Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Pirao
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Pirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,208,221,612.66
Total Points: 188,208,306,928.29
one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! top notch nsb poster - BostonGuy 
Default Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Or will they eventually come to terms with the fact that they no longer dominate?

As we all know, since the Klitschkos started their rule, many americans have been trying to discredit them and make all kind of excuses as to why americans no longer are on top (mainly NBA and NFL blablabla ). Since considering the eastern european domination has no end sight (just look at the prospects that have already turned pro and the ones coming through the amateurs), do you think they'll finally come to accept that eastern europeans can be great HWs too, or will they keep crying and making excuses forever?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-15-2011, 06:10 AM
LoStranger
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 LoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these partsLoStranger is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 62,378.70

no they'll simply ignore it and remmeber the glory days of the HW division in the 80's 90's
Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Pirao
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Pirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond reputePirao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoStranger View Post
no they'll simply ignore it and remmeber the glory days of the HW division in the 80's 90's
Yeah, like they ignore it now

BTW, are you saying there can be no great HWs unless they're american?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:11 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,879,753.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
Or will they eventually come to terms with the fact that they no longer dominate?

As we all know, since the Klitschkos started their rule, many americans have been trying to discredit them and make all kind of excuses as to why americans no longer are on top (mainly NBA and NFL blablabla ). Since considering the eastern european domination has no end sight (just look at the prospects that have already turned pro and the ones coming through the amateurs), do you think they'll finally come to accept that eastern europeans can be great HWs too, or will they keep crying and making excuses forever?

No good American heavyweights, and no good heavyweights in the rest of the world outside the Klits. It has nothing to do with nationality the talent level is just piss poor. But if it makes you feel any better than yes, the eastern Europeans are dominating a horrible era and look to continue to do so in the near future.

Todays heavyweight talent level.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Pirao
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

No good American heavyweights, and no good heavyweights in the rest of the world outside the Klits. It has nothing to do with nationality the talent level is just piss poor. But if it makes you feel any better than yes, the eastern Europeans are dominating a horrible era and look to continue to do so in the near future.

Todays heavyweight talent level.
Oh look, you talking about talent level (something that of course can't be proven and is subjective), what a surprise

So far it seems like the americans will keep crying instead of facing reality.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:18 AM
davros2010
Banned

Rep Power: 0 davros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond reputedavros2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,144.81
Total Points: 66,151.92
put it on when you pretend you're del boy's woman - Freedom. Your love for Dereck Chisora - Freedom. 

The brothers are good no doubt but Americans have been moaning about the heavyweight division since the early 00's even when there was Byrd, Brewster etc. I dont know what young eastern euro talent the thread starter is talking about i dont seen any great young eastern euro heavyweights. In fact the best prospects are not even from there. helenius, Perez, Mitchell, Fury etc. I had high hopes for Boystov but due to his medical problems he has not done much. Anyway i dont care where the fighters come from i just want good fights but dam it been years since a great heavyweight fight fight.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:19 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,997.49
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

You act like no American ever thought the heavyweight division sucked until the Klitschkos became the best fighters in the division. This has been a downward spiral ever since Ali retired, and except for a brief resurgence when Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson right before prison, and Lewis were all great at the same time, it's progressively gotten worse.

Just because the Klitschkos are great fighters, doesn't mean the rest of the division doesn't suck. They are terrible, and if neither Klitschko was around the heavyweight division would be bad to the point of being nearly unwatchable.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 AM
BulgariasFinest
warrior

Rep Power: 5 BulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 179,864,638,262,933.50
Total Points: 179,864,638,264,838.38
Great poster. - dancovboxer For luck - rorymac For the Sig Thanks! - Lazerjab A classy poster - led Here's one right back for having the balls to try and understand that stupid bitch!! - Pretty Boy1 
you deserve more of these - Alx. Merry Christmas to you and yours bro! - jose830 Happy new year to you too :D - Terrel anytime bro! cheers!!! - jose830 . - PAC-BOY 
Glad you agree with me thanks for the rep - hectari 

Talent level could be ****, but the excuse of NFL and NBA cannot be the reason. It is the same for Europeans to say that most of the talent goes on to play football (soccer), which is true because of how popular football has always and will always be here. There is talent from ALL over the world, and boxing is and should be racially blind.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,997.49
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Also, it's not an opinion but a fact that the NFL and NBA have taken a lot of the guys who used to become heavyweights, due to boxing's falling popularity back in the 80's due to the rise of those two sports. It used to be that any athletic man with size wanted to be heavyweight champion, now they all want much easier money playing sports that don't require the work boxing does.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Money Shot
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Money Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond reputeMoney Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 56,036,957.82
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. 

If you look at the $150m plus Tyson made in his career there's plenty incentive for US based guys to try the game, they just aren't good enough, and I don't buy the NFL/NBA excuse.