Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,941,607.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5 View Post
exactly. you have floyd buy himself out of top rank and is going thru court problems with them. goes to sign a fight with judah but judah goes n loses to boldimer. when being interviewd noone said why not margirito they was asking floyd bout boldimer the legit champion but floyd was already secured vs judah. he get offered 8 mil for margirito but arum also had options in floyds next fights. whats funny is arum even said floyd would fought margirito but he didnt because arum couldnt get him 10 mill to fight cotto and 10 for hatton. and arum never wanted floyd to fight oscar. so theres a reason for floyd not fighting and dealing with top rank ever since he left. and anyone who thinks floyd wouldnt have beat margirito easy is delusional fool. all these guys contradict themselves because whats good to say today might be wrong tomm.
The Judah fight was signed...They had an agreement but nothing was signed. After Judah lost, they went and re-worked the agreement because nothing was signed. Floyd could have fought someone else besides Judah.

Floyd turned down what was a career high payday at the time in Margarito. In that same interview Arum said that he would have granted an extension to the buyout deadline. Which no one ever mentions.

So in reality Floyd could have fought Margarito(best fighter in the division at the time), Baldomir(lineal champion), and Oscar. Or have fought Judah(don't know why), Margarito(best fighter in the division), and Oscar. Or could have fought Judah(don't know why, but in April), Margarito(best fighter in the division in August which was the original date), Baldomir(lineal champion in November), and Oscar.

But, Floyd chose to avoid the hell out of Margarito...However, I guess this now called a smart move, not a duck...But, then I guess every duck should be consider a smart move....Since there is always a reason to duck someone.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
| THE KING |
A King of Ones Self

Rep Power: 18 | THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute| THE KING | has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 132,854,304,319.46
Total Points: 133,017,526,189.89
Happy Holidays T.I. - Lorily 

I agree with TS.. but i got caught up with the girl in ur sig.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 55 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,471,508,683,449.92
Total Points: 22,471,508,683,597.35
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

So he chose to fight a front-running fraud who choked in every big fight he was in (Judah), a club fighter who was the worst lineal title holder in the history of the Welterweight division (Baldomir), and washed up pantyhose wearing crack-ho (De La Hoya).....OK :rolleyes9:

Poet
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM
STFU!!
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 STFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,031,902.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
The Judah fight was signed...They had an agreement but nothing was signed. After Judah lost, they went and re-worked the agreement because nothing was signed. Floyd could have fought someone else besides Judah.

Floyd turned down what was a career high payday at the time in Margarito. In that same interview Arum said that he would have granted an extension to the buyout deadline. Which no one ever mentions.

So in reality Floyd could have fought Margarito(best fighter in the division at the time), Baldomir(lineal champion), and Oscar. Or have fought Judah(don't know why), Margarito(best fighter in the division), and Oscar. Or could have fought Judah(don't know why, but in April), Margarito(best fighter in the division in August which was the original date), Baldomir(lineal champion in November), and Oscar.

But, Floyd chose to avoid the hell out of Margarito...However, I guess this now called a smart move, not a duck...But, then I guess every duck should be consider a smart move....Since there is always a reason to duck someone.
don't see why he would not fight margarito, *shrugs*. would have been an easy fight imo, but only floyd knows. **** all margarito had to do was win the wbc title. And arums promise of 10 million is bs. arum never gives people what he guarantees them. Who knows what went on behind the scenes.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM
cixthree
Banned

Rep Power: 0 cixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these partscixthree is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 361,651.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgata View Post
hard to take a video serious when they have stupid carton charters poping up every 20 secs, i sat through what i could.....

what i still dont get is why would Floyd fight Margs when he could make more $ fighting Baldomir and become lineal welter weight champ?
You've got it all wrong, you gotta understand what people are REALLY saying.
It's not the fact that they believe/wish nor want Floyd to have fought Margs, it's all mental hindsite.
In reality they wished Floyd had taken the Margs fight back then (BEFORE GETTING CAUGHT), so Margs would have PLASTERED him.
It's a sick world we live in aint it, lol...
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OralLepercy View Post
don't see why he would not fight margarito, *shrugs*. would have been an easy fight imo, but only floyd knows. **** all margarito had to do was win the wbc title.
"All he had to do"? You make it seem like it was a simple task.

How can you win a title, when the title holder doesn't want to fight you?

From Mayorga(not Ricardo but more so Don King) to Judah(who straight up said, didn't want to fight Margarito).

And, I think Margarito would have been his toughest fight since Castillo. Granted not saying much since Floyd hadn't had a tough fight since Castillo. But, Marg was more of a threat around 06' than who Floyd fought at the time. And, I think Floyd knew that IMO.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
STFU!!
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 STFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these partsSTFU!! is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixthree View Post
You've got it all wrong, you gotta understand what people are REALLY saying.
It's not the fact that they believe/wish nor want Floyd to have fought Margs, it's all mental hindsite.
In reality they wished Floyd had taken the Margs fight back then (BEFORE GETTING CAUGHT), so Margs would have PLASTERED him.
It's a sick world we live in aint it, lol...
LMFAO, your probably right. In hindsight if i knew what i know now then i wouldn't be jumping up and down for that fight. margo was fighting mexican cab drivers. dude fought on espn at the time ( didn't he **** that one dude ear up).
Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Kuyukut
Owning Floyd's Vagina

Rep Power: 43 Kuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 229,736,875,897,286,623,232.00
Total Points: 229,737,027,477,415,690,240.00
super kuyukut - BABYBOXER thanks for the mod acxknowledgment but i aint worthy, lol, nyahaha - Tha_Greatest some paper for your pocket - arraamis Have this - ??? pampatigas - BABYBOXER 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy beer bro - MANGLER Happy holidays alt! :D - led* For a good, unbiased poster. - thuggery for slurping mannys semen daily - Big Dunn 
Only posts the truth. - E.P.T. Good man - jazluvr A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 for the great M.J. gifs - UTEP 
top notch poster speaking nothing but truths - thuggery for generously donating 30 trillion points - jas 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - arraamis Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

On the first video lampley, merchant, and steward are laughing at Floyd for claiming he's greater then Leonard, hearns, etc...

then, people are leaving the arena when floyd was running around like a chicken fighting baldomir. ahahahahaha

but now floyd topped it off by sucker punching a cherry picked opponent. ahahahaha
Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
STFU!!
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
"All he had to do"? You make it seem like it was a simple task.

How can you win a title, when the title holder doesn't want to fight you?

From Mayorga(not Ricardo but more so Don King) to Judah(who straight up said, didn't want to fight Margarito).

And, I think Margarito would have been his toughest fight since Castillo. Granted not saying much since Floyd hadn't had a tough fight since Castillo. But, Marg was more of a threat around 06' than who Floyd fought at the time. And, I think Floyd knew that IMO.
all margo had was height and Floyds inside game is underrated. **** would have probably looked like the corrales fight. a prime Castillo is a better fighter than margo imo. margo is just a pressure guy he tires you out.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
So he chose to fight a front-running fraud who choked in every big fight he was in (Judah), a club fighter who was the worst lineal title holder in the history of the Welterweight division (Baldomir), and washed up pantyhose wearing crack-ho (De La Hoya).....OK :rolleyes9:

Poet
Baldomir wasn't good at all...Not Floyd fault he was the lineal champ. But, yea, he's the worst lineal champ in WW history.

I don't blame Floyd for fighting Oscar. Any rational man would fight Oscar. You have to be a complete idiot or Winky Wright to turn down a fight with Oscar.

But, he should have fought Margarito. For whatever reason he avoided the hell out of that man.