Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Nonitard
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Nonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,018,393.78
Default Hype job Mercito Gesta won in a gift decision

At best it was a draw against Manuel Perez. But the judges had a wide margin of victory for Gesta

cant believe no one in the so called boxing media has called this kid out on winning a gift.

And he wants Brandon Rios? GTFO here!!!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-19-2011, 01:26 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,524.68
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

it's hard for me to comment on his performance since i missed the fight, but from all the articles i've read on the fight they say that mercito pretty much dominated perez.. :/. also don't forget that perez's first fight with brandon rios ended in a draw, and perez himself said that he feels mercito is better than rios.

Last edited by APPONO ASTOS; 09-19-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Pinoy4ever
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Pinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,021,032.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonitard View Post
At best it was a draw against Manuel Perez. But the judges had a wide margin of victory for Gesta

cant believe no one in the so called boxing media has called this kid out on winning a gift.

What have U been smoking? Give me some of that.

Cause Mercito DOMINATED Perez all night.
It was a walk in the park.

Perez said after the fight that Mercito is more gifted fighter than Rios.
Perez met Rios 2 times .

But I still believe that Mercito should have more experience.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Luis Resto
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Luis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these partsLuis Resto is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 12,271.77

Quote:

Mercheato is all hype just like Chumpiao.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:24 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,524.68
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

Quote:

just saw a replay of the fight and i know what you're talking about now. mercito did not look as impressive compared to his previosus fights, and he was showboating way too much. don't know what was going on, but mercito was not active enough and seemed way too hesitant to let his hands go, which is frustrating because i know he is capable of being better than that. definitely the scorecards were bs and way off..I would agree with a draw as well. it was definitely a much closer fight then what the judges had. but he did have his moments specifically in the 7th round, and he also busted up perez's face pretty good too.

Last edited by APPONO ASTOS; 09-19-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Nonitard
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Nonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond reputeNonitard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy4ever View Post
What have U been smoking? Give me some of that.

Cause Mercito DOMINATED Perez all night.
It was a walk in the park.

Perez said after the fight that Mercito is more gifted fighter than Rios.
Perez met Rios 2 times .

But I still believe that Mercito should have more experience.
You are seeing an entirely different fight

what i saw was a guy who ate up right hands all night. He's got zero defense.

Sure, he wasnt hurt but he got caught a lot and was outworked. not sure if they had stats for the fight, but i guarantee you Gesta was outlanded.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Nonitard
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyLungs View Post
just saw a replay of the fight and i know what you're talking about now. mercito did not look as impressive compared to his previosus fights, and he was showboating way too much. don't know what was going on, but mercito was not active enough and seemed way too hesitant to let his hands go, which is frustrating because i know he is capable of being better than that. definitely the scorecards were bs and way off..I would agree with a draw as well. it was definitely a much closer fight then what the judges had. but he did have his moments specifically in the 7th round, and he also busted up perez's face pretty good too.
Arum made sure Mercito had some friendly judges haha
Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 PM
krziboitin
Up and Comer

Total Points: 20,550.19

I just saw the fight and honestly,mercito lost and got out-hustled. At best it was a draw for mercito cause he was showboating way to much. I'm really disappointed in his performance. His poor cardio really showed this time. If he can perform like he did in the 7th round throughout the whole fight, only then can i see him competing with Rios but for now, he shouldn't even mention his name.

The guy needs to cool his head and get his ego in check. Way too much disrespect shown there and waited too long to let the punches go. Watching the fight had me so frustrated, because i know gesta could do a lot better.

Anyways,he needs better cardio and less people telling him he's like manny pacquiao cause he's nowhere close.