Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-07-2011, 01:31 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,088,271,481.61
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Cleverly - Starting To Build His Championship Legacy

By Thomas Gerbasi - As Nathan Cleverly sat in his London hotel room in May, just before what should have been the biggest moment of his career, he thought about packing his bags and heading back to Wales for a moment, and no one would have blamed him if he did.

He fulfilled his part of the bargain before his WBO light heavyweight bout against Germany’s Juergen Braehmer, training and showing up ready to make weight and fight. Brahmer didn’t, pulling out of the fight on the Wednesday before the opening bell.

The withdrawal saw Cleverly elevated from interim to full 175-pound champion, and he still wanted to fight, so his promoter, Frank Warren, found him an opponent in Commonwealth titlist Tony Bellew. Bellew didn’t make weight on Friday.

Strike two.

“It was difficult, a lot of changes,” said Cleverly. “I think I had been in training for four to five months for that fight (with Braehmer) because of a few cancellations and change of dates. I was actually in training camp for a very long time for one opponent, and when I hear about two days before the fight that the opponent doesn’t arrive in the country, it was a bit of a blow because you had your heart and your mind set on one individual. But this is boxing and sometimes you’ve got to deal with this. And then there was another change of opponent. In steps Tony Bellew, and he fails to make the fight unsurprisingly, and obviously we got another change. At one point I was in the hotel and I contemplated just packing up and going home because I thought the fight wasn’t going to take place, that it was too late notice to find and opponent.” [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,072,951.03
To another real passionate boxing fan!! - LoadedWraps 

Championship legacy, is this a joke?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Vladimir Putin
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Vladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these partsVladimir Putin is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 588.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
No, there must be some new disease in the UK happening, in the last few months we have heart from

Haye "Im going to KO Vitali"

McKloskey "I made Amir Khan look average despite losing every round and getting KO'd"

DeGayle chit talking

Barker talking about him KO'ing Martinez (on fight night he just runs around with Guard up and QUIT)

Brook (talking crap)

Burns (talking crap)

Plus there was another UK twat talking alot of crap.

Whats up with all these UK bums talking crap? I wonder what their promoters are saying, none of these guys proved anything in their careers but talk more smack than someone like Fury/Froch/Khan
Old 10-07-2011, 10:48 AM
rampant
Contender

Rep Power: 5 rampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,610,014,442.13
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 

Well he has got a fight with Bellew now but that doesnt prove anything on the world stage.

Whilst I like Cleverley he still has a long way to go to prove his worth of being a World champion, he's yet to fight a world class oppent.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Alec900
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Alec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,973,140,743,405.92
Total Points: 77,386,439,930,611.53
thanks man!!! - RRICAN 1K posts! - BattlingNelson 1K. Have a treat homey. - mangler Congrats on the 1K playa! - RicDaRula Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Cheers - dan_cov Cheers! - dan_cov 

he hasn't done sh*t and already talking about retirement.lols
Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 PM
English puncher
Interim Champion

Total Points: 12,888.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
Do you know what it takes to be a champion pal!! even if a guy has not fought recognised hard fights and named opposition the casual fan would not understand, it will always be a legacy to the fighter, maybe not the supporter .. he deserves respect for how he has handled his limited competition so far, he will be good to watch in a big dust up also .... seriously though, the deiscipline it takes to get to clev's level, is just one of many reasons you cant see why this man is building his legacy!

WAr Clevva's!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,072,951.03
To another real passionate boxing fan!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by English puncher View Post
Do you know what it takes to be a champion pal!! even if a guy has not fought recognised hard fights and named opposition the casual fan would not understand, it will always be a legacy to the fighter, maybe not the supporter .. he deserves respect for how he has handled his limited competition so far, he will be good to watch in a big dust up also .... seriously though, the deiscipline it takes to get to clev's level, is just one of many reasons you cant see why this man is building his legacy!

WAr Clevva's!
After seeing your name I can understand your devoted blindness to the true facts. And I may be mistaken but not winning your alphabet strap in an actual fight and then defending it against a fighter not even ranked in the top 25, and not even looking all that good in the win, does little to help build a legacy. But, I guess to Cleverly and his fans it goes a long way.

Last edited by Ravens Fan; 10-07-2011 at 10:41 PM.