Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,030,079,033.51
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

You're only 15, theres no rush. Boxing should be a hobby, something you enjoy. Don't let it stress you out.

If your sparring doesn't improve, or you feel unprepared for the competition.......don't do it, there will be many other competitions for when you are ready.

You can spend the next 5 years working on your form, fitness and sparring.............and you'll still be young then!!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,062,443,737,743.38
Total Points: 58,046,355,404,558.62
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

You get good nights and bad nights bro, such is life.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:58 PM
TheSpartan
Amateur

Total Points: 3,586.06
Send a message via MSN to TheSpartan

dont get disappointed, the amount of times as a boxer you will feel down are countless..but how many times will you get up? i should have entered 5 championships..i got injured or someone died before each of them...and all of that hard training, diet, no ice creams, no pizza stuff i made went for nothing..and i still say "its ok..i will do it next time", being good doesnt come in a day and being bad doesnt happen in a day, its takes time and time, you do more endurance training than i do...yet i think i still have more stamina, anyways, keep it up, whenever you feel down, look at the negative side of what will happen if u stop boxing or if u got lazy. for those who lost matches before this is very effective cuz the feeling of losing a match is killing, no one want to feel it again, so... after looking at the negative, look at the positive and compare and choose which way you wanna live, being a pro boxer famous around the world? or some random guy that does nothing but eating chips on the sofa? train hard, train more, training is the only thing that will never betray u! good luck!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:10 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,075,537.65

thank you everyone for the kind words, may god bless you all!

i had a rough week, i was doing mass boxing and sparring 6 times a week and nothing improved. im trying my best to make my skills the best as possible but nothing went well. ive been doing my roadwork regularly, 5~6 times a week 4~7km including maybe 1~2 sprints during the longer run.

i actually don't have stamina so i was really concerned about it, so much that i gas out in the middle of the 1st round, but my friend told me that it might be the fact that i don't breath during padworks/sparrings.

does breathing help you even a little during training? sorry im being a noob here but no one ever taught me the importance and the fundamentals of breathing :-/
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 AM
TheSpartan
Amateur

Total Points: 3,586.06
Send a message via MSN to TheSpartan

if there is no difference, then pro fighters wouldnt put on a mask so its harder to breath=harder workout you must breath in every punch, yes, it makes a huge difference!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of

thanks man, sorry it might be like such a noob question but... how do you breath? as in, you breath from your nose or mouth?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 6 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 655,984,329.91
Total Points: 1,862,581,404.01
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom. enjoy - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymayforever View Post
thanks man, sorry it might be like such a noob question but... how do you breath? as in, you breath from your nose or mouth?
Both, but breath mostly with your nose because it will keep your pulse lower then if you are mouth breathing.
Exhale when you punch but not to much when you throw combinations.
And as I have told you a hundred times now bro, you have to relax.
When you are tense you waste so much energy and every punch drains your stamina.
Relax your shoulders and your arms and torso will get relaxed.

Last edited by Mohammedini; 10-11-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

thanks ma, today i sparred (will post another thread about it and a youtube video )
and i breathed, it still tired me but it actually was aLOT better!!
haha
but the pad work after that just killed me, only i was able to do like 1 R of it, maybe it was because i wasn't breathing as well, ill try to breath on a regular basis
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 6 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 655,984,329.91
Total Points: 1,862,581,404.01
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom. enjoy - Barnburner 

BTw your coaches/coach still sound lousy.
Making everything a horrible over complicated process and making you overthink EVERYTHING.
Also not coaching you during your first sparring and telling you how to conserve energy.
Instead he tells you to throw 1-2's for 5-10 min's lol on the sidelines.
Usually a Coach is supposed to analyse how you are doing in sparring and tell you what to work on.
OFC everyone has a hard times pacing themself in their first sessions.
And OFC you aren't extending your punches fully cuz you never do it while shadowboxing.
This is something that your coaches should have corrected much earlier.

"Speed and form" lol when a person is over thinking a physical action and are stiff it is very hard to work on your "speed and form".
They keep throwing things at you that confuses you, make you stiff and tense.

BTW everyone has a bad training session now and again.
It happens, don't over think it.
BTW keep asking for sparring and focus on loosening up your tense boxing stance.
Shadow box nonstop for 30 sec-1 min intervals in fullspeed and with fully extended punches.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,876,110,748,855.90
Total Points: 34,876,110,808,673.32
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Just keep on showing up and working hard. In time things will just fall into place for you.

Boxing isn't something that is mastered in a year or even 2 years. I fought for 14 years and there are still things to work on, minor tweeks and such.

While you would like to be perfect in form during your training a guys first bout against another novice usually will turn out pretty ugly with little skill displayed.

My advice when you are sparring is to just get your shots off first and get them off straight. Worry more about touching your opponent than hitting him with style and grace, that will come later.

Everybody has off days. Just be sure to show up the next day with a fresh mind and perspective.

Good luck with it..........Rockin'