Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
TyrantT316
FloydMayweatherRULES

Rep Power: 23 TyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 331,771.56
Default You're Cotto. Do you go for the kill or box for a UD?

What do you think Cotto needs to do this time around? Margarito is not the same fighter he was that night. Do you view what Mosley and Pacman did and go all out not being intimidated by his size and chin reputation knowing that ANY man can fall at some point?

Or do you not take the chance and box as smart as you possibly can.

Cotto boxed well the first fight, but tired out and I am not sure a more paced boxing match will help if he's moving around a lot. Also throwing a lot may not be good if Cotto tires out. Mosley had the power to stop Margarito and the physicality and pressure to walk him down. Pacman had the speed, in and out, and stamina to go the distance.

Cotto I believe has to not be intimidated and box with aggression. Walk Margarito down with jabs and quick 1-3 punch combinations. Not move and move and throw 4-6 punch combinations as it tires him out.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM
RapidFire26
Contender

Rep Power: 4 RapidFire26 is a jewel in the roughRapidFire26 is a jewel in the roughRapidFire26 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 29,218.33

It also helps that Margarito won't have a huge unfair advantage as he likely did during the first fight. I also think Cotto may have gained more stamina and I expect him to box smartly with Stewart in his corner.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Turbo B
SNAP

Rep Power: 4 Turbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo B has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,615,697.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantT316 View Post
Cotto I believe has to not be intimidated and box with aggression. Walk Margarito down with jabs and quick 1-3 punch combinations. Not move and move and throw 4-6 punch combinations as it tires him out.
I honestly don't think this is hard fight for Cotto. Even though he's lost a few steps, if he can even slightly emulate his first fight -- he wins a decision, picking up little or no damage.

Margarito is nothing without wraps.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,349,862,919.70
Total Points: 1,286,371,145,452.06
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

He needs to stay in the pocket more and make use of his god given advantages.

I don't think Mosley has a lot more power than Cotto based on their fights with Margarito. What Mosley did was plant his feet, stand his ground, and throw punches with everything behind them. When Cotto and Margs fought Cotto was moving backwards almost the whole time.

I don't think Cotto should go to war, he just needs to be smart. If Margarito begins to close the distance hold him and turn. Stay in the middle of the ring and unleash some combinations, then rinse and repeat.

So I guess my answer would be a bit of both. It's not a good idea to get in a ton of exchanges cause Margarito can take more than Cotto can. But it's stupid to move too much cause I don't think he has the stamina and it takes steam off of his punches and gives Tony confidence.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,175,754,167.72
Total Points: 112,406,965,248.16
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

fight a smart fight early on where i dont get hit alot
and then after the 7th maybe start giving teh fans their worth
Old 09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
uoykcuf
Banned

Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,029,889.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

If I felt Margarito really cheated against me, I'd get dq'd because I'd punch his cup so hard his balls would go into his stomach. Then I would tackle him to the ground and stomp on his face. I'd kill someone if I felt they cheated against me in that ring.

I could care less about the win, if someone used plaster of paris against me they're going to die in that ring in the rematch.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,509.68
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

cotto just needs to stay off the ropes and keep the fight in the middle of the ring.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
-KULT-
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 -KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute-KULT- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,514,888,688,456.96
Total Points: 10,835,888,712,074.18

Go for the kill, Mosley style...

If he can, fight southpaw stance and give full force overhand left as many as possible...

Cotto stamina has to be top notch for this fight...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
RoidRage
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these partsRoidRage is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 43,188.04
nice sig pacroid is a fraud - I'm so sorry 

Cotto beats Margarito without the steel in his gloves. He was beating Margarito early in the 1st fight until Margaritos gloves started wearing thin and that METAL came to the surface.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
$ jmoney 210 $
Banned

Rep Power: 0 $ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,014,220.69

cotto needs to study mosley margo
hit and hold