Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 09-20-2011, 07:47 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,713,299,368,482.72
Total Points: 113,715,981,012,457.16
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoorty View Post
You mentioned depth....... AD WOLGAST hit pretty hard,,, KO's Owen MORAN, Wolgast portrait.... Battling Nelson V Abe Attell.....Wolgast Vs Battling Nelson............

i've been reading up on wolgast a lot lately

gut wrenching stuff, the way his life finished out
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
McGoorty
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 McGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,050,469,487.34
To a pal who I also respect a lot! - Terry A Old timer expert with great emoticon use. - Barnburner missed you around - McGoorty Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah 
Top poster - Toney616 No Message - rorymac It's your honorary Warriors fan badge..wear it with pride! KA MATE!!!! - Jeff Da Maori Good thread - rorymac cheers!  eat your fish!  tasty and healthy! - uglypug 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
i've been reading up on wolgast a lot lately

gut wrenching stuff, the way his life finished out
Yeah, he was the epitome of a warrior, great fighter, actually, the legendary Nelson contest which I did a round by round report on the whole 40 rds, was not the only great battle he had,.... many of his other fights were gut wrenching enough too..... It seems very few fighters have a comfortable life out of the ring.... Wolgast fared no better than Young Griffo or Nelson in the last years.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,829,287.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
they were almost all between 130 and 135. jr featherweight. (most importantly jr FW opponents.)

he had 3 fights at the full LW limit and none above it.

if you're taking about his run of first round stoppages he didn't have a single one of those at LW or against LW's

his biggest opponent was 133 during that run

at his smallest (early in his career) he was a FW fighting FW's

he was a terrific talent, certainly. no dispute. and he could bang.
i was pretty high on his boxing skills more than his brute power (especially as he fought bigger and better men)

but he's got almost no work at LW. and what he does have is not of any historic significance. you understand why that shouldn't put him in the discussion, right? accomplishments aside, those three opponents don't give you close to enough to go on. he fought no other lightweights.

and finally, on sight alone, his power punches were not even in the same league as oscar de la hoya at LW (to pick one of my favorite lightweights, and only for the sake of argument. i'm not saying nobody punched harder than oscar at LW.)

that man had true one punch power at LW
his left hook was the most significant of every fight he was ever in until he moved to WW. only at WW could a man sustain that blow

antonio demarco took a bunch of valero's best shots. yeah, he wasn't as aggressive as expected, but many of his fights around that time saw demarco boxing and being less aggressive than he had been early in his career.
demarco was his best LW opponent, and would be your best chance to evaluate valero's punching power at lw.

he would have gotten his face ripped apart if oscar hit him like that.

curiously, is your list in order?

maybe its the number one thing that is getting to me
but i don't get how you get such a heavy reputation as a historic great LW puncher with only 3 fights at LW with your best opponent being antonio demarco (who was retired on his stool and never even knocked off his feet.)
I agree that Oscar had great power as a lw. But Valero deserves the nr.1 spot because he looked like a monster puncher at any weight. I believe he woulda gone on to knock out better guys had he lived on. But I can see your point. He didn't have a long career at 135 and maybe Ike Williams deserves that spot more.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,036,518.14

Duran only 9th! too funny!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:05 AM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,295,650.31
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Edwin Valero
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,713,299,368,482.72
Total Points: 113,715,981,012,457.16
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
Edwin Valero
must we get back into this?

i thought i nipped this in the bud on a few of your threads a while back

you gonna make me go back through it?

or are you just unwilling to learn?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 AM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,635,254.56

Edwin Valero? Really? What a complete joke!

Who the hell did this guy KO that was worth a damn? Not only at 135 (where he had virtually no fights), but at 130? Who did he ever KO with one shot?

I saw lots of him (YouTube), and didn't even think he was that great a puncher....and also thought he had a lame style, which would have gotten him whacked had he actually fought anyone approaching the elite level.

Hilariously overrated by two posters in this section, who I now think should be under suspicion for being one and the same (alts), because I can't imagine two people sharing such an absurd opinion.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 431 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 517,371,632,293,860,736.00
Total Points: 517,371,632,293,872,384.00
great espn gallery!! , just finished wlad vs jackson.another great quality upload. - CAPT AMSTERDAM Some espn classic fights... awesome thread T!  I can't beleive I've never seen it - jose830 i couldn't green you , so here's a beer TBear!! - HUGH JASS GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 
One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen 
Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick legendary - lazy 
Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- tried to green ya but ive given too much in the last 24 hours, i still got your bakk - Tha_Greatest 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
Edwin Valero? Really? What a complete joke!
Thats the truth?

Freddie Pendleton could have done the same to Valero's opponents and went through them all unbeaten as well. And if he'd it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans because if he did, like Valero he would still be untested and still would not belong on that list.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
McGoorty
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 McGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,050,469,487.34
To a pal who I also respect a lot! - Terry A Old timer expert with great emoticon use. - Barnburner missed you around - McGoorty Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah 
Top poster - Toney616 No Message - rorymac It's your honorary Warriors fan badge..wear it with pride! KA MATE!!!! - Jeff Da Maori Good thread - rorymac cheers!  eat your fish!  tasty and healthy! - uglypug 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
Edwin Valero
Get over yourself PEPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,829,287.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
Thats the truth?

Freddie Pendleton could have done the same to Valero's opponents and went through them all unbeaten as well. And if he'd it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans because if he did, like Valero he would still be untested and still would not belong on that list.
Whats Pendleton got to do with this?? He wasn't even mentioned!