Question: The punch Mosley landed on Mayweather - Page 8 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Could Pacquiao have finished Mayweather?
Pacquiao finishes Mayweather 44 45.36%
Mayweather recovers 53 54.64%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 AM #71
BoxingFollower BoxingFollower is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,120
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
BoxingFollower is on a distinguished road
Points: 5,436,733.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,436,733.27
"I got Miguel Cotto by UD" thread  :fing02: - jose830 
Default

see the only thing about this type of comparing Pacquiao to Mayweather at this point, is the TAPE is your proof.

Ok, Marquez vs Pacquiao is always a war right? Normally back to back action.

Now lets say this.....

Imagine a bigger Welterweight, taller, quicker than Marquez, with 10 times better defense, longer arms, and a better counter puncher.

I know styles make fights, but all Floyd Mayweathers style is, is a more advanced version of Marquez's.

Come on, there is no need for this discussion anymore.
BoxingFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-15-2012, 11:48 AM #72
onetwopunch onetwopunch is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 1,773
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
onetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,040,934.90
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,040,934.90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFollower View Post
see the only thing about this type of comparing Pacquiao to Mayweather at this point, is the TAPE is your proof.

Ok, Marquez vs Pacquiao is always a war right? Normally back to back action.

Now lets say this.....

Imagine a bigger Welterweight, taller, quicker than Marquez, with 10 times better defense, longer arms, and a better counter puncher.

I know styles make fights, but all Floyd Mayweathers style is, is a more advanced version of Marquez's.

Come on, there is no need for this discussion anymore.
Good point, Marquez style always gave Pac trouble, now you take that style with better defense more power and put it into a bigger package, Cause PBF is not small..like Marquez and Pac.
onetwopunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:51 AM #73
BoxingFollower BoxingFollower is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,120
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
BoxingFollower is on a distinguished road
Points: 5,436,733.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,436,733.27
&quot;I got Miguel Cotto by UD&quot; thread  :fing02: - jose830 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwopunch View Post
Good point, Marquez style always gave Pac trouble, now you take that style with better defense more power and put it into a bigger package, Cause PBF is not small..like Marquez and Pac.
exactly, and people think I am being bias when I say this, but come on, it's as clear as day.

The outcome of May vs Pac would be much worse.
BoxingFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 AM #74
onetwopunch onetwopunch is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 1,773
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
onetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,040,934.90
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,040,934.90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFollower View Post
exactly, and people think I am being bias when I say this, but come on, it's as clear as day.

The outcome of May vs Pac would be much worse.
Big time, plus Pac wont be able to juice cause PBF would want olympic style drug testing..it wouldnt be pretty..
onetwopunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM #75
BoxingFollower BoxingFollower is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,120
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
BoxingFollower is on a distinguished road
Points: 5,436,733.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,436,733.27
&quot;I got Miguel Cotto by UD&quot; thread  :fing02: - jose830 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwopunch View Post
Big time, plus Pac wont be able to juice cause PBF would want olympic style drug testing..it wouldnt be pretty..
That would be another downfall, so we might be seeing one of the most boring boxing clinics of all time, just 1 way action.

Not to even add in the word "slick" the most slick boxer that Pacquiao has fought was Bradley, and while beating Bradley, there was alot of times where Pac had problems landing on him, and we all know that Floyd is the slickest guy around the WW division.

Pac is so use to fighting text book style fighters, that do this like it's suppose to be done, and do that, what you would expect, but the thing about a slick fighter is you never know what to expect next.
BoxingFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
landed, mayweather, mosley, punch, question:

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.