Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,198,960.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Default What really needs to happen in the wake of last Saturday.....

Khan vs Ortiz....

It's perfect and would be great for boxing!

After what Ortiz did, he's no future star in boxing. Sure he's more famous, but I doubt he gained any "fans" from that display.

But him being more famous is the key. With his new fame, exciting/dangerous fighting style, and vulnerability, he's the perfect gate keeper for helping fighters BREAK OUT into the PPV world... Specifically, Amir Khan.

Khan is one of the top talents of the sport today, and he's arguably not even at his best! He's a good respectable personality, and also an exciting style. He has his vulnerabilities of course, but he's still the most dangerous fighter in his division by a good margin (Be real, he'll beat Bradley.... And I'm a Bradley fan) and would easily be one of the top guys at welterweight.

And I still maintain that he is (or at least should be) the next big star in boxing once Floyd and Manny retire... At least this way it won't take as long for him to gain the attention of casual fans...

Anyway... My opinion
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Hassan93k
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Hassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these partsHassan93k is infamous around these parts
Bank: 204,706,698.15
Total Points: 204,729,214.77

Would be a great fight to see. However i think khan would beat ortiz. Khans starts very quick and i think once khan peppers him in the first few rounds Ortiz will be disheartened.

Ortiz would need to try and conserve energy and get Khan in the later rounds
Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,000,979.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

I disagree with break out in ppv.Fvck that. PPV's are going to skyrocket now since Floyd set the bar. I don't want another ppv star. I want to enjoy boxing without caughing up all klinds of money for ppv. How long will boxing last if we get charged 65 a pop & more ***** like what happened on saturday keeps happening?