No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darnell Wilson Upsets Juan Carlos Gomez Over Ten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darnell Wilson Upsets Juan Carlos Gomez Over Ten

Hamburg, Germany - A big upset took place, as former cruiserweight champion king Juan Carlos Gomez (49-3, 37 KOs) was soundly beaten by a faded version of the once feared slugger Darnell Wilson (24-12-3, 20 KOs), who had previously lost six fights in a row. This time 37-year old Wilson looked out of shape, as he usually does, but put his punches together and showed some honorable desire to fight in his opponent's backyard. Oppositely, the Cuban stalwart looked too lazy and didn't deliver any quality punches to rock the American. Wilson, on the other hand, was rather consistent with his sudden left hooks and deserved to get the victory. The scores were 96-94 (twice) and 95-95 - for Darnell Wilson, who is likely going to landing another payday after this victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

and Dimitrenko is about to lose now to a british journey man

Comment

lol! hard to believe this guy beat oliver mccall twice(first fight no contest gomez tested positive for cocaine)& got a shot at vitali...i was nevwer sold on this guy.his win over mccall & sam are good wins but he never took the sport seriously after he moved up to heavyweight.he has been out of shape for so long that he has become an afterthought.he needs to retire if he isn't going to put in an effort.he just lost to "the ding-a-ling man" who is grossly out of shape these days & had lost 6 in a row...

Comment

This is pretty shocking. Wilson was below journeyman status.

Comment

vitaly's bum ass fought him.

Comment

If it was by knock-out I could understand the Ding-a-ling man scoring an upset but decision damn now that was an unlikely outcome.

Comment

I remember Wilson when he had that pretty good streak going on FNF. Glad to hear, I like the guy.

Comment

Wilson showed willingness if nothing else. I guess that made the difference with the judges. Gomez looked like he couldn't be bothered the whole fight.

Comment

Working...
                X