Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 20,591
Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,502,086,486,877.01
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,086,486,877.01
A gift from boxinglibrary.com - vze2hhvj 16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus 
Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts 
A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
.........no homo - MANIAC310 for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Hopkins-Dawson: Disbelief, Disgust

by David P. Greisman - It was fitting that an event marketed behind the Ripley’s “Believe It or Not!” slogan would end not with an astonishing accomplishment or amazing action, but on an odd sequence of actions and decisions – and a bizarre conclusion that could only leave a person shaking his head in, well, disbelief.

One couldn’t be begrudged for expressing more than a little disgust as well.

The fight between Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson ended on a technical knockout that wasn’t.

It ended because of a foul that wasn’t called.

It ended on an injury in the second round that either prevented an already ugly fight from being ugly for a disastrous 12 rounds, or prevented an ugly fight early from becoming better later.

It ended toward the end of the round, shortly after Hopkins missed Dawson with a right hand. Dawson ducked down, and Hopkins moved forward to tie the fighters up, as had happened a few times before. This time, Hopkins leaned his weight over Dawson’s back, and Dawson stood up, lifting Hopkins from the canvas, cradling Hopkins’ right leg with his left hand and then using his right shoulder to shove Hopkins away.

Hopkins fell backward his head brushing against the ropes and his left elbow crashing on the mat. He remained there, rolling on his back in pain and telling the referee, Pat Russell, that he had injured his shoulder. The fight was soon waved off. Russell said that no foul had been called, and because of that the result would be a technical knockout victory for Dawson. [Click Here To Read More]
Reply With Quote
BIGPOPPAPUMP is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 AM
chaos
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 579
Rep Power: 10 chaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 40,155.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,155.21
Default

Pathetic one-sided article. There was no foul and there was no injury. Hopkins tried to pull a fast one and it backfired and you can't handle it. Anyone can get the diagnosis he did there's no regular test for it, just a doctor asking where it hurts and what happened. An x-ray shows nothing, if he wants to prove he was injured he has to get an MRI. Hopkins shamed himself and the sport (yet again).
Reply With Quote
chaos is offline
#3
Old 10-17-2011, 01:08 AM
uoykcuf
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philly
Age: 27
Posts: 4,742
Rep Power: 0 uoykcuf has disabled reputation
Points: 336,630.41
Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,017,984.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 
Default

Reply With Quote
uoykcuf is offline
#4
Old 10-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Dolemite
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 0 Dolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these partsDolemite is infamous around these parts
Points: 10,362.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,362.13
Default

Chaos- I have worked in Radiology for 12yrs. Yes, a Xray DOES show a dislocated AC joint. You don't have to get a MRI to diagnose dislocated joints. Nice try boss.
Reply With Quote
Dolemite is offline
#5
Old 10-17-2011, 03:05 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,903
Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,737,689.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,737,689.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
by David P. Greisman - It was fitting that an event marketed behind the Ripley’s “Believe It or Not!” slogan would end not with an astonishing accomplishment or amazing action, but on an odd sequence of actions and decisions – and a bizarre conclusion that could only leave a person shaking his head in, well, disbelief.

One couldn’t be begrudged for expressing more than a little disgust as well.

The fight between Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson ended on a technical knockout that wasn’t.

It ended because of a foul that wasn’t called.

It ended on an injury in the second round that either prevented an already ugly fight from being ugly for a disastrous 12 rounds, or prevented an ugly fight early from becoming better later.

It ended toward the end of the round, shortly after Hopkins missed Dawson with a right hand. Dawson ducked down, and Hopkins moved forward to tie the fighters up, as had happened a few times before. This time, Hopkins leaned his weight over Dawson’s back, and Dawson stood up, lifting Hopkins from the canvas, cradling Hopkins’ right leg with his left hand and then using his right shoulder to shove Hopkins away.

Hopkins fell backward his head brushing against the ropes and his left elbow crashing on the mat. He remained there, rolling on his back in pain and telling the referee, Pat Russell, that he had injured his shoulder. The fight was soon waved off. Russell said that no foul had been called, and because of that the result would be a technical knockout victory for Dawson. [Click Here To Read More]
His backside hit the canvas first. The back of his neck hit the bottom rope, the rope gave, and he slid under it. He also dived across Dawson's back and Dawson rose and shrugged him off. His left hand naturally dangled just behind Hopkins' right leg for a moment whilst bent down, and he took it away as he was rising. It seemed legitimate to me.The ring floor is heavily padded with rubber because of a rash of dangerous head bounce injuries in the past; I recall when this was instituted, many years ago.

The doctor cannot tell there is a separation unless there is a lump at the supposed point of trauma. Xrays do not show this and are taken merely as a precaution against a fractured bone. Without an MRI,which was not taken, the only way an Xray may show a separation (not a dislocation) is to have the patient hold a heay weight in his hand whilst being Xrayed. There is not mention of this having been done.

Hopkins is an expert serial faker, and the doctor likely relied on his sayso..........hmm. He faked the Echols injury, pretending a dislocation, but little over a round later, having not coaxed Echols into dangerous error, used it as usual. He faked many more times, in just about every fight. The Prince of Foulness.

Gabriel Montoya, whom you all know, the MaxB writer, has written that when Hopkins came towards him and passed by on his way to the dressing room, there was NO lump. There was also NO lump during the after-fight interview where Hopkins was moving his arm and shoulder as with normal gestures, whilst showing what he says happened.

I think I'm writing this rather like David, but a bit shorter-and better......Ahem!
Reply With Quote
edgarg is offline
#6
Old 10-17-2011, 03:21 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,903
Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,737,689.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,737,689.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Chaos- I have worked in Radiology for 12yrs. Yes, a Xray DOES show a dislocated AC joint. You don't have to get a MRI to diagnose dislocated joints. Nice try boss.
According to 5 different medical sites, there is a big difference between a separation and a dislocation. Greisman mentioned a dislocation, but the report said separaion. The med.sites specifically mentioned that they were very different. A separation may be seen on an XRay if the patient is holding a heavy weight whilst being exrayed. No mention of this being done. It takes an MRI, which wasn't done. They all said the same thing. A separation has several degrees of severity, from minor to major, which can include torn ligaments. A dislocation is XRay evident. A separation isn't. I'm not trying to ignore your expertise, but just ask you to consider my findings.
Reply With Quote
edgarg is offline
#7
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 AM
apunchnotseen
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 566
Rep Power: 6 apunchnotseen will become famous soon enoughapunchnotseen will become famous soon enough
Points: 12,114.26
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,114.26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
Pathetic one-sided article. There was no foul and there was no injury. Hopkins tried to pull a fast one and it backfired and you can't handle it. Anyone can get the diagnosis he did there's no regular test for it, just a doctor asking where it hurts and what happened. An x-ray shows nothing, if he wants to prove he was injured he has to get an MRI. Hopkins shamed himself and the sport (yet again).
one-sided? the truth side. I hate hopkins too but that doesnt change what went down. No foul, really? You ever glanced at the rules? Dont blame hopkins or dawson for the mess, The California commision and Pat Russell are completly to blame. Now I hesitate to throw Russell under the bus as it seemed the stooge at ringside made the decision for him, but he was clearly not in control. By the sound of things he realizes his error and called it like he seen it and they left it open for repair so hopefully they do so. Anyone who lays hard earned cash to watch a hopkins fight should understand there is 90% chance at disappointment, and for Dawson to hold his head high as a champion is a bigger fraud than Canelo. Chad looked like a fool in the post fight interview, disrespecting everyone involved, the look on shaws face was priceless, how do you promote that guy. Just so you know Chad, to the majority of the civalized world being gangsta means your an under educated thug whos only means of getting ahead is violence in numbers and intimidation with hatred. boyz in the hood: the mean streets of new haven
Reply With Quote
apunchnotseen is offline
#8
Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 AM
chaos
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 579
Rep Power: 10 chaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 40,155.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,155.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Chaos- I have worked in Radiology for 12yrs. Yes, a Xray DOES show a dislocated AC joint. You don't have to get a MRI to diagnose dislocated joints. Nice try boss.
It only shows it if it's dislocated at the time of the x-ray. At worst hopkins shoulder went in and out when it happened cause there's no way they would let him stand around for that long after the fight with a dislocated AC. If it was actually dislocated then when was it popped back into place? Not even his fans are claiming he was walking around the ring with his AC popped. You need an MRI to prove there was ligament/tissue damage from the separation otherwise there's no way to prove it that long after it's popped back in. Nice try buds.
Reply With Quote
chaos is offline
#9
Old 10-17-2011, 06:05 AM
chaos
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 579
Rep Power: 10 chaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 40,155.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,155.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunchnotseen View Post
one-sided? the truth side. I hate hopkins too but that doesnt change what went down. No foul, really? You ever glanced at the rules? Dont blame hopkins or dawson for the mess, The California commision and Pat Russell are completly to blame. Now I hesitate to throw Russell under the bus as it seemed the stooge at ringside made the decision for him, but he was clearly not in control. By the sound of things he realizes his error and called it like he seen it and they left it open for repair so hopefully they do so. Anyone who lays hard earned cash to watch a hopkins fight should understand there is 90% chance at disappointment, and for Dawson to hold his head high as a champion is a bigger fraud than Canelo. Chad looked like a fool in the post fight interview, disrespecting everyone involved, the look on shaws face was priceless, how do you promote that guy. Just so you know Chad, to the majority of the civalized world being gangsta means your an under educated thug whos only means of getting ahead is violence in numbers and intimidation with hatred. boyz in the hood: the mean streets of new haven
As far as i remember Chad never called himself a gangster, he made fun of Hopkins for claiming to be a gangster and then acting like a twat. And the ref knew exactly what he was doing and never waivered from his initial stance. From the moment Hopkins fell to the moment of the decision he repeated the fact the there was no foul. He even said that Dawson stood up while Hopkins was leaning down on him therefore no foul. Watch the post fight you'll hear him say it numerous times.
Reply With Quote
chaos is offline
#10
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 AM
chaos
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 579
Rep Power: 10 chaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 40,155.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,155.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8ryte View Post
That didnt stop byrd from messing his shoulder up and he fell without the help of his opponent.
Byrd is not a serial faker, Hopkins is so there's no reason to believe him.
Reply With Quote
chaos is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.