. Sure I could rush you along and you might even be good. However this training manual is for those that desire more from their training. Those that want to be challenged physically but more importantly mentally. For those that want to leave the gym everyday and say I learned something. No more going to the gym with the same routine, four rounds rope, four rounds shadow, four rounds pads, four rounds bag, push ups, and sit ups . Instead every day work on something. It’s like a video game. Your player has attributes, things they are good or not so good at. AMSB philosophy is, when you are not specifically preparing for a fight, build the attributes your not so good at. I can’t game plan for someone with A Million Styles Boxing.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
OldMoney91
Contender

Total Points: 9,414.66

can you give an example of a training routine you would recommend to a beginner-intermediate level boxer? A routine that works on skills, not the weight training part. Now i know you're supposed to work on your weaknesses and thats why the training is different for everyone but there's probably a routine that helps you work on your all around skills when you are not at the top level yet

thanks

Last edited by OldMoney91; 10-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 PM
ghns1133
#1 p4p ATG/GOAT

Rep Power: 10 ghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,679,913,011.64
Total Points: 4,730,275,946.88
Some Green! - Barnburner on me - danny711 and a shot - danny711 actually theres beer inside - kyshenko team imagine it's Floyd when you stick it in - Freedom. 
heres your gift have fun - sugersean15 Boss lady aint shiit! - Uncle Howie for teh vids - ƒallenloki 

umm

yea...

i dont think ur gonna bea able to learn to fight from a dvd or youtube vid

maybe for fitness or whatev but not serious skills for competition

and i didnt read the whole thing so forgive eme if i interpreted wrong
Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
ghns1133
#1 p4p ATG/GOAT

Rep Power: 10 ghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,679,913,011.64
Total Points: 4,730,275,946.88
Some Green! - Barnburner on me - danny711 and a shot - danny711 actually theres beer inside - kyshenko team imagine it's Floyd when you stick it in - Freedom. 
heres your gift have fun - sugersean15 Boss lady aint shiit! - Uncle Howie for teh vids - ƒallenloki 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRobinson View Post
In boxing and other combat sports, we often here the phrase “Styles Make Fights”. I have had different coaches. They all taught different styles. That excites me. In most boxing manuals we are taught one way to train the sport. In reality there has been hundreds of World Champions and all of them fought different. That thought got me thinking about Martial Arts like Karate, Jiu Jitsu, or the other Martial Arts that use different color belts as recognition of mastery relative to that particular art. You never here of the people that participate in those arts say “once I get my purple belt, that’s all I need”. They continue and try to Master all the forms and techniques in their art. I wondered why in boxing do we still hear, “He’s an outside fighter” or “He’s an inside fighter”. I think it’s because we stopped striving for mastery of our sport, boxing.

A Million Styles Boxing is not an over night process. It requires attention to detail, great film study habits, an open mind, and love. Drills are what makes A Million Styles Boxing possible. Drills; Systematic training by multiple repetitions. “Practice makes perfect”. Every coach knows how he would like to build his fighter. Sometime the missing teaching tool is not knowledge of the sport but the “Method of Teaching”. For example I can instruct my fighter to move around the ring as a training technique or I can give him a specific footwork drill like moving forwards and backwards for an entire 3 minutes without mistakes. I believe in the training benefits of drills like these no matter how boring they may become and if the fighter makes mistakes I give them push ups at the end of the round. Often times the fighter will start correcting himself; a) wanting to get better b) those push ups get heavy.

If an aspiring athlete or even a great pro athlete can master all the drills he or she now has a great foundation to add too. Sure I could rush you along and you might even be good. However this training manual is for those that desire more from their training. Those that want to be challenged physically but more importantly mentally. For those that want to leave the gym everyday and say I learned something. No more going to the gym with the same routine, four rounds rope, four rounds shadow, four rounds pads, four rounds bag, push ups, and sit ups . Instead every day work on something. It’s like a video game. Your player has attributes, things they are good or not so good at. AMSB philosophy is, when you are not specifically preparing for a fight, build the attributes your not so good at. I can’t game plan for someone with A Million Styles Boxing.
no its cause aftyer years of training and fighting experience he realized with his bodyype and athletic abilitys and mentality that one specific style will help him have thw best chance at winning and fighting his fight....

the only people who want to learn froma vid are wanna be badazzes that watch a few fights and acoupe of ur vids then think that they can fight

i call them "delusional"

then people who are tp shy to go to a gym or people who just want fitness
Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
project xxx1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 project xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond reputeproject xxx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,779,370,160,964.30
Total Points: 3,779,371,854,804.76
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest enough of Super! - D.I.E.S.E.L Thanks for the green - rorymac 
I don't know ... I feel like giving you a pressie. :) - *Boss Lady* act like you know.. - D.I.E.S.E.L for being fair - Ogecca MaMa Thanks Darling! To you too! I hope you have a lovely New Year as well xx - *Boss Lady* :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
Happy 15k :D :D x - *Boss Lady* For having a manly heart - Smokin'J love your sig still :lol1: - Bossy Happy Birthday, brother. - Terrel :love: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

whats up barry?ive seen some of your stuff of youtube and i like it

keep up the good work,need a good drill for footwork,when i say that i mean when im sparring average pace my feet are fine when we go all out hard sparring getting ready for a fight i tend to leave my feet behind and bring them with my punches?

any advice or drills on how i can improve this
Old 10-25-2011, 04:10 PM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate you checking out my videos. If you have Facebook, join my page (A Million Styles Boxing Training Manual). I am going to be putting a bunch of new good stuff for you guys to follow. In the past I did not make instructionals however by next week I will start previewing my book on that page.

Thanks a lot,
Barry
Old 10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Hi,

Very soon I will start posting material like this on my Facebook Page(A Million Styles Boxing Training Manual )

I really hope you find use for them!

Thanks A lot,
Barry
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 AM
SUPREME.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 SUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,658,301,619,028.15
Total Points: 3,659,191,702,914.00

Do you know Scott Alexander?