Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-07-2011, 10:06 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,075,503.65
Default I'm ashamed of myself...

Hey guys, My name is Taisei, 15 years old aiming for amateur/pro

I can't help but to be really depressed about today.
Today I did my second sparring, and the coach told me I did much better than last time although I had this obvious sensation that I was throwing arm punches. To correct it, I started hitting the heavybag for 6 R, and suddenly my coach told me and said,
"Hey come here Taisei."
"Yes sir?"
"I can't help but to realize you're throwing your punch not fully extended. I don't think what you're doing is tiring you at all."

**** I was tired. Did 2 R of sparring, I changed my style and went in and threw punches like hell until I gased out at the end and after that I constantly throwed one-twos during the 2 R of pad works with you. It is partially my fault of not having the efficient stamina but I couldn't help but to say "I guess."

"Take off your gloves, and shadow box without any steps. One-two,one-two. Concentrate on speed and form."

So I did it, and I was freaking tired from all the work I did, 2 R of intense (personally it felt intense, maybe it wasn't lol) and 2 R of constant one-twos without rest, 6 R of heavy bag and now he telling me to shadow box my ass off without making a "tired" face, and in times stop breathing and do it.

This practice was so hard that I think I finished my workout in like an hour and a half, actually my coach told me to wrap up y workout with it. I should've said, "No coach please let me stay." But I couldn't I was too tired.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, I'm really frustrated at myself for not having the results I want. I really want that "perfect form" and that stamina to last at least 2 R.

I have my first sparring "competition" next month, if today I did a workout that's basically the "beginning", I can only imagine what kind of workout I would be doing for the next month.

Can anyone please give me some advice? I think my coach was right about sticking to the basics, I should have respected him and now I really do. My body kind of rocks during one-twos, I'm throwing arm punches(but I'm trying to throw good shots), I'm freaking slow, I don't extend my arms (I try to), everything isn't going well these days.

I'm really worried if I can do good in the competition, with my low stamina and poor techniques I don't think I could get a good result.

I apologize for the long story, but if anyone could give me some tips in advance that would be awesome
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Juof
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Juof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,372,162,624,628.90
Total Points: 27,072,512,812,182.13
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
here bro! I'll start off your next row. - jose830 you only need 3 more now to complete your gifts. I got you. - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 

Sounds, to me like your not ready for bouts yet. Your trainer should not be making you box if you can barely shadowbox after two rounds of boxing. What I'd do is carry on with training working on your technique in the mirror etc, also you'll know your ready to box when your doing good in sparring, it feels right and you'll have more confidence going into your fight. Don't feel ashamed we all start somewhere I love when I haven't boxed in a while and I feel like crap on the first day then as the weeks go on you start to feel better physically and mentally. Stick with it, it will all get easier in the long run
Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 288 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,759,661,526.60
Total Points: 9,759,676,702.62
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

well man it could also b a bit of exhaustion...if i remember right you've been training pretty darn hard on a consistant basis...that can lead to overtraining wich basicly depletes ur body of say "gas" without refilling up...a few days of complete rest and relaxation then back in the gym refocused could do ya some good..it happens to the best of us during boxing...one week or two everything feels gr8 then the next its just crap...relax..dont worry we all have the bad days of training..it will get back to better with some rest
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of

Thanks man. Thing is I can shadow box normally after sparring/pad works but when you're exhausted and you have to stop your breath and not make a tired face, that adds some real difficulties lol. thanks man, I'll try my best!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

i don't know if i'm overtraining, am i?

i go for a 4~7km run before my gymwork, i'm not a morning person so if i run at morning i tend to get sleepy during school. should i be running in the morning even if it does make me tired?

Today I did

Shadow Box w/out wraps 2R
Jump rope 3R (put sprints in between but not today)
Shadow Box 5R
Sparring 2 R
Pad work 2R
HeavyBag 6R
Shadow box without breathing and not making a tired face, constantly throwing one-two's for a full 3 minute round for 4R

I usually do
Jump rope 3R (put sprints in between)
Shadow Box 5R
Sparring/Mass Boxing 2 R
Pad work 2R
HeavyBag 5~10R
Speed bag 2~3R
Weight Lift
Shoulders
Forearm
P90X Ab ripper X 3~4 times a week

i dont feel like overtraining, i got a day off yesterday because of school work. but thanks a bunch, i'll try to treat my body well
Old 10-07-2011, 11:26 AM
cja07007
Contender

Rep Power: 5 cja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,705.82
thanks for the link - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy 
No Message - BostonGuy 

Yo man don't overthink this stuff. I know you want perfect form and so do I but sometimes if you get your mind going a little to much you can kind of mind-fuk yourself. Relax and dont get all worked up about a mistake or something. Just go in there and work and dont let some little bump slow you down.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 AM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 288 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymayforever View Post
i don't know if i'm overtraining, am i?

i go for a 4~7km run before my gymwork, i'm not a morning person so if i run at morning i tend to get sleepy during school. should i be running in the morning even if it does make me tired?

Today I did

Jump rope 3R (put sprints in between but not today)
Shadow Box 5R
Sparring 2 R
Pad work 2R
HeavyBag 6R
Shadow box without breathing and not making a tired face, constantly throwing one-two's for a full 3 minute round for 4R

I usually do
Jump rope 3R (put sprints in between)
Shadow Box 5R
Sparring/Mass Boxing 2 R
Pad work 2R
HeavyBag 5~10R
Speed bag 2~3R
Weight Lift
Shoulders
Forearm
P90X Ab ripper X 3~4 times a week

i dont feel like overtraining, i got a day off yesterday because of school work. but thanks a bunch, i'll try to treat my body well
it doesnt necc take overworkin in one day...its more if u train hard alllll the time...one day off is not enough time for a body to rest....altho let me add everyone is different...when i ran track in college...after a few hard weeks of trainin mainly 6 days a week...i needed 3 days off...at the end of weeks my times were slowing i felt sluggish...i take the 3 days..i come back on mon and pow...right back in swing of things feelen gr8...some need 4 some need jus 2..but just one day of rest usually isnt enough less ur on some good PEDS...lol
Old 10-07-2011, 11:54 AM
SplitSecond
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 39 SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,335,009,280.22
Total Points: 119,566,229,004.08
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymayforever View Post
what drove you to something so idiotic?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh! View Post
what drove you to something so idiotic?
u noticed that too huh??? meant to comment on that...one should always breathe on punches..if u do not breathe...u will die...my coach always told me..lol
Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM
IronBoxer
Contender

Rep Power: 4 IronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,130.18
Some green because I can't green K you, good post. - dancovboxer 

TS it seems to me you're trying to rush things and I also have the feeling your coach is also doing the same as well. Just as you cannot build the roof of a house without first laying a foundation, you cannot expect to have the necessary stamina wihout first building a base. You should be doing roadwork on an almost daily basis, then you'll find that everything else becomes much easier and you can work at much levels. Do simple claisthenics like push ups, sit ups, knee bends, pull ups and the likes every other day, eventually you'll build the strength to do them every day(note: NEVER go to failure, that'll set back your gains).

You shouldn't be feeling ashamed. When I first started boxing, I was in the same predicament but through time, consistency and hard work I got better and better. Apply the same to yourself and you'll see the results. Good luck.