Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
UglyPug
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,891,078,630.25
Total Points: 112,631,320,553.79
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  "you'll need it" - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
Lol

everybody in boxing in the united states will tell you otherwise.
You gonna tell al bernstein he's wrong and should stop crying about it?

talented american big men used to box, dude

they do not any more.

just look at them
they are not gifted.

the best large athletes in the states no longer box (they play sports like basketball and football,) and this this the worst ever era for american talent at HW

draw some damn conclusions.

you're assuming that all because a guy who is 6'6'' and 260 @ 10% bodyfat can run the 40 in 4.5 translates to boxing glory. . .
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-17-2011, 11:10 AM
UglyPug
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

and yes, i would tell al bernstein to stop crying about the fact that two eastern europeans are ruling the division with iron fists. . . .
Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,867,565,355,852.38
Total Points: 115,870,247,001,499.81
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglypug View Post
you're assuming that all because a guy who is 6'6'' and 260 @ 10% bodyfat can run the 40 in 4.5 translates to boxing glory. . .

you're saying talent and the lack of it has nothing to due with the level of boxing in the states?

that talent has nothing to do with boxing?

do you even listen to yourself talk?

i'm saying that if the guys in the NFL and the NBA all boxed in their youth instead of playing high level team sports they would turn boxing at HW on its head

can you even imagine a 6'9", 255 lb supreme athlete entering boxing?
they are all over the NBA

nobody is saying that the average bloke form the NBA could jump into boxing and become a world champion

they are saying that the talent pool is DISMAL in boxing because NONE OF THESE GUYS (big and american) are entering it

go watch some old american HW, please.
over and over if neccessary. until you fuccking get it.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
and yes, i would tell al bernstein to stop crying about the fact that two eastern europeans are ruling the division with iron fists. . . .

oh lol

i get it now.. at first i thought you were just completely clueless and seriously lacking in mental aptitude for learning

now i think i know what your problem is
you're "one of those guys"
Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
UglyPug
Banned

Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 

lol do you listen to yourself talk! FOOTBALL TALENT IS NOT BOXING TALENT!

You're trying to deduce that because a guy is naturally athletic, and good at football or basketball, that means he would be a good boxer. . . Not how it works

MOREOVER, you're assuming that none of these big athletic guys try their hand at boxing. . . LOL all because there are some big athletic guys who play football and basketball DOES NOT mean there are just these big athletic guys who have TALENT TO BE BOXERS
Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 115 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015,467,315,608.68
Total Points: 3,292,467,626,574.14
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:

You're trying to deduce that because a guy is naturally athletic, and good at football or basketball, that means he would be a good boxer. . . Not how it works

MOREOVER, you're assuming that none of these big athletic guys try their hand at boxing. . . LOL all because there are some big athletic guys who play football and basketball DOES NOT mean there are just these big athletic guys who have TALENT TO BE BOXERS
Are you serious? Physical talent is physical talent. There's no such thing as "football" or "basketball" talent. An athlete is an athlete, and if even half the physical specimens that play in the NFL or NBA had taken to boxing as kids rather than football or basketball, the heavyweight division would be a different place today. Guys like Arreola and Povetkin and Adamek and Helenius would be completely overmatched by guys that are just athletic freaks in a way they couldn't compete with.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Quote:

spoken like somebody who doesnt have an athletic bone in his body and has never been involved with athletics at any stage
Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Pirao
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Pirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,208,221,612.66
Total Points: 188,208,306,297.29
one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! top notch nsb poster - BostonGuy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

So you're bitching out in your own thread? You're a joke my man, just like the heavyweight division!
Hahaha, what a joker you are. When you stop with your subjective arguments and actually bring something objective to the table, there will be something to discuss with you. Until then, I'll just keep laughing at you, keep it up, you're good for that if nothing else
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Pirao
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Pirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,208,221,612.66
Total Points: 188,208,306,297.29
one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! top notch nsb poster - BostonGuy 

Quote:
dude...
what don't you get?

european football (soccer over here) players are not exclusively HW
in fact, id guess that there are very few who are HW

the rim in the NBA is ten feet off of the ground

guys in the champions league, world cup, high level club teams, are all amazing athletes and would certainly affect the talent pool in boxing

but THEY ARENT ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS!
the AVERAGE player,
the AVERAGE player in the NBA is 6'9" tall and well over 200 lbs.

do you understand that?

the AVERAGE player in the NFL is 6'2-6'3
guys in the NFL go from about 185 lbs to well over 300.
they are some of the most durable men on the planet. not every position in american football is athletic, but the ones that are usually feature guys that are unbelievably fast and coordinated, more than anybody in the division currently in america.
the only guys that arent HW are kickers.

every once in a while you'd find a cornerback who would box as a LHW, but for the most part a guy that small is too little to play in the NFL and will get badly injured.

if you dont have a sturdy chin and arent tough as **** and born with physical gifts in terms of your durability you cant make it into the NFL
and if you somehow do you'll probably have a very short career from the beating you take. in other words, the nature of hte NFL excludes people without the mental makeup neccessary to box

hell, tommy Z had a very good amateur career and he's on the low end in terms of athetic quaility in the nfl and one of the smallest. he's a cruiserweight at the lowest.

The guy I quoted was explicitly talking about the weight divisions below HW. I guess you agree with me then that Messi would whoop Mayweather had he choosen boxing then?

BTW you can save all the hyperbole about NFL athletes that are OMG the most athletic in the world, that sh*t doesn't matter outside of the USA I'm afraid.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,051,221.29
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
dude...
what don't you get?

european football (soccer over here) players are not exclusively HW
in fact, id guess that there are very few who are HW

the rim in the NBA is ten feet off of the ground

guys in the champions league, world cup, high level club teams, are all amazing athletes and would certainly affect the talent pool in boxing

but THEY ARENT ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS!
the AVERAGE player,
the AVERAGE player in the NBA is 6'9" tall and well over 200 lbs.

do you understand that?

the AVERAGE player in the NFL is 6'2-6'3
guys in the NFL go from about 185 lbs to well over 300.
they are some of the most durable men on the planet. not every position in american football is athletic, but the ones that are usually feature guys that are unbelievably fast and coordinated, more than anybody in the division currently in america.
the only guys that arent HW are kickers.

every once in a while you'd find a cornerback who would box as a LHW, but for the most part a guy that small is too little to play in the NFL and will get badly injured.

if you dont have a sturdy chin and arent tough as **** and born with physical gifts in terms of your durability you cant make it into the NFL
and if you somehow do you'll probably have a very short career from the beating you take. in other words, the nature of hte NFL excludes people without the mental makeup neccessary to box

hell, tommy Z had a very good amateur career and he's on the low end in terms of athetic quaility in the nfl and one of the smallest. he's a cruiserweight at the lowest.
You have some good points but Europeans do go into other Sports too like Strength sports, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer. Also some bigger Soccer players might be able to bulk up to heavyweight consider that too.

I agree that definitely the heavyweight division can be better but the Klitschkos are great Boxers