Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Twako
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Twako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,672,939,201,511.58
Total Points: 19,673,039,241,302.36
for luck - jazluvr ayan pre - Talisayen tagay - Talisayen A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Talisayen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometosaigon View Post
Enlighten me......
are you dense? it's not just NSB it's the whole boxing community.

and what do you expect from Team Ortiz? they don't have a leg to stand on even if they file a case since the punch was legal.

drill this into your head, the discussion isn't if the punch was legal or not, it's if it was a classless sucker punch coming from self-proclaimed ATG.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-20-2011, 02:13 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,237,848,991,414.04
Total Points: 3,514,849,316,166.77
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Because people were dumb and thought Ortiz had a chance just because he's young. They can't accept that they were wrong.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,370,266,688,057,738.00
Total Points: 6,370,266,688,080,076.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twako View Post
are you dense? it's not just NSB it's the whole boxing community.

and what do you expect from Team Ortiz? they don't have a leg to stand on even if they file a case since the punch was legal.

drill this into your head, the discussion isn't if the punch was legal or not, it's if it was a classless sucker punch coming from self-proclaimed ATG.
And that discussion is an exercise in futility....

We can play "Ring Around the Rosie" all day about it. Whether Mayweather's actions were classless or not is a matter of opinion. I somewhat lean towards that opinion myself, but it means nothing.

As for Floyd's apparent ATG status having something to do with anything, here's what I have to say about it:

1- Mayweather probably didn't expect Ortiz to take anything more than the first shot before he put his hands up.

2- Floyd probably didn't expect to KO Victor with his second shot. (Mayweather's not exactly known for his power.)

3- Mayweather was under no obligation to give a man who had blatantly head-butted him any sportsmanlike (assuming you think his actions were un-sportsmanlike to begin with) consideration.

To imply that Floyd should've allowed the fight to go any further than necessary in order to prove his greatness is rather naive. It's a fight, not an exhibition. The ultimate objective is to go home early, preferably with another notch in the "W" column.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
junior gong
snr gong

Rep Power: 42 junior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,376,741,864,698.32
Total Points: 13,377,751,594,155.70
A gift for my favorite bumsniff... - Kenny MF Powers one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bumsniffing the trail of flomos on BS 24/7. - Body Movin' keep murking these floydiot bumsniffs, flomos kneel before you and kiss your feet - Turd &quot;hi yung doe&quot; looool - thuggery 
thx m8, can always count on the gongster to lay the smackdown - thuggery A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers buddy, screw the FloydTroopers - Beercules ATG poster! - jas 
I now pronounce Floyd Mayweather and Junior Gong in holy matrimony. Congrats Mayweather and Gong for their beautiful marriage. - BrushMyHair You're fackin hilarious - Booty Dew Helluva poster - jas Legendary destroyer of Fl0mos - Free Booty Dew! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Because people were dumb and thought Ortiz had a chance just because he's young. They can't accept that they were wrong.
Anyone who thought Vic had anything but the slimmest of punchers chances probably havent ever watched the sport or were a ***** talking up teh 'young lion'.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Twako
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Twako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond reputeTwako has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,672,939,201,511.58
Total Points: 19,673,039,241,302.36
for luck - jazluvr ayan pre - Talisayen tagay - Talisayen A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Talisayen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
And that discussion is an exercise in futility....

We can play "Ring Around the Rosie" all day about it. Whether Mayweather's actions were classless or not is a matter of opinion. I somewhat lean towards that opinion myself, but it means nothing.

As for Floyd's apparent ATG status having something to do with anything, here's what I have to say about it:

1- Mayweather probably didn't expect Ortiz to take anything more than the first shot before he put his hands up.

2- Floyd probably didn't expect to KO Victor with his second shot. (Mayweather's not exactly known for his power.)

3- Mayweather was under no obligation to give a man who had blatantly head-butted him any sportsmanlike (assuming you think his actions were un-sportsmanlike to begin with) consideration.

To imply that Floyd should've allowed the fight to go any further than necessary in order to prove his greatness is rather naive. It's a fight, not an exhibition. The ultimate objective is to go home early, preferably with another notch in the "W" column.

never said the discussion could revert the decision. im just replying to his thread on point. you would be blind not to see that this discussion only exists here on NSB.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
JoeyNumbers
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 JoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these partsJoeyNumbers is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,787.53

Quote:
Enlighten me......
Because we paid good money to watch a fight....

Team Ortiz got PAID.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:26 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twako View Post
never said the discussion could revert the decision. im just replying to his thread on point. you would be blind not to see that this discussion only exists here on NSB.
Which is why I included a second topic in my post, in reply to what you implied about Mayweather being a "self-proclaimed ATG." We're clearly in agreement that Floyd's actions were legal and, therefore, his win is irreversible.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyNumbers View Post
Because we paid good money to watch a fight....

Team Ortiz got PAID.
You see...it's comments like this that make it clear some people think Mayweather should have somehow carried Ortiz for a few rounds in order to give the fans "their money's worth". Anything can happen in boxing. Floyd is under no obligation to risk injury or a loss in order to satisfy anyone. Please refer to my earlier post just a few messages up for just a few thoughts on this matter.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM
mathed
Golovkin is the G.O.A.T!

Rep Power: 97 mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 929,473,779,745,087.00
Total Points: 1,620,473,579,751,721.00
For Avatar awesomeness - DannYankee09 Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden war b-suth - Mike D :beerchug: - -jose- Something in return for the gifts and points and stuff . Thanks again - Respect Power 
Happy birthday old fart! - DannYankee09 Appreciate it my man! Here's a 40!! Enjoy the schooling Pascal is gonna get! :D - Golovkin Enjoy a beer on me :) - Tyler_Durden Another beer for ya bro, to go along with your winnings from tonight's fights! :) - Tyler_Durden Good luck to your fighter. - Augustane 
No Message - sugarsmosley everyone gifts beer, have some cake for a change - sugarsmosley Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps War Tribe - Hougigo To a valiant warrior. - DonMega 
War Tribe!!!!!!!!!!! - Rome-By-Ko Cheers man.been a hot day. - Scott.Weiland. Hey man here's a gift .  Couple of our guys lost since I ran in to u . Ur were the first dude to donate me points so cheers!!! - Respect Power No Message - Respect Power thanks - Dean_Razorback 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Enlighten me......
It was a blantant payoff. Money May is going to make nearly 40 million when it's all said and done. Ortiz will make around 3 mill. Floyd tossed him and his team another couple of mill on the side to make it look good for a couple of rounds and then to let Floyd get the KO.

Ortiz could have easily gotten back up after that punch and if he were embarrassed, you know his trainer would have been pissed and tried to complain to the ref. Did he do that? Heck no, his entire team had huge smiles on their faces as well as Ortiz.....wonder why.

There is the rematch clause which was likely used as bait to get Ortiz to agree as well. Now with all the controversy surrounding the fight, the call for a rematch will be pretty heavy and it gives Floyd a way around fighting Pac.
If Mayweather retires now, it won't be long before Ortiz and his team come out with the truth....it's only a matter of time.