Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 92 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,653,659,318,907.28
Total Points: 10,653,759,576,146.62
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Most fighters will take their time in the opening rounds. Taking the time to see your opponents speed, time to find his rythme and easing your punches in between. To dance about using the ring just seeing........

But there is a time when you have to shift gears. Having seen the neccesities it is a fighters duty to begin pushing the fight. Whether it be crowding in and rough housing or standing on the outside and sticking the jab. Whatever it turns out to be you go for for it and make it work. Alterations will be made to this process through the fight but you gotta do something.

There is one attribute that no coach or trainer through the history of the game has ever been able to teach..................Rockin'
Are you saying that Barker didn't have the skills, knowledge or will to turn the fight in his favor? I can see that. A lot of people can be instructed to do a certain thing but it is the world class fighters that can change on the fly and put themselves in the right spot to win. Still think his team should put their fighter in the best spot to win, not his best spot for health. This is Boxing and you know what you get into when you sign up for it. Winning a fight should be the most important thing on a corners mind.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 101 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 253,894,870,140.30
Total Points: 2,530,895,120,678.51
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon 

That's a very good way to fight for guys who don't have the most athleticism in the world. No one looks good against it, and only the very best can convincingly beat that style. Barker's style wasn't the problem, it was just that he isn't good enough or experienced enough to beat Martinez.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19448 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,777,928,686,615.55
Total Points: 5,842,838,718,420.85
add to you collection, bro! - Talisayen bottoms up - Talisayen have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz 
Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Are you saying that Barker didn't have the skills, knowledge or will to turn the fight in his favor? I can see that. A lot of people can be instructed to do a certain thing but it is the world class fighters that can change on the fly and put themselves in the right spot to win. Still think his team should put their fighter in the best spot to win, not his best spot for health. This is Boxing and you know what you get into when you sign up for it. Winning a fight should be the most important thing on a corners mind.
Even when they were bombing on me I was bombing right back. If I was down on points I had to push forward trying to get those shots back, and then alittle extra. Ofcourse your clock will be chimed as the percussion rolls about your mind, but thats part of the dance. You gotta want it!............Rockin'
Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Marshall89
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Marshall89 has a spectacular aura aboutMarshall89 has a spectacular aura aboutMarshall89 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,024,802.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
LOL, yeah that's boxing if you plan on never being able to compete truly on a top level. That guy never had a chance of victory when you break down his skills and what would give him a chance at victory. Barker isn't very skilled and his best chance to win WAS NOT to fight like that.
Trainers tell their fighers to fight like that so they don't get savagely knocked out mate. Say your at an amateur boxing club, yu been their for 3 or 4 years, would yu jump in the ring with the ABA World Champion and keep your hands low and try and trade with him for 4 - 6 rounds ? ?
Serious question? n there's your answer right there............

This fight was a Big step up for Barker yu know, I would have thought that was obvious to any boxing fans... Sergio is a world class fighter, people saying he shudn't be on the pound-4-pound list 'cos he neva got Barker outta there earlier are talkin ****. Yeah, Barker was always coming forward, but he had his hands glued in position to protect his head for 11 rounds Lol, what was Sergio meant to do? Low Blow him when the ref weren't lookin and them smash his jaw when his hands were down graspin his bollocks ?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 92 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall89 View Post
Trainers tell their fighers to fight like that so they don't get savagely knocked out mate. Say your at an amateur boxing club, yu been their for 3 or 4 years, would yu jump in the ring with the ABA World Champion and keep your hands low and try and trade with him for 4 - 6 rounds ? ?
Serious question? n there's your answer right there............

This fight was a Big step up for Barker yu know, I would have thought that was obvious to any boxing fans... Sergio is a world class fighter, people saying he shudn't be on the pound-4-pound list 'cos he neva got Barker outta there earlier are talkin ****. Yeah, Barker was always coming forward, but he had his hands glued in position to protect his head for 11 rounds Lol, what was Sergio meant to do? Low Blow him when the ref weren't lookin and them smash his jaw when his hands were down graspin his bollocks ?
I understand the amateur ranks while you're learning but I don't think it is comparable. The reason why is in the am's you are learning on the job and not sure what you can achieve or what you can overcome. To Barker, this fight was a huge step up but with huge step ups come great reward. He never was put in a position where he could of got the victory and been rewarded greatly(resume and purse wise). It's the same thing with Joshua Clottey. This is your moment and if you fight like that, you're going to lose. Why not put yourself in the best position to win, if you're going to lose anyways? Barkers team put him in the position to not be knocked out and give tough rounds but he certainly wasn't going to win that fight unless he stepped out of his safety.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Joseph Stalin
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Joseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these partsJoseph Stalin is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 300,159,708.81

Darren Barker came to just collect a paycheck and not get KO'd. It was evident, he pulled a David Haye/ Shane Mosley.

Then at the end as he was tiring he just QUIT. Dude is a joke. He was talking smack before the fight too.

I bet you he will have the McKloskey UK Twat disease of him saying "i made Khan-Sergio look Average, bla bla bla"

There is a reason hardcore boxing fans never heard of Barker, he is a boring twat. Reminded me of a white Bhop in terms of Boring-ness.

if Barker had a dirty cheating trainer like Nazim Richardson he mightve won yesterday by elbowing/headbutting/pretend to get hit low/ and illegally hitting Sergio like Bhop always does he mightve squeeked out a boring 12 UD (now known as a 12RD BHOP UD)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 AM
street bully
Tua's daddy.

Rep Power: 68 street bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 182,797,239,520.29
Total Points: 188,707,152,719.93
tua is god! - Mr._Pink have a burger my nigguh - mangler jr have a donut my nizzle... - Roy O'Bannon For being one of the realest ni99as - mangler jr My nigguh! - mangler jr 
BFF....(boxing friend forever, lol) - Roy O'Bannon For that, I'm getting you THIS! The worst gift EVER!!! - RiΖO Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. Happy holidays my nigguh - mangler No Message - Texanballer 
The Book of Bully - street bully jr One of the good Soapy supporters - -Ash- asalam malakem my brotha - Roy O'Bannon steve nash &amp;gt;&amp;gt; dwayne wade - Derramged cheers - riz!...oh? 
ATG - Mucus War Colts - El Mustang ATG Poster and Real Man - Stone Roses! merry xmas - Subtraction Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Makavelli Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Mr._Pink Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler jr Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Naestro USA 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Nuurzhaelan AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Mr. Green Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - shobox Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MR. RIZ 

Well considering he was a handpicked domestic club fighter in britain, he did good and was competitive throughout.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by street bully View Post
Well considering he was a handpicked domestic club fighter in britain, he did good and was competitive throughout.
Yeah, I get all that. He held in there but he was never going to win. Are we going to travel thousands of miles just to look decent and collect a paycheck or are we going to lay it all out, put ourselves in the best position to win, and actually attempt to shock the world? Had he got blown out in 3 rounds but actually attempted to get Sergio out(his right hand was landing when thrown) I would of respected that a whole lot more than earmuffs. Maybe his team did feel that this was the best way to win but from what I saw it didn't look like counter punching, defense to offense type of fighting was his best asset.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
Darren Barker came to just collect a paycheck and not get KO'd. It was evident, he pulled a David Haye/ Shane Mosley.

Then at the end as he was tiring he just QUIT. Dude is a joke. He was talking smack before the fight too.

I bet you he will have the McKloskey UK Twat disease of him saying "i made Khan-Sergio look Average, bla bla bla"

There is a reason hardcore boxing fans never heard of Barker, he is a boring twat. Reminded me of a white Bhop in terms of Boring-ness.

if Barker had a dirty cheating trainer like Nazim Richardson he mightve won yesterday by elbowing/headbutting/pretend to get hit low/ and illegally hitting Sergio like Bhop always does he mightve squeeked out a boring 12 UD (now known as a 12RD BHOP UD)
I hate when fighters or teams do that. The whole point of sports is to win. When you take moral victories, you look pathetic.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Marshall89
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Marshall89 has a spectacular aura aboutMarshall89 has a spectacular aura aboutMarshall89 has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 1,024,802.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post

There are 2 poor points in this post....

I agree that everyone should give it everything to win, you should go out fighting like Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva in UFC.
But Sergio is on a whole next level to Barker, he would have got KO'd much earlier and given his fans a poor fight if he had taken a different fight plan and gone in tryna knock him out and he wouldn't have beaten him on points althoug he was competitive.

That in bold right there is wrong bro. Darren never just quit 'cos he was tired, He wouldn't have tried to get back up if he quit. And did yu even watch the fight? When he was sat in his corner at the end yu could see his head was shook n he was dazed.....
Barker, trash talking? When was this? lmao, I've seen a few interviews and he never said a word of bull**** in my eyes, he just said he wanted the fight 'cos he thought he could win.... whats wrong with that?
If that's smack talk to you then you must think David Haye the Devil on Earth.....

This is wrong aswell b, The reason boxing diehards never heard of Barker is because he has never been in any International level fight with a world class boxer before n thats only the second time he's fought outside of the UK....
If he is boring then Bradley's like watching fockin paint dry, Barker's had less fights, KO'd more and has usually dominated his opponent.......