David haye has not officially retired yet so, i do not know why the boxing world is going crazy over his so called retirement......news just come through on bbc.co.uk/sport
Vitali Klitschko's promoter claims a fight with David Haye is still a possibility despite the news that the Briton does not want to renew his boxing licence.
Bernd Boente told BBC Radio 5 live that he has been in talks with Haye's trainer, Adam Booth, about a possible bout next year.
Haye, a former WBA heavyweight champion, informed the British Boxing Board of Control of his intentions to retire by email.
The Londoner, who celebrates his 31st birthday on Thursday, has always said he will not fight on past the age of 30.
His last fight was against Klitschko's younger brother, Wladimir, on 2 July, when he lost his WBA title in Hamburg.
Haye was beaten convincingly on points by the WBO, IBF and IBO champion, although he claimed afterwards his performance had been hampered by a broken toe.
The former cruiserweight king won the WBA belt by beating giant Russian Nikolay Valuev on points in Germany in November 2009.
Haye, who has lost only twice in 27 professional bouts, then defended his title by stopping American John Ruiz at the MEN Arena the following April.
Haye also defended his title against fellow Brit Audley Harrison with a devastating third-round stoppage, also in Manchester.
More to follow.
My personal view is that there is NO OTHER heavyweight out there who can challenge the kiltchko's apart from maybe povetkin. I believe that if enough money will be offered (which i think there will be, considering the personal feud between haye and klitschko, i can see a fight happening between both these dudes.