Recent Kevin Rooney interview about Mike Tyson - Page 3 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 PM #21
BKM-2010 BKM-2010 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,523
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,156,284,567.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,284,567.57
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 
For Battling The Evil That Is Islam - Rocky... No Message - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
[I][B][FONT=Arial]I never said that was a fact, just an opinion.
If you claim Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson himself then you have to either prove your claim or retract your statement. That's not an opinion. You should learn the diffirence between an opinion and a fact.


Quote:
You can pretend that Rooney wasn't (isn't?) a degenerate gambler and an alcoholic. I know better. And this is a boxing message board which is always going to be full of speculation. That's why nobody has ever sued me.
Rooney having addictions doesn't prove your claim at all. Rooney has always talked about how much he cared about Tyson, so I'm willing to believe him and everybody else who was actually around them that said the same thing, instead of you just because you said "believe me".

Quote:
This is a reminder to me that even after all those years, there are boxing fans and there are Tyson fans
I'm a Lewis fan first and foremost, but nice try at trying to label me some kind of nuthugger of a certain fighter. You aren't the first one to try and fail at that, though.
BKM-2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM #22
Scott9945 Scott9945 is offline
Gonna be more suspicious
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 22,220
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Rep Power: 88
Scott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,280,051,401,007.10
Bank: 511,183,695,646,953,984.00
Total Points: 511,194,975,698,355,008.00
not sure if u drink beer so i bought u a pepsi - writeright you're ok with me too bro - Left Hook Tua a bribe for free porn. lol - Left Hook Tua Cheers - T-97 Meant to send this to you earlier but sent to myself by mistake lol. Cheers - joseph5620 
First round on me - mrpain81 8K Posts - T-97 You're killing them in the political debates! lol. - joseph5620 Cheers amigo - anonymousboxing Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led top poster - JAB5239 Great poster. - Barnburner Yes lets ban the troll - McGoorty In honor of Joe Frazier - Terry A 
Merry Christmas - The Surgeon good poster - jazluvr thanks for the swift e-points payment - jas one of the great posters in the history forum - jas for a year of quality posts in 2014 - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
If you claim Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson himself then you have to either prove your claim or retract your statement. That's not an opinion. You should learn the diffirence between an opinion and a fact.
How can anyone possibly prove for a fact that someone else cared more about money than a person's well being? Be reasonable. This is a boxing message board, not a court of law. So I retract nothing and offer no apologies.
Scott9945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:44 PM #23
joseph5620 joseph5620 is offline
undisputed
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Calabasas, Calif
Posts: 9,791
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,043,005,239,577.86
Bank: 3,975,512,326,219,341.00
Total Points: 3,987,555,331,458,918.50
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
loves muhammad's c0ck - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
How can anyone possibly prove for a fact that someone else cared more about money than a person's well being? Be reasonable. This is a boxing message board, not a court of law. So I retract nothing and offer no apologies.
Right. Unless he can prove for a fact that Rooney cared more about Tyson than the money.
joseph5620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:29 PM #24
TAC602 TAC602 is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 65
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
TAC602 will become famous soon enough
Points: 6,150.79
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,150.79
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
I never said that was a fact, just an opinion. You can pretend that Rooney wasn't (isn't?) a degenerate gambler and an alcoholic. I know better. And this is a boxing message board which is always going to be full of speculation. That's why nobody has ever sued me.

This is a reminder to me that even after all those years, there are boxing fans and there are Tyson fans.
I'm actually partial to swarmers in general, particularly in the heavyweight division. I like Frazier, Marciano and Dempsey about the same as I do Tyson for the most part. He's the fastest and most powerful of the group, visually and not strictly relative to era and a massively entertaining fighter in his prime. I can see why people become irritated with a portion of his fan base, but what's done is done and he won't soon be forgotten.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM #25
BKM-2010 BKM-2010 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,523
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,156,284,567.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,284,567.57
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 
For Battling The Evil That Is Islam - Rocky... No Message - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
[I][B][FONT=Arial]How can anyone possibly prove for a fact that someone else cared more about money than a person's well being?]
Exactly, so why even make an extremely arrogant statement like that in the first place if you''re only offering your own assumptions? You don't understand that a statement like that can get annoyed reactions from people who like the guy? And again, you did not give an opinion. You do not seem to know what an opinion is.

Quote:
Be reasonable. This is a boxing message board, not a court of law. So I retract nothing and offer no apologies.
You said Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson, then you said believe "BELIEVE ME". I guess in your ideal world nobody should ask you for proof of that, right? Because it just would not be convenient for you if you couldn't make untrue comments without having to back anything up. I guess you put more effort into which color your posts are than actually trying to back up your claims.
BKM-2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM #26
Scott9945 Scott9945 is offline
Gonna be more suspicious
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 22,220
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Rep Power: 88
Scott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,280,051,401,007.10
Bank: 511,183,695,646,953,984.00
Total Points: 511,194,975,698,355,008.00
not sure if u drink beer so i bought u a pepsi - writeright you're ok with me too bro - Left Hook Tua a bribe for free porn. lol - Left Hook Tua Cheers - T-97 Meant to send this to you earlier but sent to myself by mistake lol. Cheers - joseph5620 
First round on me - mrpain81 8K Posts - T-97 You're killing them in the political debates! lol. - joseph5620 Cheers amigo - anonymousboxing Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led top poster - JAB5239 Great poster. - Barnburner Yes lets ban the troll - McGoorty In honor of Joe Frazier - Terry A 
Merry Christmas - The Surgeon good poster - jazluvr thanks for the swift e-points payment - jas one of the great posters in the history forum - jas for a year of quality posts in 2014 - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
Exactly, so why even make an extremely arrogant statement like that in the first place if you''re only offering your own assumptions? You don't understand that a statement like that can get annoyed reactions from people who like the guy? And again, you did not give an opinion. You do not seem to know what an opinion is.



You said Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson, then you said believe "BELIEVE ME". I guess in your ideal world nobody should ask you for proof of that, right? Because it just would not be convenient for you if you couldn't make untrue comments without having to back anything up. I guess you put more effort into which color your posts are than actually trying to back up your claims.
I'm done wasting my time with your irrational arguments on this topic. Once again, you can't prove a persons true motivations. But I'm damn sure that I'm entitled to comment on them here . If you don't think so then you can report my posts to the moderator.

I don't understand what colors you're referring to. All my posts look the same to me. Sorry if I damaged your Catskills fantasies. I'm sure that you're determined to get the last word in, so go ahead...
Scott9945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:12 PM #27
BKM-2010 BKM-2010 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,523
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,156,284,567.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,284,567.57
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 
For Battling The Evil That Is Islam - Rocky... No Message - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
I'm done wasting my time with your irrational arguments on this topic. Once again, you can't prove a persons true motivations. But I'm damn sure that I'm entitled to comment on them here . If you don't think so then you can report my posts to the moderator.

I don't understand what colors you're referring to. All my posts look the same to me. Sorry if I damaged your Catskills fantasies. I'm sure that you're determined to get the last word in, so go ahead...
Don't get mad because someone called you out on it. You wanted us to believe you, but your assumptions aren't enough for me to believe Rooney was that evil that he only cared about money. I guess I have "catskills fantasies'' because I believe stories from people who were actually there.

I assure you I won't be able to make dissrespectful assumptions about fighters' lives with no proof, and then be delusional enough to think nobody will have a problem with that here. And I actually wouldn't have had as much of a problem with you if you weren't so blatantly arrogant saying the words "believe me" in your comment and then offering nothing. Get over your Tyson hate bro.
BKM-2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 PM #28
Scott9945 Scott9945 is offline
Gonna be more suspicious
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 22,220
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Rep Power: 88
Scott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,280,051,401,007.10
Bank: 511,183,695,646,953,984.00
Total Points: 511,194,975,698,355,008.00
not sure if u drink beer so i bought u a pepsi - writeright you're ok with me too bro - Left Hook Tua a bribe for free porn. lol - Left Hook Tua Cheers - T-97 Meant to send this to you earlier but sent to myself by mistake lol. Cheers - joseph5620 
First round on me - mrpain81 8K Posts - T-97 You're killing them in the political debates! lol. - joseph5620 Cheers amigo - anonymousboxing Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led top poster - JAB5239 Great poster. - Barnburner Yes lets ban the troll - McGoorty In honor of Joe Frazier - Terry A 
Merry Christmas - The Surgeon good poster - jazluvr thanks for the swift e-points payment - jas one of the great posters in the history forum - jas for a year of quality posts in 2014 - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
Don't get mad because someone called you out on it. You wanted us to believe you, but your assumptions aren't enough for me to believe Rooney was that evil that he only cared about money. I guess I have "catskills fantasies'' because I believe stories from people who were actually there.

I assure you I won't be able to make dissrespectful assumptions about fighters' lives with no proof, and then be delusional enough to think nobody will have a problem with that here. And I actually wouldn't have had as much of a problem with you if you weren't so blatantly arrogant saying the words "believe me" in your comment and then offering nothing. Get over your Tyson hate bro.

Obviously it escapes you that the expression "believe me" is just a figure of speech. But apparently for some reason it tripped your wire.

And I've never hated Tyson. Just his fans.
Scott9945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 PM #29
IronBoxer IronBoxer is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 135
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
IronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeIronBoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,827.18
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,827.18
Some green because I can't green K you, good post. - dancovboxer 
Default

I've always been Tyson fan but never a nuthugger.
IronBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 PM #30
WesleySnipes WesleySnipes is offline
Nino Brown Back In Town
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Carter Building
Age: 54
Posts: 1,336
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
WesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,191,034,019.54
Bank: 14,142,717,036.53
Total Points: 16,333,751,056.07
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBoxer View Post
I've always been Tyson fan but never a nuthugger.
holy moly...what a BOMBASTIC booty o.O
WesleySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
interview, kevin, mike, recent, rooney, tyson

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.