Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
uoykcuf
Banned

Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,025,497.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 
Default It's time to get rid of Andy Reid. He's a good coach but he's all wrong for The Eagle

The Eagles. I don't think anyone in Philadelphia cares about Andy Reid's most winning percentage out of any coach in the nfl. We want a ****ing super bowl win. And he has been coach of The Eagles for how long now? Over 10 years I believe? It's time for a change. Andy Reid ****ed up making that one mexican guy the defensive coordinator. Whats that guys name anyways?

Good coach, but not right for The Eagles organization. It's time for a change, he had his turn as coach as The Eagles and had a long run but it wasn't great enough to win that big game. He should have led The Eagles to a super bowl victory against The Patriots but failed to do so. And yes I know that The Patriots are a great team but you can't deny the fact that game was a very winnable game for The Eagles.

Last edited by uoykcuf; 10-09-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 PM
hhs661
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 hhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 138,478,379,968,577.98
Total Points: 138,506,335,816,740.62
Thanks for ur help homie - The Surgeon haha, great manny ipod songs! - chiguy91 Keep it hard, keep it classy - lparm Funny mofo - Sugar Booger 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Honestly, their system works for and works against them. Philly has always been one of these teams that release their players after a certiain amount of time and start over with fresh new ones. When they had Westbrook, McNabb and Dawkins, they were able to afford doing this. Now that those players are gone, starting this trend with a very young O-Line and inexperienced players in the front 7, is a really risky move. Reid doesn't seem able to get these players to get up to speed whether it's the new free agents or offensive linemen that need to protect vick.

But let's be real here. Vick is not what McNabb was to that franchise. McCoy is really being wasted because he has the same amount of skills that Westbrook has, but they seem to get away from him from time to time. The WRs are explosive, but they aren't the T.O type of receivers that can get you those tough yards in the middle. Hell, even Brent Celek is slacking where LJ Smith shined for a couple of seasons. They just look horrible and the NFL season is too short to wait around and see them hit mid-season form
Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,054,889,686,832.73
Total Points: 22,339,705,038,999.63
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhs661 View Post
Honestly, their system works for and works against them. Philly has always been one of these teams that release their players after a certiain amount of time and start over with fresh new ones. When they had Westbrook, McNabb and Dawkins, they were able to afford doing this. Now that those players are gone, starting this trend with a very young O-Line and inexperienced players in the front 7, is a really risky move. Reid doesn't seem able to get these players to get up to speed whether it's the new free agents or offensive linemen that need to protect vick.

But let's be real here. Vick is not what McNabb was to that franchise. McCoy is really being wasted because he has the same amount of skills that Westbrook has, but they seem to get away from him from time to time. The WRs are explosive, but they aren't the T.O type of receivers that can get you those tough yards in the middle. Hell, even Brent Celek is slacking where LJ Smith shined for a couple of seasons. They just look horrible and the NFL season is too short to wait around and see them hit mid-season form
Great post, exactly the Eagles problems.

As for McCoy though I think he is better then Westbrook. Westbrook was good at screens and ok at running but McCoy is great at both.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:22 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,094,873,524,547.72
Total Points: 30,094,873,637,676.90
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

lol. I remember those spots you mentioned hhs, being trouble spots post-2004.

TO got ran out, he was the scapegoat(he was a poison though).
Dawkins was supposedly old and the defense was aging. Another scapegoat.
LJ Smith was supposedly too slow and not the same after his injury. Scapegoat.
McNabb was a scapegoat for 2 yrs before being traded. Despite honestly, crap time management(wasted timeouts) and ***** goalline calls. Scapegoat.
Westbrook was seen as his legs being gone. Scapegoat.

There are no more scapegoats with this team. The only thing still present is Andy Reid.

I'm not saying he needs to be fired but knowing Philly. Sooner or later the ***** will hit the fan if losses keep racking up. Seeing how there are no more scapegoats. Just look at Reid's post-game conferences. He doesn't say anything because there is nowhere to point the blame besides himself. He can't go "He didn't know about over times." anymore. It's not an option.

He dumped everyone, he made the choice of keeping Vick. He picked the young o-line. He neglected the LBs and Safety positions. Post-Dawkins everyone knew our safeties was subpar. He neglected it. He chose to pick up Asomugha.

It's all on him this time. Sure it's the players fault for not preforming as well but there really isn't any place to point the blame besides Reid.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 PM
RajahBell
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 RajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,909,221,013.85
Total Points: 69,909,222,393.41
Happy Holidays  RajahBell, - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendOfLink View Post
The Eagles. I don't think anyone in Philadelphia cares about Andy Reid's most winning percentage out of any coach in the nfl. We want a ****ing super bowl win. And he has been coach of The Eagles for how long now? Over 10 years I believe? It's time for a change. Andy Reid ****ed up making that one mexican guy the defensive coordinator. Whats that guys name anyways?

Good coach, but not right for The Eagles organization. It's time for a change, he had his turn as coach as The Eagles and had a long run but it wasn't great enough to win that big game. He should have led The Eagles to a super bowl victory against The Patriots but failed to do so. And yes I know that The Patriots are a great team but you can't deny the fact that game was a very winnable game for The Eagles.
Don't panic yet. It's too early to fire Andy Reid, the division is still winnable. The defense has not gelled at all. Juan Castillo is pretty inexperienced at the job, so other teams have been raping them. The linebacker core is young as well, they can't stop the ground and pound with that big hole. Nnamdi Asomugha has not lived up to the hype, he's getting beat by backup receivers.

The offense is fine and explosive, as long as Vick remains healthy. The offensive line just needs to protect him better.

They fix the defense and they'll be in contention. Wait until the end of the season, the NFC East is an open division.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
hhs661
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 hhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 138,478,379,968,577.98
Total Points: 138,506,335,816,740.62
Thanks for ur help homie - The Surgeon haha, great manny ipod songs! - chiguy91 Keep it hard, keep it classy - lparm Funny mofo - Sugar Booger 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Gunz View Post
Great post, exactly the Eagles problems.

As for McCoy though I think he is better then Westbrook. Westbrook was good at screens and ok at running but McCoy is great at both.
He might be. I loved watching Westbrook play, even against my Cowboys cause he was a poor man's LT/Marshall Faulk until he got his just due. McCoy's in the same mold and yet again, Reid for whatever reason, goes away from duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
lol. I remember those spots you mentioned hhs, being trouble spots post-2004.

TO got ran out, he was the scapegoat(he was a poison though).
Dawkins was supposedly old and the defense was aging. Another scapegoat.
LJ Smith was supposedly too slow and not the same after his injury. Scapegoat.
McNabb was a scapegoat for 2 yrs before being traded. Despite honestly, crap time management(wasted timeouts) and ***** goalline calls. Scapegoat.
Westbrook was seen as his legs being gone. Scapegoat.

There are no more scapegoats with this team. The only thing still present is Andy Reid.

I'm not saying he needs to be fired but knowing Philly. Sooner or later the ***** will hit the fan if losses keep racking up. Seeing how there are no more scapegoats. Just look at Reid's post-game conferences. He doesn't say anything because there is nowhere to point the blame besides himself. He can't go "He didn't know about over times." anymore. It's not an option.

He dumped everyone, he made the choice of keeping Vick. He picked the young o-line. He neglected the LBs and Safety positions. Post-Dawkins everyone knew our safeties was subpar. He neglected it. He chose to pick up Asomugha.

It's all on him this time. Sure it's the players fault for not preforming as well but there really isn't any place to point the blame besides Reid.
Yeah, I remember them doing that to Jeremiah Trotter and the solid CBs they had during that run as well. Then they bring him back once he really is too old. You're right about the scapegoats, this season they really have no one but I guess they could use the lack of off-season training, D. Jax's holdout and Vick's lack of protection as possible excuses. Who knows. They really don't look good at all. Nnamdi's getting burnt, missing tackles and to be honest, they have problems all over the field.

The thing with Aso always had me smh because I felt they didn't really need him, tbh. I loved the trade for Kolb. I felt like they got the best part of that deal, but jesus why in the hell would you go after Aso for?

Either way, I love it. I'm a Cowboys fan and love seeing a team with more problems than romo for a change.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:49 PM
uoykcuf
Banned

Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,025,497.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

Not me, before all the fat bald headed jokes. But I agree with this guy.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Rocky...
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Rocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond reputeRocky... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,932,529,730,329.00
Total Points: 3,932,529,738,371.12
We could have Shearer but he's a wanker So please don't take my Larsson away! - Brüno one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore C'mon the Hoops. - Sir Tom Jones 'mon the hoops! - Mr. Green Celtic - texanballer 
Drink up man - mangler Cheers mate .Found better odds - alza1988 Watch Celtic lose on this - El Pachuco I Hope Sobriety is working out for you ! - The RealDeal Goolies - D.I.E.S.E.L 
Thx for hook up, ballin time :D - kyshenko team HOOPS - rorymac Cheers - JoeWbbmest311 St. Paddy! :) - I ♥ RVP Cubaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :) - *Boss Lady* 
Cuba, Cuba, Cuba, Cuba! NOW! :D - *Boss Lady* :love: - *Boss Lady* It's almost that day again, Happy St. Paddy's day :kiss: - Bossy :love: - -jose- Great non cowardly poster F*** the cowards - Resilient 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - siablo14 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - street bully AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BritishBoxing92 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ¡¡WARGARITO!! Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - D.I.E.S.E.L Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - I ♥ RVP 

It was good to see the egales get beat again, i love it
Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,494.59
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Andy Reid has always been massively overrated. I don't see how anyone denies this.